+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Eddie_2.0

Jul 29, 2014
DoubleS said:
What is her principal NOC and how much experience did she declare/enter into express entry profile. Also when and where did she gain this experience?
If she is applying under FSW, has she checked to ensure that she scores 67 or more in the "Six selection factors – Federal skilled workers"? Here is a link to check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
Hi DoubleS,

My wife's principle NOC is '0211 - Engineering Managers' and she declared 6+ years of experience. She gained it from 2007 - 2014. She worked in the position until her last days in Germany before she moved to Canada.

We weren't aware of of how we can check her score. We will check it out.

Thanks for your feedback. Any other advise would be greatly appreciated.

Ed

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Eddie_2.0 said:
Hi DoubleS,

My wife's principle NOC is '0211 - Engineering Managers' and she declared 6+ years of experience. She gained it from 2007 - 2014. She worked in the position until her last days in Germany before she moved to Canada.

We weren't aware of of how we can check her score. We will check it out.

Thanks for your feedback. Any other advise would be greatly appreciated.

Ed
She has more than sufficient work experience to qualify. She needs to get an ECA done for her educational qualifications. Did you do the "Six Selection Factors" calculation; did she score 67 or more?
There is also CRS calculator you can use to estimate her CRS score under Express Entry, to get an idea where she will fall based on the scores in the previous draws. Check out these two links:
1. CRS Calculator: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
2. Express Entry Draws: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp -- you can click on "See previous rounds" to see the other invitation rounds results.

Eddie_2.0

Jul 29, 2014
DoubleS said:
She has more than sufficient work experience to qualify. She needs to get an ECA done for her educational qualifications. Did you do the "Six Selection Factors" calculation; did she score 67 or more?
There is also CRS calculator you can use to estimate her CRS score under Express Entry, to get an idea where she will fall based on the scores in the previous draws. Check out these two links:
1. CRS Calculator: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
2. Express Entry Draws: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp -- you can click on "See previous rounds" to see the other invitation rounds results.
She completed the test:
1. Scored 381
2. Number of invitations issued: 1,501
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 482 points

Does this explain why she wasn't eligible? She basically needs to score higher than the lowest score?

I noticed that if she answered "yes" to "Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment?" it adds 600 points. Since she already been offered a job and been working there for 3 months (3 more months until her probation ends) can her employer still get a Labour Market Impact Assessment for the job they offered her?

Also the last question asked if she got a letter of nomination from a Province, I thought that is given after she qualifies for Express Entry. If so, why would they be asking for it?

hasankhandhaka

Jan 1, 2015
Dear Senior Brothers,

I am trying to fill in my Express Entry profile:

I am confused how to describe my education in my profile:

I am from Bangladesh and Completed
Masters : 1 year
Bachelor 4 years
Higher Secondary School Certificate(College):2 years
Secondary School Certificate(High School) :5 years
And primary school 5 years.

My ECA is done and equivalent of Canadian Masters.
When I fill in my profile how should i describe my college 2 and high school 5 years and primary school 5 years?
will it be sufficient just to mention my ECA completed Bachelor and Masters? if not then I have to put Primary education as well or high school duration 10 years.

Any advise would be really appreciate and thanks a lot in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasankhandhaka said:
Dear Senior Brothers,

I am trying to fill in my Express Entry profile:

I am confused how to describe my education in my profile:

I am from Bangladesh and Completed
Masters : 1 year
Bachelor 4 years
Higher Secondary School Certificate(College):2 years
Secondary School Certificate(High School) :5 years
And primary school 5 years.

My ECA is done and equivalent of Canadian Masters.
When I fill in my profile how should i describe my college 2 and high school 5 years and primary school 5 years?
will it be sufficient just to mention my ECA completed Bachelor and Masters? if not then I have to put Primary education as well or high school duration 10 years.

Any advise would be really appreciate and thanks a lot in advance.
Simply mention Bachelors and Masters.

All the best!

sheoran87

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hello everyone
i have created my EE profile and an email received showing my EE profile number but i did not get my Job bank number.Moreover it is showing minimum requirement Met and i got 336 points but it is also showing additional criteria pending?what is that mean?Does my profile complete?why it is not showing job activation code?

thanx

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Eddie_2.0 said:
She completed the test:
1. Scored 381
2. Number of invitations issued: 1,501
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 482 points

Does this explain why she wasn't eligible? She basically needs to score higher than the lowest score?
No, this is not the reason she wasn't eligible, as she is not yet in the Express Entry Pool, she was not eligible for consideration. She is ineligible because she is currently not qualified under neither CEC(less than 1 year skilled Canadian Experience) or FSW(No ECA done). If she wants to be eligible right now under FSW, she must:
1. Get an ECA done
2. Create an Express Entry profile
3. Register with the job bank (this is a requirement because she does not have a job offer supported by LMIA)

Ps. If she wants to apply under CEC, she must wait 9 more months in order to attain the required 1 year skilled Canadian work experience.

