+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

gurubhai

Feb 13, 2015
HI,

I have two education , but didn`t get points for Two or more secondary education as per CRS structure. I have following degrees , Please let me know am I eligible for " Two or more secondary education " category or not ?

1) Bachelor in India (WES evaluation done)
2)Diploma in Canada

Thanks in advance

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gurubhai said:
HI,

I have two education , but didn`t get points for Two or more secondary education as per CRS structure. I have following degrees , Please let me know am I eligible for " Two or more secondary education " category or not ?

1) Bachelor in India (WES evaluation done)
2)Diploma in Canada

Thanks in advance

I have same issue @gurubhai.

I have bachelor of engg from india so I selected bachelor of engg in level of education according to ECA report
and I have post grad from Canada so I selected 1 unv course or trade school or certificate

So it should give me more points as per 2 or more degrees.. But it is not counting in that way... So what to do? Anyone who filled as 2 or more degrees please answer...

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gbasaran said:
Hi guys i am sorry if i am posting my question under wrong tread.
I have a question. I graduated from canadian university and working as a sales manager since then. I applied for express entry through a consultant and she did everything for me. My point is 387 and my open work permit will expire in june 5th 2015. According to her when my visa expired i will not be eligible under CEC so i lost my chance. How is it possible because experience is something that you cannot lost during the time ? I thought if i leave the country And wait till it comes to my point than come back with my new visa. Is it possibel or she is right? I couldn't find any info about this and i really appreciate if you guys share your thoughts.

Thanks
Hi,

You can apply as CEC even if you leave Canada....
Also you can remain here on temporary visitor visa status for the time....

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
Is it compulsory to create profile on Job Bank after creating Express Entry Profile. I do have a job in Canada, i have been working with the same company for 2 years now. When i created profile on Express Entry they replied back saying YOU DO QUALIFY FOR EXPRESS ENTRY AND ARE IN POOL NOW. ALSO, YOU MENTIONED IN YOUR PROFILE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE JOB OFFER OR PROVINCIAL AND TERRITORIAL NOMINATION, CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON JOB BANK TO MAKE YOUR PROFILE ACTIVE

At the end of the email it says
You must get confirmation of your nomination, register for Job Bank, or update your profile with a valid job offer within 30 days. If you do not, your Express Entry profile will expire and you will not be considered for permanent residence in Canad

So i created profile at Job Bank. I don't understand exactly what they mean, does this means they think i don't have a job and should apply to one at job bank and obtain a job offer within 30 days or should i disregard this message as i already have a job.

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
sheen said:
Is it compulsory to create profile on Job Bank after creating Express Entry Profile. I do have a job in Canada, i have been working with the same company for 2 years now. When i created profile on Express Entry they replied back saying YOU DO QUALIFY FOR EXPRESS ENTRY AND ARE IN POOL NOW. ALSO, YOU MENTIONED IN YOUR PROFILE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE JOB OFFER OR PROVINCIAL AND TERRITORIAL NOMINATION, CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON JOB BANK TO MAKE YOUR PROFILE ACTIVE

At the end of the email it says
You must get confirmation of your nomination, register for Job Bank, or update your profile with a valid job offer within 30 days. If you do not, your Express Entry profile will expire and you will not be considered for permanent residence in Canad

So i created profile at Job Bank. I don't understand exactly what they mean, does this means they think i don't have a job and should apply to one at job bank and obtain a job offer within 30 days or should i disregard this message as i already have a job.

Just register in job bank with your express entry profile number. After that only your profile will become active and you enter express entry pool.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a easy question for all,

When you do get the Express Entry visa what is the next stage?

Is it a 5 year Permanent residence? Does it last forever?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jamesdavid3 said:
I have a easy question for all,

When you do get the Express Entry visa what is the next stage?

Is it a 5 year Permanent residence? Does it last forever?
There's no such thing as 5 year permanent residency. The PR card itself has a validity of 5 years - but this is not the same as your PR status. The PR status is indefinite provided you meet the residency requirement to keep your status.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
There's no such thing as 5 year permanent residency. The PR card itself has a validity of 5 years - but this is not the same as your PR status. The PR status is indefinite provided you meet the residency requirement to keep your status.
Thanks, so most people applying for this and who are accepted are most likely going to stay on and live here..

You don't have to re-new and apply for EE again after 5 years or anything do you?

How long is the current processing times for EE? From applying to receiving the PR card?

