+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Clear155 said:
Hi

Once you have opened an express entry account, can you update your profile at anytime to increase your score? Or do you only get one shot?
Of course you can.

Dr Reem

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
I want to ask you what is the procedure of rechecking your application once u have submitted the EE profile. I am just having doubts and want to check if i had submitted everything correctly. What is the procedure for it

sudheer_21k

Mar 23, 2015
Hi Friends

I need help in Points calculations as i am getting confused on Indian Experience points please clarify

Education -112
IELTS - 70
Spouse Edu- 9
Indian Work Exp - How much do i score for 12 Yrs Exp (pls help me here with my points)
Overall Points: 266(Without Exp & 75 Points for age)

Thanks
Sudheer

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sudheer_21k said:
Hi Friends

I need help in Points calculations as i am getting confused on Indian Experience points please clarify

Education -112
IELTS - 70
Spouse Edu- 9
Indian Work Exp - How much do i score for 12 Yrs Exp (pls help me here with my points)
Overall Points: 266(Without Exp & 75 Points for age)

Thanks
Sudheer
Try this link,it will give you an accurate answer:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

sudheer_21k

Mar 23, 2015
Thanks Zed i tried in the link should i use Foreign work exp for India Exp if so i am getting the score as 308 pls let me know if i am doing any thing wrong

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
sudheer_21k said:
Thanks Zed i tried in the link should i use Foreign work exp for India Exp if so i am getting the score as 308 pls let me know if i am doing any thing wrong
It probably feels odd to say your experience "at home" is foreign work, but anything outside Canada is what they are looking for as "foreign".

vishal shrestha

Apr 18, 2014
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
It probably feels odd to say your experience "at home" is foreign work, but anything outside Canada is what they are looking for as "foreign".
So my work experience gained in my home country too will be regarded as foreign work experience??

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishal shrestha said:
So my work experience gained in my home country too will be regarded as foreign work experience??
Any work experience outside Canada means foreign experience.

mb1122

Mar 24, 2015
Hi thank u so much for the detailed write up.
I just hv one question. My husband has taken the ielts, has procured his transcripts and is now about to get the eca done.
On eca we r not sure which docs r required. E.g if he is an engg does he only need to produce his engg transcripts or 10th and 12th transcripts too?
Secondly shud we create our express entry profile only after the eca??

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mb1122 said:
Hi thank u so much for the detailed write up.
I just hv one question. My husband has taken the ielts, has procured his transcripts and is now about to get the eca done.
On eca we r not sure which docs r required. E.g if he is an engg does he only need to produce his engg transcripts or 10th and 12th transcripts too? No need to send secondary transcripts,just bachelor,Master etc.
Secondly shud we create our express entry profile only after the eca?? If he graduated from a university outside the Canada then Yes!
and if you've chosen WES for evaluation,please check the link below to make sure about the documents requirements because it depends on the country of graduation:
http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/index.asp

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
any good person have an idea about my questions???

1. I`m handwriting expert, i work in this field for five years.
When I search NOC, the code is 2211 - Chemical technologists and technicians, but I don`t have chemical degree, i have degree in social study (my master`s degree is not finish yet).
My question is can I choose this code - because that is what I work, but I`m confused about the chemical degree.

2. What about processing time for the LMIA for the EE process only. As I read there is an option to obtain LMIA to support the applicant in the EE process only. It is fee free and the processing time is 10 days. Any info on that?

Thanks in advance.

allly081

Jan 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
I really need some help. I created my profile and submitted details for bachelor in finance and acca which is considered a first degree. Based on my previous scoring on cic crs tool, I would have gotten 119 for 2 or more degrees but I only got 112. As per one degree. What do I do? Can I query this?

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Please help me, while I'm trying to determine eligibility, the first steps asking me to select the province. Should I select the province I'm in right now or any province. Dear experts please clarify this question.
Thanking in advance.

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Hi Yampower. Just would like to ask:

1. At what stage in the processes below does 'travel history' and 'personal history' comes in the picture? Or is there no need for that anymore in EE?

2. In work history, I only put in the companies and jobs that are relevant to the NOC codes I am applying in. Do I have to put EVERYTHING in the work history of my EE profile (also means that I would have to ask COE for all the 7 companies I worked in for the last 8 years) or not putting it in counts as misrepresentation?

YamPower said:
It's all on the CIC site:

But...

(Please note that this info does not apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program)

1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz

2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here -->

3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here -->

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. h and register for the Job Bank

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here -->

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds

c) check out what is required for the police certificates

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. \

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
[quote author=Theo123]
Hi Yampower. Just would like to ask:

1. At what stage in the processes below does 'travel history' and 'personal history' comes in the picture? Or is there no need for that anymore in EE?

2. In work history, I only put in the companies and jobs that are relevant to the NOC codes I am applying in. Do I have to put EVERYTHING in the work history of my EE profile (also means that I would have to ask COE for all the 7 companies I worked in for the last 8 years) or not putting it in counts as misrepresentation?

[/quote]

1. After you get ITA

2. Try not to leave gaps in your work history. There could be questions if it looks like you left stuff out.