+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Janakrustagi

May 3, 2016
CANADA PR application

Hello Everyone,
I had applied for the Express Entry in Feb 2016 and received the Invitation to Apply from them soon after. We were given 60 days to get the PR application submitted, get the upfront medical test done and get the Police Clearance Certificates.
My wife and myself got everything that was required and submitted, except the FBI Clearance Certificate (I was in the US for 6 yrs prior to moving back to India so I need to get the FBI PCC from USA). I submitted the FBI finger prints and the Credit Card application form along with the other form to FBI in Virginia. Unfortunately they take about 15 weeks to process this. We have submitted/uploaded a proof of the application to FBI on our CIC account and sent a hard copy to Canada with our application. Incidentally, yesterday I received a message on my CIC account requesting the FBI clearance original from the FBI, by the 2nd of June. So I called up the FBI and asked them if my application was processed, they told me that I would take another 3-4 weeks to process and another 2-3 weeks to reach me via mail in India. Obviously this we go beyond the 2nd of June. I have heard that we can inform the CIC office about this and keep them posted and updated. As soon as I receive my FBI clearance, we will share it with them. CAn anyone please share the email address or method to contact the CIC and inform them about the delay and progress.
Thanks.

jeni1981

Jul 11, 2015
Hi guys.
I have a query regarding renewing my EE profile due to it expire May 1st. I am sorry, I imagine the question has been asked too many times, how should I do it the job bank registration again, I have not received any information after updating my application. Please help.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
jeni1981 said:
Hi guys.
I have a query regarding renewing my EE profile due to it expire May 1st. I am sorry, I imagine the question has been asked too many times, how should I do it the job bank registration again, I have not received any information after updating my application. Please help.
Once you create a new profile you will get the Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code just like you did when you created your first profile, it may take up to 24 hours to get the message in your MyCIC account. Once you have those, you will need to create a new Job Bank account and activate it with the new Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code.

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
Hi Aragorn and Stanlee. Hope you are doing well. It would be great if anyone of you or other members can answer my question. It is relating to Work exp. for Express Entry

I am a Chartered Accountant(Professional Degree from Indian Chartered Accountants Institute), and we have to undergo internship of 3 years while studying for it. Alongwith CA, we also do our BCom(Bachelor's degree from University). I worked for 3 years(eg. Yr1 to Yr3) in Deloitte(2yrs) and JP Morgan(1yr) as a part of my CA internship(full time and well paid). Meanwhile, in mid Yr2, I clear my BCom.

I read somewhere on CIC that internships are not counted as work ex(not sure whether it is for FSW or CEC), however, many people say that work ex after BCom can be considered. And some say that all work exp in last 10 yrs can be considered.

My question is that whether professional experience while studying university degree can be considered? or that earned after completing University degree? If not, how much can be considered?

I understand that the question might be confusing, however, I am ready to explain it if not understood. Thanks in advance friends, you're doing a great job!!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ronakshah92 said:
Hi Aragorn and Stanlee. Hope you are doing well. It would be great if anyone of you or other members can answer my question. It is relating to Work exp. for Express Entry

I am a Chartered Accountant(Professional Degree from Indian Chartered Accountants Institute), and we have to undergo internship of 3 years while studying for it. Alongwith CA, we also do our BCom(Bachelor's degree from University). I worked for 3 years(eg. Yr1 to Yr3) in Deloitte(2yrs) and JP Morgan(1yr) as a part of my CA internship(full time and well paid). Meanwhile, in mid Yr2, I clear my BCom.

I read somewhere on CIC that internships are not counted as work ex(not sure whether it is for FSW or CEC), however, many people say that work ex after BCom can be considered. And some say that all work exp in last 10 yrs can be considered.

My question is that whether professional experience while studying university degree can be considered? or that earned after completing University degree? If not, how much can be considered?

