+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi,

thanks for the reply.

My highest qualification is MBA in general management, but my work experience has been in software development.
I hope this doesn't affect my applicaiton?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aditya127 said:
Hi,

thanks for the reply.

My highest qualification is MBA in general management, but my work experience has been in software development.
I hope this doesn't affect my applicaiton?
No problem. Your line of work does not necessarily need to be aligned with your academic background.

Himalaya1

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Hi Rajkamalmohanram!!

Need you HELP..

If my spouse's sibling is a citizen there. Can I answer 'Yes' in the Express Entry form??
For the question- DO YOU HAVE A RELATIVE WHO IS A CITIZEN OR A PR THERE?

PL HELP!!

Thanks

Vaidyy

Aug 5, 2015
Hi All,

I have CRS - 499 points and filed my application yesterday.
When will the April 1st draw happen any tentative time? Pls confirm.

Also Can I start my Police clearance certificate request process before getting ITA? as it takes time to receive the certificate.

Regards.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Himalaya1 said:
Hi Rajkamalmohanram!!

Need you HELP..

If my spouse's sibling is a citizen there. Can I answer 'Yes' in the Express Entry form??
For the question- DO YOU HAVE A RELATIVE WHO IS A CITIZEN OR A PR THERE?

PL HELP!!

Thanks
Yes, you can answer YES. You'll have to submit documentation for that though!

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Vaidyy said:
Hi All,

I have CRS - 499 points and filed my application yesterday.
When will the April 1st draw happen any tentative time? Pls confirm.

Also Can I start my Police clearance certificate request process before getting ITA? as it takes time to receive the certificate.

Regards.
With 499 you will surely get ITA on the next round (which is possibly tomorrow , April 6th). Yes you should start processing your police certificate and even book your up-front medical exam, as well as gather all supporting documents.

Good luck :)

Himalaya1

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, you can answer YES. You'll have to submit documentation for that though!
Thanks Rajkamalmohanram :)
Some quick questions..
1. What kinds of documents can I attach?
2. I have answered 'ALL THE PROVINCES' to the question WHICH PROVINCE/S WOULD YOU LIKE TO SETTLE DOWN IN? Although I am open to go to any place with good job prospects and family environment. PLEASE ADVISE.

Regards

Vaidyy

Aug 5, 2015
Thanks for Quick reply.

Please advise what are the documents and in what order I should start preparing based on the time taken for gathering.
And how to book upfront medical exams please.

One more doubt to be addressed:
I f I am planning to go out of country and come back in week after submitting my Police certificate will that still be valid?
I went to India during Dec( less than 6 months - Should I get a certificated from India too)
I went to US for 3 days last month (Hope it has no impact)

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Vaidyy said:
Thanks for Quick reply.

Please advise what are the documents and in what order I should start preparing based on the time taken for gathering.
And how to book upfront medical exams please.

I f I am planning to go out of country and come back in week after submitting my Police certificate will that still be valid?
I went to India during Dec( less than 6 months - Should I get a certificated from India too)
You can prepare your documents in any order you like; I recommend you start with the ones that will take a long time to process;
1. For the medicals , you need to check CIC website for the approved list of "panel physicians". select the panel physician that is closest to you and book an appointment with them. make sure you tell the doctor that it is an upfront medical for Canadian permanent residency application.

2. You need to get police clearance from any country you have been RESIDENT in for a total of 6months or more; since your 18th birthday. If you have lived in India for up to 6months in total (since you were 18 yrs old) then you will need a police clearance. Read CIC website on information about the requirement of each country's police clearance, as it may vary.

3. A police clearance certificate (PCC) from a previous country of residence must have been obtained after the last date you were in that country. While a police certificate of your current country of residence must not be older than 3months when you submit it. You do not need a PCC for short temporary/tourist visits.

Himalaya1

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Thanks Rajkamalmohanram

Some quick questions..
2. I have answered 'ALL THE PROVINCES' to the question WHICH PROVINCE/S WOULD YOU LIKE TO SETTLE DOWN IN? Although I am open to go to any place with good job prospects and family environment. PLEASE ADVISE.

Regards

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Himalaya1 said:
Thanks Rajkamalmohanram

Some quick questions..

2 types of documents - One proving the relationship between your wife and her sibling and second, proof of his/her PR status/citizenship in Canada.

For the former, you can submit the birth certificates of both your wife and her sibling to show common parents.
For the latter, you can submit PR card, Passport (if citizen), Driving License and Lease agreement.

This doesn't affect your PR application in anyway. If you get a direct ITA, you could land anywhere in Canada (and live/work anywhere).

Regards

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Vaidyy said:
Thanks for Quick reply.

And how to book upfront medical exams please. (Answered Below)

The point here is - if you have stayed in ANY country for 180 days or more in TOTAL (AND not necessarily in a row), you MUST submit a PCC from that country. The PCC must be obtained AFTER the last day you spent in the country.

As for your current country of residence, you need to submit a PCC that is no older than 6 months.
LizzyBob said:
You can prepare your documents in any order you like; I recommend you start with the ones that will take a long time to process;
1. For the medicals , you need to check CIC website for the approved list of "panel physicians". select the panel physician that is closest to you and book an appointment with them. make sure you tell the doctor that it is an upfront medical for Canadian permanent residency application.

It is always advisable to do medicals AS LATE AS possible. Do not rush. Your landing date depends on the expiry of your medical test reults (12 months is the validity). So, getting the medical test done at the very last minute will buy you a good amount of landing time after you get your visa.

2. You need to get police clearance from any country you have been RESIDENT in for a total of 6months or more; since your 18th birthday. If you have lived in India for up to 6months in total (since you were 18 yrs old) then you will need a police clearance. Read CIC website on information about the requirement of each country's police clearance, as it may vary.

3. A police clearance certificate (PCC) from a previous country of residence must have been obtained after the last date you were in that country. While a police certificate of your current country of residence must not be older than 3months when you submit it. You do not need a PCC for short temporary/tourist visits.

"police certificate of your current country of residence must not be older than 3months"Incorrect. Its 6 months.

Link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp (Scroll down to Police Checks)

Himalaya1

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Thank you so much Rajkamalmohanram.

I understand that it is better to gather the requisite documents well in time. So I have started preparing a file.
For my work history-- I have an experience certificate from a firm for which I have worked from 2003-2014. I worked here on project basis. Thereafter I began working as a freelancer.
In this case what documents should I produce?

Pl HELP.

Regards

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Himalaya1 said:
Thank you so much Rajkamalmohanram.

I understand that it is better to gather the requisite documents well in time. So I have started preparing a file.
For my work history-- I have an experience certificate from a firm for which I have worked from 2003-2014. I worked here on project basis. Thereafter I began working as a freelancer.
In this case what documents should I produce?

Pl HELP.

Regards
The letters from your past employers are valid indefinitely. For your current occupation, you need to produce letters that are not older than one year.

Having said that, freelancers don't generally have regular working hours (like 40 hours per week). In that case, (If you are claiming points for your current occupation) I believe you must provide the documents that conclusively proves that you are carrying out the roles in listed out in the NOC that you have chosen. You can provide them with the letters from clients mentioning the roles that you carry out. You also need to prove that you were paid for the work that you do. For this, you can show checks/deposits in your bank account. If your clients provide you with payslips, submit the same.

STARBELLA

Mar 29, 2016
Hi,
I have done my Post Graduation Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) from symbiosis centre for distance learning. Should I get ECA done for the same? Does distance learning from symbiosis holds any equivalency to Canadian education?