+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arpita26 said:
Hello there,
Plz anyone help me out as early as possible.
I had applied for FSW 2014 program under NOC 4011 on november 27, but due to cap filled my file returned..
And now i want to apply for express entry 2015, and i have a sponser of Manitoba..
So in EE profile , 100 points would be deducted or not as i had applied earlier for FSW 2014??
Some says YES and some says NO..

Post the answer and further way for processing!!
You've already got the answer - No. Don't keep re-posting.

As for steps to create EE profile, refer to Pg 1 of this very thread.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
arpita26 said:
Hello there,
Plz anyone help me out as early as possible.
I had applied for FSW 2014 program under NOC 4011 on november 27, but due to cap filled my file returned..
And now i want to apply for express entry 2015, and i have a sponser of Manitoba..
So in EE profile , 100 points would be deducted or not as i had applied earlier for FSW 2014??
Some says YES and some says NO..

Post the answer and further way for processing!!
The answer is NO, CIC does not have such a rule.

Ask the person(s) that say yes to provide you with a link from CIC's website stating this rule.

rahusaraf73

Jun 10, 2015
Hi
Is it necessary to evaluate both masters and bachelors degree by WES or only highest qualification is enough.
Please help me on this.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rahusaraf73 said:
Hi
Is it necessary to evaluate both masters and bachelors degree by WES or only highest qualification is enough.
Please help me on this.
The WES site clearly states that if you have a Masters degree, then you have to get your bachelor degree evaluated too.

Thanks,

Raj

Jun 18, 2015
Hello All!

I am at the Express Entry profile creation page and have reached the 'Work History' section. I intend to apply under NOC 2282, most of my recent work experience falls under this code. However, I also have substantial experience under other codes. Here are my concerns:

1. In the occupation section, I've mentioned the NOC code I wish to apply for, and the year when I first began working under that code. I assume this section requires the NOC code under which you intend to apply, right?

2. The later part of this profile page talks about 'Work History'. I understand, here we should enter each and every job (no apprenticeship or trainee jobs) with the relevant NOC codes they fall under, OR should we only enter job experience that falls under the NOC we wish to apply for?

Note - To explain better, I wanted to paste images, but this site doesn't allow me to post links to Imgur or any other link at all.

Thanks,

CitizenMapleRed

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CitizenMapleRed said:
Hello All!

I am at the Express Entry profile creation page and have reached the 'Work History' section. I intend to apply under NOC 2282, most of my recent work experience falls under this code. However, I also have substantial experience under other codes. Here are my concerns:

1. In the occupation section, I've mentioned the NOC code I wish to apply for, and the year when I first began working under that code. I assume this section requires the NOC code under which you intend to apply, right?

Yes. And you should also be eligible to apply under this NOC code in terms of qualifications (if needed) and work experience.

2. The later part of this profile page talks about 'Work History'. I understand, here we should enter each and every job (no apprenticeship or trainee jobs) with the relevant NOC codes they fall under, OR should we only enter job experience that falls under the NOC we wish to apply for?

There are 2 schools of thought here. Some members advocate filling in ONLY relevant jobs which fetch you eligibility points and improve CRS score. Others (including I) are of the opinion that you must input entire work experience details even if it involves NOCs other than the NOC that one has chosen to apply under EE. Your call.

Note - To explain better, I wanted to paste images, but this site doesn't allow me to post links to Imgur or any other link at all.

Thanks,

CitizenMapleRed

Jun 18, 2015
Thanks Asivad Anac!

I was hoping if I could have some more insight over the second part. Do you have any clue on its bearing over the scoring?

The point I am trying to make is, what is the mandatory requirement by the book, do we have any details over this topic anywhere that you might know.

Thanks once again, appreciate it!

CitizenMapleRed

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CitizenMapleRed said:
Thanks Asivad Anac!

I was hoping if I could have some more insight over the second part. Do you have any clue on its bearing over the scoring?

The point I am trying to make is, what is the mandatory requirement by the book, do we have any details over this topic anywhere that you might know.

Thanks once again, appreciate it!

CitizenMapleRed
CIC has 3 ways of looking at work experience.

1. Minimum eligibility criteria for EE http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

At least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the equivalent in continuous paid part-time work experience, in the occupation identified in your PR application as your primary occupation and in NOC 0/A/B.

2. Criteria to score FSW points http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

One can get up to 15 points (on a scale of 100, cutoff being 67/100) for work experience of 6 years or more under 1 NOC code. You'll get lesser points for lesser number of years.

3. Criteris to score CRS points under EE http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

One of the criteria for points allotted under Skills transferability to get maxed out is to have at least 3 years of foreign work experience (outside Canada). This is NOC independent.

In both cases I discussed in my earlier message, there will be no difference in the CRS score as both cases are considering only the eligible work experience while calculating the score. The difference lies in how much information one wants to disclose in work history section - some people prefer doing it while others don't. You don't get penalized for not doing it or rewarded with extra points for doing it. It is eventually a moot point because both sides appear to be correct from their perspectives. Like I said, your call.

All the best!

Nov 18, 2013
Great Work, really Appreciate...
I Have a question how come it is 600 for points for CEC candidates ,
I am holding 1 year experience and Am i going to eligible for CEC express entry . I don't have any Masters in Canada.
Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

moutaouakilhamid

May 25, 2015
itsns said:
Are there enough people here who have reached a close step towards the PR and/or have got it?
If so can we also add an estimated timeline to your post.
An avg timeline for each step.
??
That would really help people.

Gunpowder

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Hi all,

I need you advise.
I have recently graduated from my Masters in Electrical engineering from a university in BC. I have one year of co-op experience in Canada and close to 3 years of lecturer experience back Home. I have got a job as electrical engineering and working in BC.
I understand the BC PNP is closed now and probably will start from July. Will you please advise which process should I go for applying PR? I have given the IELTS and police clearance is under processing.
I shall highly appreciate your help.

After that,

I am already in Canada and as I said above, I am doing a job as electrical engineer. What kind of document shall I need from my Employer?

regards

rahusaraf73

Jun 10, 2015
Hello
Please let me know that we have to attach the form which WES provide with our transcript or just transcript in sealed envelope is enough.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahusaraf73 said:
Hello
Please let me know that we have to attach the form which WES provide with our transcript or just transcript in sealed envelope is enough.
All the best!