+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
STARBELLA said:
Hi,
I have done my Post Graduation Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) from symbiosis centre for distance learning. Should I get ECA done for the same? Does distance learning from symbiosis holds any equivalency to Canadian education?
Follow this link and see what that degree is worth in Canada --->

http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

chandni.rao

Apr 6, 2016
Hey everyone,

I was recently invited to apply and I had the following questions about the document checklist for the Application for PR -

1) I am most certainly single and have never been married but I am still required to upload a proof of relationship. Anyone knows what this is or why I'd need to?

2) I haven't lived outside Canada for six months or more since I was 18 but again, I'm still required to upload a police certificate from Dubai, my home country.

I've combed through my entire application for errors but didn't find any so I'm really confused. Any feedback/input on the above would be so appreciated! Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this very helpful forum.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
chandni.rao said:
Hey everyone,

I was recently invited to apply and I had the following questions about the document checklist for the Application for PR -

1) I am most certainly single and have never been married but I am still required to upload a proof of relationship. Anyone knows what this is or why I'd need to?

Did you mention about a relative in Canada? If yes, then this placeholder is for the proof of relationship with that individual.

2) I haven't lived outside Canada for six months or more since I was 18 but again, I'm still required to upload a police certificate from Dubai, my home country.

Strange. When was the last time you went to Dubai and how old were you back then?

I've combed through my entire application for errors but didn't find any so I'm really confused. Any feedback/input on the above would be so appreciated! Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this very helpful forum.

itsmejohnhcl

Mar 31, 2016
Guys,

I have a very important query regarding point 6E.

>>>> contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

Do we need to get Job Letters at the time of Creating our profile in Express Entry or we need it only at the time when we receive the "Invitation to Apply" ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
itsmejohnhcl said:
Guys,

I have a very important query regarding point 6E.

>>>> contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

Do we need to get Job Letters at the time of Creating our profile in Express Entry or we need it only at the time when we receive the "Invitation to Apply" ?
You would be submitting your documents only after you receive your ITA. You don't need them whilst creating your EE profile.

Himalaya1

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Thanks Rajkamalmohanram

Though I can get letters from some of my clients but(most likely) will not be able to get any proof of payments. And I can show the proof of funds required by CIC, in my account.
What should I do to make my application strong?

I got mine and my spouse's ECA done last year.And we both have also done IELTS.

Please HELP..

Regards

jjose91

Apr 3, 2016
again the cut of seems to be 470....

:( :( :mad:

but the numbers are so low..!! who they sent ITA to ..!

I am sure the people with high scores are reducing..!!

but if they come down..they will have too many people to give ITAs to..!

chandni.rao

Apr 6, 2016
Thank you for your prompt response rajkamalmohanram! Your response to point 1 makes sense now, thank you again! And for point 2) I've been back every summer (4 months) since I was 18 and over the Christmas break (2 weeks) and most recently, from Oct 26th 2014 to April 4th 2015 (not an entire 6 month period) so never 6 months or more in a row as was mentioned on the website. I'm getting the certificate but it's going to be a huge bottleneck and I don't know if I can make the 60 day deadline. Will a letter explanation suffice?

Thanks so much again! :)

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi,

I got the ITA. :)
When asked to provide address details, do we need to provide the exact address details we have been in a particular country for last 10 years.
I've been switching places and living at number of locations within my country over the last 10 years. Do we need to provide exact date and details?

thanks in advance,
Aditya

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Himalaya1 said:
Thanks Rajkamalmohanram

Though I can get letters from some of my clients but(most likely) will not be able to get any proof of payments. And I can show the proof of funds required by CIC, in my account.
What should I do to make my application strong?

I got mine and my spouse's ECA done last year.And we both have also done IELTS.

Please HELP..

Regards
If you are claiming points for your current occupation, then IRCC will be interested to see if you were paid for the work you do. You have a workaround for this.

You need not claim points for your current employment (freelancing) if you have at least 3 years of paid work experience in the past 10 years. You could mention only your previous job in the work history section and reserve your current employment for the personal history section alone. This way, you would have to provide them with only work documents pertaining to your previous job (this will be easy because you could get a reference letter form your employer stating all the details and you wouldn't need anything more).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aditya127 said:
Hi,

I got the ITA. :)
When asked to provide address details, do we need to provide the exact address details we have been in a particular country for last 10 years.
I've been switching places and living at number of locations within my country over the last 10 years. Do we need to provide exact date and details?

thanks in advance,
Aditya
Get as accurate as you can. IRCC can understand if there are minor deviations/inaccuracies because keeping track of all the places you have lived in the past 10 years is difficult. Try to be be as accurate and correct as you possibly can.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
chandni.rao said:
Thank you for your prompt response rajkamalmohanram! Your response to point 1 makes sense now, thank you again! And for point 2) I've been back every summer (4 months) since I was 18 and over the Christmas break (2 weeks) and most recently, from Oct 26th 2014 to April 4th 2015 (not an entire 6 month period) so never 6 months or more in a row as was mentioned on the website. I'm getting the certificate but it's going to be a huge bottleneck and I don't know if I can make the 60 day deadline. Will a letter explanation suffice?

Thanks so much again! :)
You most definitely would need a PCC, IMO. You need to submit PCCs for countries where you have lived for 6 months (not necessarily in a row). The CIC website says otherwise (I believe its not updated) but there was an update earlier this year and I can't seem to find the link. I'll update you when I find it.

Apply right away - try to get the PCC ASAP. If you are not able to procure it and if you think you cannot submit your application on time, consider declining the ITA. You can submit your application when you get another ITA in the next round. Don't risk it. To my knowledge, this kind of flexibility is being given only for applicants who are waiting for a FBI PCC. So, suggest you not to submit your application without Indian PCC.

Good luck!

STARBELLA

Mar 29, 2016
http: //ww.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary. asp
[/quote]

I have gone through this link but Post Graduation Diploma is not listed there. It only has options to choose Bachelor's degree or Master's degree. Does that mean that WES does not recognize PG diploma programs??

Please Help!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
STARBELLA said:
http: //ww.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary. asp

I have gone through this link but Post Graduation Diploma is not listed there. It only has options to choose Bachelor's degree or Master's degree. Does that mean that WES does not recognize PG diploma programs??

Please Help!
I recall certain applicants in the past getting their PGDPs evaluated from WES but as of late, haven't heard anyone who has got such an evaluation from WES. Suggest you to do some research on IQAS as one person (aditya127) reported that his PGDP was evaluated as being equivalent to a Canadian Masters.

Here is the link to his report --->

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byhl_Ug305o0TGlLYTBSVDFFWU45dFJBQTNrcWYyVnFqYXBN/view?usp=docslist_api

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi,

Before getting assessed I tried looking at the equivalent from WES website. But it wasn't available on WES website.
It seems they don't have the equivalent for PGDM on website, but that shouldn't stop us from getting it assessed.