+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Han said:
If that is the case why CIC assessment says I am eligible and takes me to the page to create EE profile? I know it is not only my issue. Many candidates have experienced it. So please stop saying I don't have enough points! Even based on FSW old system I have 71 points which is more than minimum (67).
Guys, is there anyone who knows what could cause this ineligibility? How do you enter the complete/full academic years?
I have recently renewed my passport so I have two passports now, I should enter both of them, right?
up tp you, but have you ever tried re-taking the eligibility test and make your score higher in IELTS to see of im wrong? try putting 8, 7,7, 7 and see what happens.

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
YamPower said:
1. After you get ITA

2. Try not to leave gaps in your work history. There could be questions if it looks like you left stuff out.
makes sense when putting it in my Express entry profile.

What about the work history in the job bank profile? Should I put all of them too, even if only 2 (noc codes) of them are relevant to my job application and the rest aren't?

i have worked in 8 different companies for the last 10 years with about 5 noc codes. only 2 noc codes are relevant.

hanaa83

Feb 6, 2015
Theo123 said:
up tp you, but have you ever tried re-taking the eligibility test and make your score higher in IELTS to see of im wrong? try putting 8, 7,7, 7 and see what happens.
That is not the case as many people with higher ielts scores face the same issue as me! You can do a search and see.
Guys, anyone knows what I might be doing wrong??

lakhwindr

Sep 18, 2014
Hello Everyone

Confused with the passport name I need to mention on EE form. Mostly Passport Name in INDIA is like Last Name:- <Blank>, and First Name :- <Full Name>. So is my and friend of mine's case as well. Last Name is left blank, and first name contains the "Lakhwinder Singh". Until now, I have kept the form with my last name as "SINGH" in EE application form, and First Name as "LAKHWINDER". But, the form says, fill in the name EXACTLY as mentioned in the passport, and then application form doesn't accept blanks. Cry Should I mention "Not Applicable" in the last name, or I keep it as it is with "Singh" last name?

Please help.

Thanks
Lucky

hanaa83

Feb 6, 2015
lakhwindr said:
Hello Everyone

Confused with the passport name I need to mention on EE form. Mostly Passport Name in INDIA is like Last Name:- <Blank>, and First Name :- <Full Name>. So is my and friend of mine's case as well. Last Name is left blank, and first name contains the "Lakhwinder Singh". Until now, I have kept the form with my last name as "SINGH" in EE application form, and First Name as "LAKHWINDER". But, the form says, fill in the name EXACTLY as mentioned in the passport, and then application form doesn't accept blanks. Cry Should I mention "Not Applicable" in the last name, or I keep it as it is with "Singh" last name?

Please help.

Thanks
Lucky
"exactly" means "dont change the spell"!
Your last name is Singh! Enter it in EE!

mshaheryarr

Mar 26, 2015
Hi i have created and activated my express entry profile in Feb 2015. Since the profile is active; i have twice received notification from CIC website via email that "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information."

When i log in to my CIC profile there is no change in my status or points or anything

Please guide me if that is a system glitch or what?

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mshaheryarr said:
Hi i have created and activated my express entry profile in Feb 2015. Since the profile is active; i have twice received notification from CIC website via email that "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information."

When i log in to my CIC profile there is no change in my status or points or anything

Many applicants have received this email.No worries!

Nov 10, 2014
Seniors,
please guide me...
1. about WES... do i have to verify my all education degrees (like Matric, Inter and bachelor) from WES, or only Master degree???
2. And i am doing irrelevant job (Environment Health and safety supervisor) according to my Master Degree Finance... no matter for it.. or is it compulsory to do job according to our Education?

Regards
Abdul Rehman

JXS1981

Oct 31, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Currently I have 453 points but my IELTS score is valid till 15th May.

Suppose I get ITA before 15th May, will my points be valid till the end of the process.

eecanada

Mar 25, 2015
mshaheryarr said:

Hi everyone,

I have also received such notification once...

I have a question, while applying I did show my experience which was all correct but for 2 years I was working with a company only on intensive basis (part time as I had to take care of my little baby at home) I joined that very company on full time basis last year April. Now, when I will apply for PR, will there be a question that I was not getting paid for my job every month until April? I do have a letter from my employer. What all background verifications will be there. I am at 330, what are the chances this year?

star2

Mar 23, 2015
Dear all!

I need your advice on following point...Is it compulsory to have the spouse's ECA for skilled immigrant (Express Entry)? and if not done how many point we loose?

Thanx

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
I have a question, can we also update or edit our profile in EE later on if we submit it once?

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
JXS1981 said:
Hello Everyone,

Currently I have 453 points but my IELTS score is valid till 15th May.

Suppose I get ITA before 15th May, will my points be valid till the end of the process.

"Note: Your test results must be valid when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

So you have to make sure you complete the PR application by the time the IELTS expires. To ensure that this is possible, make sure ALL your documents are ready for ITA. It might be a good idea to schedule the medical exam now. Get all your job letters, police certificates and everything else ready.

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
can anyone answer this please before i activate my job profile. my head is exploding thinking what im gonna do with it.

Theo123 said:
YamPower said:
1. After you get ITA

2. Try not to leave gaps in your work history. There could be questions if it looks like you left stuff out.
makes sense when putting it in my Express entry profile.

What about the work history in the job bank profile? Should I put all of them too, even if only 2 (noc codes) of them are relevant to my job application and the rest aren't?

i have worked in 8 different companies for the last 10 years with about 5 noc codes. only 2 noc codes are relevant.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Date of birth : 08-09-83
Marital Status. Single
Family members: 1
Funds: CAD$12000
No relatives in Canada
EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree: 4 years (assestment by WES) (in my country)
Master's degree:2 years (assestment by WES) (in my country)
PhD in Canada- Not completed yet (I have completed two years)

LANGUAGES:
IELTS GENERAL TEST July 2014
Speaking 6
Reading 6.5
Listening 7.5
Writing 7
Overall:7

WORK HISTORY:
Occupation: Electronics Engineer NOC 2133 (My bachelors degree is in Electronics)
No job offer in Canada
WORK EXPERIENCE:
2011/7 - 2012-8 NOC 2133 (foreign experience)
2007/7 - 2008/9 NOC 2133 (foreign experience)

Why do I get ineligiblity? Please help me. Any thoughts?
Apparently it isn't just me. It has happened to other people too.
I appreciate your help. And please don't tell me to double check! I have created 6 profiles so far and all of them are ineligible! The come to canada test says I am eligible and I am 100% sure I can apply for EE!!