+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Hello everybody.
I wanted to give some information that may be useful for people who do not have PCC.
When I received the ITA, I found out that FBI check takes almost 3 months. I applied for FBI check right away.

I scanned the fingerprint card ad the post office receipt.
I got a PCC from the state where I live.
I got a PCC from US channellers.

I waited as long as possible and applied on the 59th day after I got the ITA. on 14th of September

In a short cover letter, I told them that I didnt know FBI check would take so long. I told them that I have applied on 20th of July and as the processing time is 3 months I will get it around 15th of October. I also told that I waited as much as possible to submit my documents and I asked them to give me a few more days.
I scanned my the cover letter, PCC from State, from channeller, scan of the fingerprint card and the post office reciept that showed I had sent the documents to FBI.

I uploaded the cover letter in both the explanation letter and the PCC part.

Last Friday, they sent me a letter saying that you provided proof that you have applied for FBI check.
Please upload it as soon as you get it.
And they gave me 60 days to upload it.

In case you are short of any PCC, provide the proof that you have applied for it, even if it is the scan of the post office receipt.
In a short cover letter tell them that it takes some time. If you can, give them an approximate time of when you will get the results. Upload the letter in both boxes for PCC and explanation letter. As they are faster in processing the applications now, try to wait as much as possible before you submit your application. They most likely give you some time.

I received my FBI check yesterdays, and I will upload it today.
I thank Kucuy15 & Asivad for their advices. Their advices helped me a lot.

aminteger

Jul 13, 2015
Hi All

It's the third time I'm asking this question , I need your kind help!

I'm applying for Express Entry from Canadian Experience class.
filling the profile, it is asking for "Complete/full academic years".
My bachelor's degree was part-time and I finished it in 7 years. the full-time equivalent for my studies is 4 years and WES evaluated my degree as a 4 year bachelor degree, but as it is shown in the transcript, i started in 2000 and finished in 2007.
so what should I put in "Complete/full academic years"? 4 or 7 ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
aminteger said:
Hi All

It's the third time I'm asking this question , I need your kind help!

I'm applying for Express Entry from Canadian Experience class.
filling the profile, it is asking for "Complete/full academic years".
My bachelor's degree was part-time and I finished it in 7 years. the full-time equivalent for my studies is 4 years and WES evaluated my degree as a 4 year bachelor degree, but as it is shown in the transcript, i started in 2000 and finished in 2007.
so what should I put in "Complete/full academic years"? 4 or 7 ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
My Boyfriend was full time and he had 1 year off. So, he finished his bachelor in 5 years.
In EE profile, we entered 5 years for him, although WES was not 5 years.
they accepted.
They only care about WES report. It does not really matter how many years you say. If I were you, I would enter 7, so that they would not think I lied. When you get the ITA, you can explain this in a short explanation letter either. I don't think they really care about that anyway.

aminteger

Jul 13, 2015
shibaak said:
My Boyfriend was full time and he had 1 year off. So, he finished his bachelor in 5 years.
In EE profile, we entered 5 years for him, although WES was not 5 years.
they accepted.
They only care about WES report. It does not really matter how many years you say. If I were you, I would enter 7, so that they would not think I lied. When you get the ITA, you can explain this in a short explanation letter either. I don't think they really care about that anyway.
Thanks Shibaak for your reply.
Do you know since I've finished a bachelor's degree and a postgrad, do I still have to provide information about my high school or not?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aminteger said:
Thanks Shibaak for your reply.
Do you know since I've finished a bachelor's degree and a postgrad, do I still have to provide information about my high school or not?
Just your postgraduate degree would suffice if you have an equivalent ECA. Else add Bachelors as well.

divyamenon

Jul 16, 2015
Hi,

I have a few questions regarding EE process.
1) How many points will get added to the profile based on spouse's IELTS score?(My husband is the primary applicant)
2) Regarding credential evaluation..do we need both the bachelors and masters degrees evaluated or only the highest? And is it the same for the spouse too? How many points would get added in this case?
3) Is it mandatory to get an IELTS score of band 7? What is the minimum?
4) As far as my knowledge goes, we need to create the profile once we have our scores and ECA done right?