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
Hi Guys, I have submitted my profile yesterday but did not mention my first foreign work experience as I wont be able to collect the reference letter. is it okay? or it will be considered as misrepresentation? Even if i mention, that wont increase my points as it was from a different NOC. What do you suggest?

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asking questions on behalf of a friend....please ignore my profile details on left side.

We are trying to create her EE profile but have a few doubts and not sure what to answer:

1. Date XYZ first became qualified to practice in this occupation?
details:
  • worked in occupation (noc 2282) for 11 months in india in 2010-2011
  • completed masters in canada in Dec 2013
  • started working in canada in same occupation (noc 2282) in March 2014
  • degree awarded in june 2014

2. Has XYZ applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before?
details:
  • currently working on post grad work permit, never applied for PR before

3. Education History - Complete/Full Academic Years
details:
  • Completed Masters of Engineering in Canada in 5 full time terms
  • As per admission offer letter, 1 year = 3 terms
Should we enter 1 year?

4. Education History
details:
  • Entered information of canadian masters degree
  • WES currently reviewing indian bachelors & masters degrees
Should we submit the profile with canadian education details and is it possible to update education details later once we have a response from WES?

5. Official Languages - Date of test results
details:
  • English - CELPIP
  • Online score became available on May 6
  • Waiting for official score card
Should we wait until we have official score card or enter May 6, can it be changed later?

6. Does XYZ have a job offer in Canada?
details:
  • Working on PGWP in NOC 2282, no LMIA obtained
Should we say answer 'no' here or select 'yes' and say 'no' to LMIA?

Thank you for your time and thoughts.

mojo

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24th
Nomination.....
March27th
AOR Received.
April 25th
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
Hello Everyone ,
This is my time line :
ITA received March 27th ( FSW Program - I am working in canada for 10 months )
Medical Done March 30
Application Submitted April 23rd
AOR received April 23rd

- No updates

I have one worry ,
I have finished a Master Degree from Canada , my program officially is 2 years ( 4 semesters ) but I have finished in 3 full time semesters.

I have one worry which is in the EE profile they ask you if you have studied for two years , I replied yes because my program is a 2 years program.

In addition, when they ask you to enter the details of your education I wan't able to enter 1.5 as the duration of my studies.

Is anyone passing the same situation ? Does anyone know if this might be considered as a misrepresentation ?
Note: I was Invited to apply to FSWP so I didn't receive any points for the duration of the Master degree, I was awarded points for the degree it self.

Thanks for the help.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
gibinv said:
Just register in job bank with your express entry profile number. After that only your profile will become active and you enter express entry pool.
Hey,

Thank you so much for your reply. I already created profile on job bank and its active. I am more concerned about this sentence :

You must get confirmation of your nomination, register for Job Bank, or update your profile with a valid job offer within 30 days. If you do not, your Express Entry profile will expire and you will not be considered for permanent residence in Canada

when it says update your profile with a valid job offer within 30 days, does it mean i have to find a job through job bank and apply for it even though i already have a job in Canada

ARN

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-08-2015
Hello all

If passport expiry is In November, and I'm waiting for an ITA, should I get it renewed or is it okay?

Abhra

May 9, 2015
Hello All,

Thanks for creating this forum. This is really helpful stuff.I am currently residing in India.

Need some help from you guys regarding the Express entry program.I have checked my eligibility with CIC Portal As well as with some indian consultants. Where except the job offer part,remaining parts are good enough for me.Has an Ielts CLB Level 8, My NOC code is 2171- Information System analyst, Aligned with my Job role in India...having 4 years work experience as a IT delivery manager as well.

I am having 2 questions here-

1. Firstly how much possibility do I have to get a call from Canadian employer while sitting in India for a system analyst profile?
2. Secondly how much reliable the indian consultants are who are charging 70-80 K INR in avg for the consultancy but obviously no guarantee for Job? Which are the reliable ways of searching a job in canada from India & is it at all happening ( except registering in Job bank )? What is the point of view of canadian recruiters? Whom they prefer more..?

Thanks for providing your valuable time.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Thanks, so most people applying for this and who are accepted are most likely going to stay on and live here..

You don't have to re-new and apply for EE again after 5 years or anything do you?

How long is the current processing times for EE? From applying to receiving the PR card?
No need to re-apply for EE after 5 years. You would be a PERMANENT resident.

CIC says they will process 80% of applications in 6 months or less. Some people have gotten processed in 2 months while others have very little movement.

The PR card takes about 6 weeks after you land and apply for the card.