I noticed that if she answered "yes" to "Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment?" it adds 600 points. Since she already been offered a job and been working there for 3 months (3 more months until her probation ends) can her employer still get a Labour Market Impact Assessment for the job they offered her? Yes, her employer can still apply for an LMIA for her, however, some employers are not very will to go through this procedure, but there is no harm in her asking them. If approved she will be given the 600 extra CRS points, therefore guaranteeing her an ITA in any upcoming draw because her CRS would be 981.

Also the last question asked if she got a letter of nomination from a Province, I thought that is given after she qualifies for Express Entry. If so, why would they be asking for it? There is a difference between being in the Express Entry pool and getting an ITA from CIC. For example, I entered the Express Entry pool in January with a score of 545, I did not receive an ITA until the March 20th draw. So applicants like myself (back in January) and your wife even after entry into the express entry pool would be interested in securing a provincial nomination, because the extra 600 points would guarantee us an ITA way sooner. Some persons also get a provincial nomination before entering the express entry pool, and are therefore guaranteed receiving an ITA in the very next draw after creating their Express Entry profile.

Sorry if my response is too lengthy. Based on her current estimated CRS score (I am assuming including her masters) she needs to try and improve it. She needs to be at least over or very close to the 450 mark to have any immediate chance of being given a ITA by CIC. One way she can get approximately 62 more CRS points is retake the CELPIP and score 10 or higher in all 4 categories. On the first page of this thread, you should go through and read all the links in YamPower's post.

GOOD LUCK!!

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
sheoran87 said:
Hello everyone
i have created my EE profile and an email received showing my EE profile number but i did not get my Job bank number.Moreover it is showing minimum requirement Met and i got 336 points but it is also showing additional criteria pending?what is that mean?Does my profile complete?why it is not showing job activation code?

It maybe the Version of Acrobat Reader you are using. I had this same problem, when I was viewing the document on my IPAD. Try viewing the email on a desktop. The pending criteria is because you have not registered with the job bank as yet.

thanx

siwo

Jun 21, 2015
Hey everyone!

I have a few questions and I hope someone can help :).

1. First question: I just submitted my EE and my overall score is 418, which is a bit low as I checked on CIC, and the lowest score that got the ITA was 482 :(. I'm not sure how else can I improve my score, below is my info and I hope someone can pinpoint where I can improve!

IELTS: band score of 8.0.
Education: completed highschool and bachelor degree in Toronto with IT as a major.
NOC: 2171
Experience: 1 year 2 months full time in Toronto. (I worked as a server as well but it was part time, so I guess I can't put that on my application?)

2. Second question: since my job does not require a LMIA and I do not have a PNP, I lost the 600 scores and CIC asked me to register with Job Bank. My question is, since I have already been working at a bank for over a year (FT) and have an actual employment letter, should I attempt to ask them for a LMIA? I assume they might not do it, but I guess it's worth a shot..

Thank you so much for the help!

Vinzy

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (Processing) / ADVO (PP Sub)
NOC Code......
2281/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Nomination.....
25-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-3-2016
IELTS Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-6-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Any provincial nomination program (but for OO) that works without a job offer?

Eddie_2.0

Jul 29, 2014
DoubleS,

Your answers are not lengthy at all, they are perfect and I have a much better understanding of the process because of them. Thank you soooo much for taking your time to answering my questions. You have been by far more helpful than the CIC. I will take your advice and do the extra steps to get my wife's score higher.

You mentioned that some people get nominated before entering the pool. Do you know how that can be done? Also, if she applies again for the Express Entry pool does she answer "yes" to the question if she applied for immigration before? I would think not since she was not eligible in the first attempt.

Ed

roshnee

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
My bro has analysis that he can get around 300 pt in pool ranking i just want to kn is it ok for him to apply aur he may need more score?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
roshnee said:
My bro has analysis that he can get around 300 pt in pool ranking i just want to kn is it ok for him to apply aur he may need more score?
I'm sorry to say this but 300 CRS is way too less considering the past draws and there won't be draws that issue ITAs for 300 CRS anytime in the near future.

Please use the tool in the link bellow to calculate CRS scores. Manual calculations are prone to errors.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

He can increase his score by getting a better IELTS score. If he is married, IELTS score and ECA of his spouse could boost his score.

Hope this helped!

Thanks,

Raj