+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Barkha

Jul 6, 2017
Hi Friends,

I am planning to give IELTS on the 29th of June but am speculative of my score coming good, my husband had appeared for ielts in December last year and had scored L-8,S-8.5,R-7,W-7 and has hi WES evaluation in hand as well, however he has crossed the age of 30 and is insisting that i become the primary applicant.

If he becomes the primary applicant and the IELTS and his score expires in December before receiving or after receiving an invite to apply will that be a point of concern for us would he have to retake the test and update his profile.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I am planning to give IELTS on the 29th of June but am speculative of my score coming good, my husband had appeared for ielts in December last year and had scored L-8,S-8.5,R-7,W-7 and has hi WES evaluation in hand as well, however he has crossed the age of 30 and is insisting that i become the primary applicant.

If he becomes the primary applicant and the IELTS and his score expires in December before receiving or after receiving an invite to apply will that be a point of concern for us would he have to retake the test and update his profile.
first point - IELTS is valid for 2 years not 1, so if your husband wrote ielts in dec 2016 it will be valid till dec 2018

2nd point - IELTS score freezes after you submit your application for PR and pay PR fees. so if IELTS expires after that, then its still OK.

3rd point - you can use the CRS calculator to check what is your score... choose your husband as primary applicant, see the score... then choose yourself as primary and see the score... based on that you can decide who should be primary applicant. link is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

if you ask me your husband has CLB9 in all modules already so i think its good enough if he is primary aplicant even though he has crossed 30, but better if you write IELTS and get ECA assessed to get extra points...

Reactions: Barkha

Barkha

Jul 6, 2017
first point - IELTS is valid for 2 years not 1, so if your husband wrote ielts in dec 2016 it will be valid till dec 2018

2nd point - IELTS score freezes after you submit your application for PR and pay PR fees. so if IELTS expires after that, then its still OK.

3rd point - you can use the CRS calculator to check what is your score... choose your husband as primary applicant, see the score... then choose yourself as primary and see the score... based on that you can decide who should be primary applicant. link is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

if you ask me your husband has CLB9 in all modules already so i think its good enough if he is primary aplicant even though he has crossed 30, but better if you write IELTS and get ECA assessed to get extra points...
Thank you

legend_dream

May 28, 2013
Hi Guys,

I got my invitation under CEC this July.

I was international student and I have worked 1 year after graduation.

While uploading my documents they asked for offer of employment and letter of employment would you please tell me what is the difference between them because both looks the same for me.

mrzbd

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Hi Tanaka,

Need ur suggestion on job experience doc. I have prepared a job experience doc wherein i tried to match my duties as much as possible with the job details of my NOC. Problem is i just put 7/8 points in total. I saw people put lots of details in their duties section. they put like 15+ points. I am a bit confused whether i made a mistake of not making it big enough..i managed to complete all the details of job experience doc in 2pages.Do u think it is too short?I can still add some duties here and take my supervisor's signature, if required.

Please suggest what to do?

Regards

mrzbd

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Tanaka,

Need ur suggestion on job experience doc. I have prepared a job experience doc wherein i tried to match my duties as much as possible with the job details of my NOC. Problem is i just put 7/8 points in total. I saw people put lots of details in their duties section. they put like 15+ points. I am a bit confused whether i made a mistake of not making it big enough..i managed to complete all the details of job experience doc in 2pages.Do u think it is too short?I can still add some duties here and take my supervisor's signature, if required.

Please suggest what to do?

Regards

mrzbd
7/8 sounds fine.. Aslong as all the main ones are listed. The idea is just to make sure you convince the officer that you have selected the correct NOC.

All the best.

Reactions: mrzbd

parihar88

Jul 19, 2017
Hi , I had received a rejection for my Canada PR file last month because I had shared India PCC from local police station in Punjab(India) and had not shared from other state(Haryana, India) where I was working.

Now, I have again received the invitation to apply and this time I'm claiming additional 15 points for my brother who is a PR in Canada. Can someone please suggest what all documents I need to submit as a proof of relationship?

There is one issue that in my passport my parents name doesn't include surname but in my brothers passport the surname is included in parents name .How can I make sure that this doesn't affect my case ?

Please provide your valuable suggestions

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , I had received a rejection for my Canada PR file last month because I had shared India PCC from local police station in Punjab(India) and had not shared from other state(Haryana, India) where I was working.

Now, I have again received the invitation to apply and this time I'm claiming additional 15 points for my brother who is a PR in Canada. Can someone please suggest what all documents I need to submit as a proof of relationship?

There is one issue that in my passport my parents name doesn't include surname but in my brothers passport the surname is included in parents name .How can I make sure that this doesn't affect my case ?

Please provide your valuable suggestions

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep
sorry to hear that

for PCC make sure you get it from Passport office, that will cover for entire country

to prove relationship, you can use passport copies for both, along with your parents passport copies, and also birth certificates or 10th memos if available...
brother/sister is not that difficult to prove - but aunt/uncle is a tad tricky

good luck

ulltimate

Jul 19, 2017
I have a degree in Electronics Engineering and an Oracle certification as a database admin.

Pls I want to know if an Oracle Certification from Oracle university can be used as a second degree/certificate considering this "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"

Having two degrees/certificates will give the needed point.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a degree in Electronics Engineering and an Oracle certification as a database admin.

Pls I want to know if an Oracle Certification from Oracle university can be used as a second degree/certificate considering this "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"

of course not

academic degree and a professional certification are completely different things

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17

Hi,

Try the WES tool it might give you your answer: http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

All the best

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
I want to create my id on cic for express entry..could anybody tell step by step instructions, how to fill the login without help of any agent!!

Thnks in advance.

torontian

Apr 3, 2017
GTA
Hi ALL

need help

I am applying for express entry from PAK

The education is as follow,

2 years BSC degree
2 year MSC degree
2 years Masters/Mphil degree

Will this count as 18 years education in WES?
Also while applying should I get equailancy for top degree only or for all 3 or only 2 of them ?

Thank you