And, is there a checklist with all the documents needed to be sent to CIC? ( I mean the experience letters and other stuff..)

Pls share if anyone has got one, would be very helpful.

Thank you!

safe.man

Oct 18, 2015
Greetings everybody.
Quick question, if I may. My occupation is applicable under FS Trades program (under major group 73) and I have an LMIA, so I feel I should apply for EE asap. Question, do I need to put my wife through English language testing and assessing her university diploma, as I feel I might have enough points without her. Can I state that I am married in my application but build my profil only on my points.
Thank you all for your help

AirCanada21

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I want to stick with the regular FSWP without going through PNP, can I do that or am I automatically qualified to PNP? I just want the fastest path at the moment as I calculated my CRS to be 443. Should I wait for the score to go down or apply to OINP? Thanks

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
safe.man said:
Greetings everybody.
Quick question, if I may. My occupation is applicable under FS Trades program (under major group 73) and I have an LMIA, so I feel I should apply for EE asap. Question, do I need to put my wife through English language testing and assessing her university diploma, as I feel I might have enough points without her. Can I state that I am married in my application but build my profil only on my points.
Thank you all for your help
Yes you can.

snip2015

Apr 1, 2015
I have couple of questions:-

I have submitted my expression of interest and waiting for an invite(aren't we all :p)...Anyway my passport will expire in about 6 months so my question is
1. should I renew my passport right away? if yes would it have any impact on my chances of getting an invite in any way at all
2. would it matter that my ielts score sheet will have my old passport details?
3. also I already have a pcc(which mentions my current passport no). If I get a new passport does that make my PCC obselete?

It would be great if someone could help me with these...thanks

jha190

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Question: I am in the pool on 468 points, hoping for ITA next draw. I am on IEC which expires Nov 21st. I was told to submit a open work permit application to gain implied status. Do I need an ITA before I do this? As of this Wednesday it will be 30days left on my Visa, which I was told is the deadline for applying for an open work permit. Could anyone please give me advice? What would you recommend in my position?

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Guys,

Two questions-

1. Do I need to get all my documents notarized before uploading them in the post ITA form? (provided all my original documents were issued in English)

2. Do I need to submit/upload a Tax Return/Tax Certificate at any stage? (I live outside Canada)

Thanks!
Alifur

ss0704

Jan 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Just your postgraduate degree would suffice if you have an equivalent ECA. Else add Bachelors as well.
Hey Asivad/other seniors..

Just received a request for the RPRF fees...BG not yet started...

Wanted to check if being asked for RPRF is a good thing...?? and what are the possibilities after this..??

Hoping for the best... :) wanted to keep you guys updated...Thanks again..!!

Shruti Singh

msabedin

Sep 24, 2015
HI THERE...................please read the following 2 para below pasted from CIC website ...

Arranged employment in Canada: 10 POINTS

If you are currently working in Canada in a job that is exempt from a Labour Market Impact Assessment, but not under an international or federal-provincial agreement. AND An employer has made you a permanent job offer based on you being accepted as a skilled worker. AND The employer has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from ESDC. (Source: CIC website)

Exempt from a Labour Market Impact Assessment:
Academics: researchers, guest lecturers, visiting professors and others.
Co-op students: international students studying in Canada and doing co-op work placements or internships as part of their study program (Source: CIC website)

I am a International graduate student and working as a Research Assistant under my supervisor. I have one year work experience at NOC type skil from my country and willing to apply for PR through FSW pool of Express Entry. I have a job certificate from my supervisor mentioning that I am getting salary as a Research Assistant working 40hours/week (besides my study).

So according to this Research Assistant job, shall I get the 10 points (for Arranged employment in Canada)?[please read first 2 para]

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ss0704 said:
Hey Asivad/other seniors..

Just received a request for the RPRF fees...BG not yet started...

Wanted to check if being asked for RPRF is a good thing...?? and what are the possibilities after this..??

Hoping for the best... :) wanted to keep you guys updated...Thanks again..!!

Shruti Singh
Of course a good sign. This indicates that your PPR is on its way as CIC wouldn't ask you to pay RPRF if they intended on rejecting your application down the line.

All the best!