+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hi,

I have done my 3 yr graduation from India and got my ECA last week. I have also done 2 yr PG diploma from Toronto. Now technically I have 2 or more education degree one >= 3 yrs. While selecting options for each I chose 3 yr and 2 yr and system awarded me with 120 points. Please help me, for which education should I select 2 or more degree?

Please anyone who faced this issue assist me with my query.

Regards.

reborncs1

May 5, 2015
Where do I add spouse information in Express Entry profile? I'm having trouble finding where in the Express Entry system I enter my spouse information for education, experience, etc? Can someone tell me where I can enter this information? I don't recall any questions asking me this information. Help please! I tried looking anywhere and can't find it.

Please help! :'(

Livi

May 5, 2015
I understand the step by step instruction but what I dont know is how long after I submit my EE profile I will see the points.

I submitted the profile less than 24 hours and the only thing I see is ineligible.

Please assist me

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Livi said:
I understand the step by step instruction but what I dont know is how long after I submit my EE profile I will see the points.

I submitted the profile less than 24 hours and the only thing I see is ineligible.

Please assist me
If you're not eligible, then I'm not sure that they will bother to tell you the points.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
kakmam said:
Hi,

At what stage CIC will ask for my passport and how many days after filing my applications.

My IELTS is scheduled on 9th May and after that I am planning to correct some particulars in my passport in month of Jun and that will take atleast 2-3 months.
I am afraid if CIC will ask for my paspsort during this time, then it will be diffciult...
Please suggest when CIC wil ask passport if I will apply for PR in frst week of June

thanks
Why wait until June to start the correction in the passport? You should get back your IELTS results by May 23. Do you need the passport to collect your results (I know you need it for the test day). Are you in Canada? I've seen a few cases where people get PPR after about 2 months but those persons were in Canada, not outside.

Saad1985

Nov 22, 2014
Hi everyone,

Most of my documents are complete and uploaded for ITA. I have 15 days remaining and I am still confused about source of funds.

My wife is primary application and we need to show approx CAD $14000. What are the best ways of showing proof of funds? We only have CAS $6700 in her account. I transfered that into her account in March when I received bonus from my company. My parents are ready to send me remaining cash to cover up to $14k. But on the online form they have asked for six month balance to be shown. If I attached 6 month old bank statements for my wife, it wont have 14k but around 2-3 each month till I got my bonus in March and the money my parents will send me this week. Will this create a problem in the application? Are there any better solutions?

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
Saad1985 said:
Hi everyone,

Most of my documents are complete and uploaded for ITA. I have 15 days remaining and I am still confused about source of funds.

My wife is primary application and we need to show approx CAD $14000. What are the best ways of showing proof of funds? We only have CAS $6700 in her account. I transfered that into her account in March when I received bonus from my company. My parents are ready to send me remaining cash to cover up to $14k. But on the online form they have asked for six month balance to be shown. If I attached 6 month old bank statements for my wife, it wont have 14k but around 2-3 each month till I got my bonus in March and the money my parents will send me this week. Will this create a problem in the application? Are there any better solutions?
there is no requirement to show full 14k$ for last 6 months. You have to show the account activities for past 6 months and the available account balance at the time of filing PR application. Only condition is that you have to prove that the money is not borrowed from some one else. May be you can use your pay slips or bonus document for this purpose.

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hi,

I have done my 3 yr graduation from India and got my ECA last week showing 3 yrs of Canadian degree equivalence. I have also done 2 yr PG diploma from Toronto. Now technically I have 2 or more education degree one >= 3 yrs. While selecting options for each education I chose 3 yr and 2 yr and system awarded me with 120 points. Please help me, for which education should I select 2 or more degree?

Please anyone who faced this issue assist me with my query asap.

Regards.

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
My spouse's parents are in cananda so when asked if you have any close relatives in canada should i answer yes or no? There is no option to select in-laws as relatives so what should i do? Do her parents count as my parents in ee profile?

Atrr

May 5, 2015
Hi,
i submitted my ee profile and it was found ineligible. I am eligible but i forgot to put the info for ECA. i have one question, what should i write under the information that if i have applied for ee before..(YES or No)
thanks, help would be much appreciated.

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
YamPower said:
Why wait until June to start the correction in the passport? You should get back your IELTS results by May 23. Do you need the passport to collect your results (I know you need it for the test day). Are you in Canada? I've seen a few cases where people get PPR after about 2 months but those persons were in Canada, not outside.
Thanks Yampower.
I have been applying for the correction in passport in June because I m living at some other place and my passport is at different place. So I need to take atleast 6 days leave and that I will be taking in June .

what is approx time for PPR after applying PR, any idea

Atrr

May 5, 2015
Hi,
i submitted my EE profile recently for the first time and it was found ineligible. I am eligible as i have got all the requirements covered but i forgot to put the info for ECA and now i can't make any changes in the profile submitted. I have one question, I am creating a new account for GCkey to apply again what should i write under the information that if i have applied for ee before.(YES or No?)

Thanks, your help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have 411 points right now.

I just received my ECA report today.

I have 1 year post grad from Canada and 4 years bachelors from India which is equivalent to 4 years Canadian bachelors degree according to ECA report.

So now I just entered my ECA file number and WES details in my current study info in my EE profile but still score remains same.

So anyone who can help me in updating my score.
Please share your idea. Should I remove that profile and create new EE profile?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now I got my updated profile with 441 score. But it should be 461.

I have 2 degrees. So I made 2 entries in EE profile for education.

One for bachelor's degree WES evaluated and one for 1 year post graduation certificate in Canada.

So I can't select that option 2 or more degrees one being more than 3 years from University or trade school ?

As I am showing two separate entry, I am selecting bachelor's for bachelors and 1 year post grad for 1 year certificate in individual tab. So is there anyway I can select that option 2 or more degrees one being more than 3 years from University or trade school ?

Gbasaran

May 7, 2015
Hi guys i am sorry if i am posting my question under wrong tread.
I have a question. I graduated from canadian university and working as a sales manager since then. I applied for express entry through a consultant and she did everything for me. My point is 387 and my open work permit will expire in june 5th 2015. According to her when my visa expired i will not be eligible under CEC so i lost my chance. How is it possible because experience is something that you cannot lost during the time ? I thought if i leave the country And wait till it comes to my point than come back with my new visa. Is it possibel or she is right? I couldn't find any info about this and i really appreciate if you guys share your thoughts.

Thanks