+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

AckeeSaltfish

Oct 16, 2015
cyronn said:
You could try for a provincial nomination, which gets you 600 additional points. From what I've read in the forums most PNs are exhausted for this year and will restart from early next year.
Alternatively you can try and improve IELTS scores if you and your wife don't have a CLB9 or CLB10 already.
The last option ofcourse is to try and get a LMIA supported job which is again 600 additional points, but is probably the most difficult to get (esp from outside Canada).
Thanks Cyronn

I see that early next year PN should open up again. IELTS are 8s and 7 for reading. Will just keep track of everything . Thanks again :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Himalaya1 said:
Thanks Asivad
What should I do if the FDs are in different banks??
Pl help.

Regards
Get letters from each of those banks with all details required by CIC.

aditya24786

Sep 10, 2015
aditya24786 said:
Hi seniors,

I have done graduation in Architecture and PG in construction Management also have experience working as an Architect and as an Construction Manager both, When I did my ECA my graduation was assessed as Canadian Architecture ;D but my PG was not considered at all :(.

I have two doubts,
1) Can I still apply under the NOC code of Construction Manager ::) as I have worked 3 years as the same and can get the reference experience letters with the role and responsibilities too. Or I have to apply as an Architect because my education for Architecture are only approved by WES ??? ?

2) If I apply under the NOC code of an Architect, and gets the PR. Will I be able to find a job and work as a Construction Manager in Canada as I have experience in the same field also loves the job :). Will my reference experience letters (of as an architect) not allow me to get a job of a construction manager :eek:. Or will the employer require the same reference/experience letter as submitted to the CIC ?
Any information regarding this will be much appreciated.

Live2smile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
YamPower said:
e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.
is that still actual? I didn't find that kind of info on CIC website. I was working full time and studying full time back in my country and now applying under FSWP. Does it mean that my experience won't be counted?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Live2smile said:
is that still actual? I didn't find that kind of info on CIC website. I was working full time and studying full time back in my country and now applying under FSWP. Does it mean that my experience won't be counted?
That is true for work experience acquired while studying in Canada.

You'll be able to claim both activities simultaneously. I'm not sure how one can claim two simultaneous full time activities though. Defeats the whole purpose of terming something as "full" time.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Asivad Anac said:
That is true for work experience acquired while studying in Canada.

You'll be able to claim both activities simultaneously. I'm not sure how one can claim two simultaneous full time activities though. Defeats the whole purpose of terming something as "full" time.
I wouldn't agree on that. In some countries that is possible purely because diring the lasy year you can be done with all classrooms, all exams, while having 6-12 months to defend final thesis.
It is also possible to finish, just for example, 3 yrs college in 5-6 years. Some people "freeze up" their academic year (don't attend classes and eventually go for an exam if they didn't pass something from a previous year), while still holding a status of full-time student, and during that year they go and work so they can pay for continuation of their studies.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnny123 said:
I wouldn't agree on that. In some countries that is possible purely because diring the lasy year you can be done with all classrooms, all exams, while having 6-12 months to defend final thesis.
It is also possible to finish, just for example, 3 yrs college in 5-6 years. Some people "freeze up" their academic year (don't attend classes and eventually go for an exam if they didn't pass something from a previous year), while still holding a status of full-time student, and during that year they go and work so they can pay for continuation of their studies.
Though I understand these outlying possibilities, I was commenting on how it seems counter intuitive to call 2 or more activities as full time simultaneously. Full time, by definition, implies that it covers the entire duration of time available leaving aside enough time for some part-time activity. Multiple full-time activities seems like an oxymoron. But that can probably be explained to CIC when required.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Though I understand these outlying possibilities, I was commenting on how it seems counter intuitive to call 2 or more activities as full time simultaneously. Full time, by definition, implies that it covers the entire duration of time available leaving aside enough time for some part-time activity. Multiple full-time activities seems like an oxymoron. But that can probably be explained to CIC when required.
Gotcha, yep, agree on that!

mojuni

Sep 8, 2011
Dear Gurus,
I'm HR Executive with 7 years relevant experience, having MBA in HR, IELTS with 7 band and aged 32. My score is 378 at the moment. Any suggestions to increase my score? I understand that a job offer can definitely boost it but how about retaking IELTS for 7787? If I get CLB 9, to what number I can raise my score from 378?