I understand that the question might be confusing, however, I am ready to explain it if not understood. Thanks in advance friends, you're doing a great job!!
For FSW, you can include all paid work experience whether full-time or part-time provided it was under NOC skill type 0, A or B. The restriction that you are referring is with regard to the work experience gained in Canada while on a study permit or which was part of course requirement.

Hattami

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application, SLU: 08-08-2015
Med's Request
19-08-2015
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon inshaa Allah
Hello guys,

My friend has a bachelor of military sciences, can he apply for the express entry, please advice?
Are there specified jobs to apply or is it open ?

Thanks

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Hattami said:
Hello guys,

My friend has a bachelor of military sciences, can he apply for the express entry, please advice?
Are there specified jobs to apply or is it open ?

Thanks
He can apply if he has up to 1 full year of work experience in a Skill 0 or A or B profession. (note: skill 0= Management jobs , A= Professional jobs, B = skilled trades). Express entry is not restricted to specific occupations and his educational degree does not need to match his work experience.

He needs to check online for the appropriate NOC code which matches his job experience; use this link
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*

hope this helps :)

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Johny Bravo said:
Hi there
I just want to ask to make sure.
If I didn't get any points for education for Canadian Experience Class but I got ITA cause I still have enough points, that means that I don't need Credential Assessment right?
Thank you
can someone help me with this one please?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Johny Bravo said:
can someone help me with this one please?
As per the CEC requirement mentioned here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need:
- a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree,
OR
- a completed foreign credential, and
- an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC. [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.]

So the answer to your question is, Yes.

Hattami

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application, SLU: 08-08-2015
Med's Request
19-08-2015
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon inshaa Allah
LizzyBob said:
He can apply if he has up to 1 full year of work experience in a Skill 0 or A or B profession. (note: skill 0= Management jobs , A= Professional jobs, B = skilled trades). Express entry is not restricted to specific occupations and his educational degree does not need to match his work experience.

He needs to check online for the appropriate NOC code which matches his job experience; use this link
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*

hope this helps :)
1+ for your reply. Thank you.

Sonu12345678

May 4, 2016
Hi,

I got my IELTS results.

WRITING: 5.5
SPEAKING: 6
LISTENING: 6.5
READING: 7.0

Overall band score: 6.5.

Can i apply under Federal skilled worker program.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Stanlee said:
As per the CEC requirement mentioned here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need:
- a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree,
OR
- a completed foreign credential, and
- an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC. [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.]

So the answer to your question is, Yes.
Thank you
I asked just to make sure because on CIC website about PR also says that you need police check from countries that you spend 6 months or more IN A ROW but it turned out that they changed it and now it's 6 month or more IN TOTAL. They didn't change the info on PR part of their website.

I also wanted to ask, if after submitting all my papers for PR I loose my job (closing the office) which I got 600 points for, do I need to inform CIC about it? Are they going to reject me? is there any way that I can apply for a bridging permit )open WP) so I can find another job?

Thank you

Feb 14, 2016
keerthiv said:
Hello people,

Need your help/advice/suggestion.

is there a thread in this forum that someone can point me to, that will provide a step-by-step instructions of how to apply for Express Entry process(in order).
If here is no thread of that can, could someone who has in-depth understanding of the process, kindly create one and put it as sticky?

I am bit confused as to what would be the first step in applying for the EE and its corresponding steps.
Though website provide instructions to certain extent, i am not entirely convinced as i understand there is lot more required than what is mentioned on the website.

These instruction will be helpful not just to me but many aspirants who are seeking a lucid understanding of the process.

Thank you all for your time. :)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Sonu12345678 said:
Hi,

I got my IELTS results.

WRITING: 5.5
SPEAKING: 6
LISTENING: 6.5
READING: 7.0

Overall band score: 6.5.

Can i apply under Federal skilled worker program.

Please help me.

Thank you.
To apply under FSW (express Entry) you need a minimum of CLB 7 in each band which is 6 each in LRWS. Retake IELTS to improve your score and then you can apply.