+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

akreviews

Jun 21, 2017
IMHO I dont think so - I would get another letter with salary details on it.
pay stubs are a supporting document which will add weightage to your application. But salary letter or the original letter mentioning salary is mandatory...
Hi @thestunner316,

By Original letter (or Salary Letter) you mean the offer letter that was provided to me while joining my current employer?

Regards,
Ankit

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Folks!

I need some help regarding claiming points for work experience. I have worked from July 2012 to May 2014(22 months) under job code 4163 as a market researcher/consultant. Post that I went for my masters from June 2014 to Feb 2016. i started working again in June 2016 and my current job duties match with both NOC 4163 and 1123. I do not want to screw up my application due to the overlap by claiming points for 3 years work ex.
Is it okay if I just claim points for my earlier work ex under NOC 4163 for 1 year work ex? I will manage somewhere between 444 and 456 depending on my IELTS result (due on 21st June)

Further, I do not wish to inform my current employer about the process. I can download an employment letter from our internal portal but will not list my job responsibilities. I guess it is required to show the current employmen
Hi,

You are only required to have 1 year of experience in your primary NOC. The rest of your experience can be form other NOCs as long as they are in category A,B or 0.
However, you dont seem to have 3 years of experience even if you combine the 2 (22+13=35 months).

2) You have the option of creating your profile based on your past experience. You don't have to claim points for current employment if you dont want to. You will only need to enter it in your personal history, post ITA, no reference letter is required.

Regards

Reactions: ankush91

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @thestunner316,

By Original letter (or Salary Letter) you mean the offer letter that was provided to me while joining my current employer?

Regards,
Ankit
no. i mean the roles and responsibilities letter.

if you cant get the R and R letter to have salary mentioned, i think your original offer letter + pay stubs should be good enough. (provided salary is the same obviously)

ankush91

Jun 29, 2017
Hi,

You are only required to have 1 year of experience in your primary NOC. The rest of your experience can be form other NOCs as long as they are in category A,B or 0.
However, you dont seem to have 3 years of experience even if you combine the 2 (22+13=35 months).

2) You have the option of creating your profile based on your past experience. You don't have to claim points for current employment if you dont want to. You will only need to enter it in your personal history, post ITA, no reference letter is required.

Regards
@TanakaM thanks a lot for helping. When I choose come to Canada tool, do I enter 2 to 3 years in work experience or 1 year? Considering the fact that I am not claiming points for my current work ex

reye27

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
check WES website itself, or IRCC.

Or take my word for it :) I have seen several members previously who only had their highest degree evaluated.

The only place where i would recommend getting both bachelors and masters evaluated is if you have a non MBA or non MS masters, like MA or MCom or something along those lines - I have seen several times where WES evaluates it as equal to bachelors degree... in those cases better to get both masters and bachelors evaluated, that gives you an option to get "two or more degrees" which fetches higher points.

remember - every single point matters....

good luck
I was looking exactly to this. Thanks for writing this reply. This forum has educate me so much that before coming here I and my wife decided to hire a lawyer for immigration, but now it feels that we can do it by ourselves.
Once again thanks for unconditional help.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
No you don't, you will be asked for it at a latter stage if needed.
"Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Regards
thank you very much for the information!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
@TanakaM thanks a lot for helping. When I choose come to Canada tool, do I enter 2 to 3 years in work experience or 1 year? Considering the fact that I am not claiming points for my current work ex
22 months falls under 2-3 years.

All the best

Last edited:

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
Hello everyone, when filling my EE profile, i declared that my spouse do not have post secondary education, even though he has. I did that because he didn't get ECA for it. Was I supposed to do that? If I fill it in and say he didn't get ECA done, will it be ok? Also for spouse's work history, since its outside canada, should I just say no and provide it all in personal history Post-ITA. This is because I don't want to have to provide documents for him. Thanks

Last edited:

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello everyone, when filling my EE profile, i declared that my spouse do not have post secondary education, even though he has. I did that because he didn't get ECA for it. Was I supposed to do that? If I fill it in and say he didn't get ECA done, will it be ok? Also for spouse's work history, since its outside canada, should I just say no and provide it all in personal history Post-ITA. This is because I don't want to have to provide documents for him. Thanks
Hi,

What you have done with employment history is correct. Do the same with educational history. Just say no in EE profile and then put it in personal history post-ITA.

All the best

Reactions: dammieh

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
Hi,

What you have done with employment history is correct. Do the same with educational history. Just say no in EE profile and then put it in personal history post-ITA.

All the best
Thanks

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was looking exactly to this. Thanks for writing this reply. This forum has educate me so much that before coming here I and my wife decided to hire a lawyer for immigration, but now it feels that we can do it by ourselves.
Once again thanks for unconditional help.
sure :) this process is quite straightforward... the wait for PPR isnt lol...

imtiaz1bd

Mar 13, 2017
Dear all, I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on the following issue I’m about to face:

In my Express Entry PR (FSW-outland) application, I am the primary applicant with my wife being unaccompanying spouse (we have no children). My background check has been in progress for a while I am expecting PPR, soon. My question is - after having the PR visa stamped on my passport, how will my PR status be affected if my wife & I have to go through divorce in my home country before me landing in Canada (my passport has her name as spouse)? What to do in that case?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all, I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on the following issue I’m about to face:

In my Express Entry PR (FSW-outland) application, I am the primary applicant with my wife being unaccompanying spouse (we have no children). My background check has been in progress for a while I am expecting PPR, soon. My question is - after having the PR visa stamped on my passport, how will my PR status be affected if my wife & I have to go through divorce in my home country before me landing in Canada (my passport has her name as spouse)? What to do in that case?
firstly sorry to hear about the impending divorce.

i dont think it will affect in any way... but once the divorce is official you have to inform IRCC about this with the relevant documents... this is to ensure she doesnt travel to canada anytime in the near future as your accompanying spouse, or if she has to applly for canada PR later she has to do it on her own

as far as your passport question is concerned, i dont think it matters at all. not all countries passports have spouse name written on them anyway.

good luck

Reactions: imtiaz1bd

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
sure :) this process is quite straightforward... the wait for PPR isnt lol...
Things seem to be moving faster for May and June applicants hey. so maybe the standard processing time will be reduced significantly in the near future.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17

Hi,

I hope you are able to work things out, but as advised, this shouldn't affect you. Just inform IRCC for the purposes of future applications, e.g you want to re-marry and bring your wife to Canada. This may be a problem if you dont inform IRCC.

Regards

Reactions: imtiaz1bd