+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
roger_cat said:
Hi guys!

I received ITA on 11 January 2017. I will be submitting all the documents hopefully this week. My question is regarding to the possibility of visiting Canada while my application is under review. It may take some months for CIC to review all (normally 80% of applications in 6 months or less), and I'd like to visit some cities in Canada to get a glimpse of settlement or job possibilities. It's in order to take profit of these months before PR acceptation (fingers crossed).

Any opinion or similar situation experienced? My main concern is due to border issues, I don't want to mess anything just now after all the effort.

Thanks for your help.
Applying for a temporary visa to Canada (such as a visitor's visa) isn't going to affect your PR application IMO. You just have to satisfy the officer that at the end of the authorized stay on the visitor's visa, you will leave Canada.

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hello all!

With improved ielts, I am expecting ITA in coming draws. Could someone kindly clear my following confusions as regards EOI application?

1. I have mentioned work-ex for my spouse. I guess it doesn't carry any points. Should I retain it in the form or take it off? considering issues in getting reference letters.

2. I have also mentioned about relatives in Canada (Spouse's Uncle). Should I retain it in the form or take it off? considering issues in getting proof for the same and unnecessarily taking favours from relatives? (want to save it for when we land there ;) )

3. I have only mentioned my current employment details (> 6 years, and therefore maxed out on points). Hope that is okay? Would I need to give reference letters for previous employments also once I get the ITA?

4. Is it okay to change the application form several times? Do they keep a record of it and might use it against you in finally giving PR?

5. Once I get ITA, the docs are to be submitted in hard copy OR scanned & uploaded?

6. After submission of required docs, approx how much time does it take for them to revert with the PR stamping?

7. Can I show 'proof of funds' in PF statement?

Many thanks in advance!!

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can mention it in your EE profile - You have to have one primary NOC and you should have at least one year of full-time (or equivalent), continuous, paid work experience in your primary NOC. So, if both your jobs meet this criteria, then you can make either one of them primary NOC.
Thanks for replying. I chose my NOC as per my bachelor's degree but I have absolutely no work experience in that field (Aeronautical engineering) but I put that in my EE profile because my WES report mentions that degree's name. Should I change it to my current job NOC (Mechanical engineering)?

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Hi Experts,
I have one confusion in a question in express entry profile. i completed my post secondary in Canada in December 2014 and got my diploma at Convocation for the same in June 2015. In express entry profile, there is one question that asks when did the candidate become eligible for this occupation? In help it says when you completed the education or got a certificate of qualification. Should I put December 2014 or June 2015?.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TorontoPunjabi said:
Hi Experts,
I have one confusion in a question in express entry profile. i completed my post secondary in Canada in December 2014 and got my diploma at Convocation for the same in June 2015. In express entry profile, there is one question that asks when did the candidate become eligible for this occupation? In help it says when you completed the education or got a certificate of qualification. Should I put December 2014 or June 2015?.

Thanks
You can key in the year when you completed your final exams IMO.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
flyflysophia11 - Your inbox is full, please find the response below -

flyflysophia11 said:
hi raj

need your advice again. im in panic

My consultant has just received an email says status change (NOTHING ELSE) with my EE profile and they logged in saw my profile shows CANCELLED.

this is very strange as ive just submitted additional doc this week (use of representative)

If the profile is rejected, will it show on EE as rejected or cancelled?
WHAT DOES CANCELLED MEAN?

thx mate
Well, it is not clear to me which stage of the application you are in. Please elaborate and provide a timeline so that I can answer based on that information.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bossofbees said:
Thanks for replying. I chose my NOC as per my bachelor's degree but I have absolutely no work experience in that field (Aeronautical engineering) but I put that in my EE profile because my WES report mentions that degree's name. Should I change it to my current job NOC (Mechanical engineering)?
You should only mention jobs that you have work experience in. You do NOT have to meet the "employment requirements" listed under the NOC on the NOC website. Your roles and responsibilities at work should match the ones outlined under the NOC you choose.

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Experts,

After ITA, we need to complete online application... In Travel History I have few questions:

I am from India and came to Canada during Jan-2014. I have visited India 3-4 time in last 3 years.

1) Do i need to mention all those travel ?

2) Do I need to include my first travel from India to Canada ?

Thanks in advance.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Mumbai_Maratha said:
Hello Experts,

After ITA, we need to complete online application... In Travel History I have few questions:

I am from India and came to Canada during Jan-2014. I have visited India 3-4 time in last 3 years.

1) Do i need to mention all those travel ?

2) Do I need to include my first travel from India to Canada ?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, every single time you went outside of India, you need to mention that. It can be even for 2 days. Only mention the "from date" and "to date" for all other countries outside of India.

justhope

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2017
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017
sushsmart15 said:
Yes, every single time you went outside of India, you need to mention that. It can be even for 2 days. Only mention the "from date" and "to date" for all other countries outside of India.
Are you sure, we have to? I was under impression that, any travel between origin and current residence countries, doesn't need to be mentioned.

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Hi Raj,
I have another query. I am completing my 2 years of work on post-secondary work permit in March and I will be getting 25 points for the second year next month (as per CIC calculates 2 years) or in March. I travelled back to India in October for around 42 days. That was a paid vacation of 2 weeks and lieu days I accumulated which were paid too. Would it have any impact on calculating the time of work experience?. I am at 434 hoping to get 25 to make it to 459. In case, I am in luck and gets an ITA, should I accept it considering completing time of work?

Thanks

rossai

Jun 17, 2016
I need your help as it relates to my application on express entry. my results from WES is as below.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor’s degree (four years)
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2008
Awarded by: University of Abuja
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor’s degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Certificate of Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
Year: 2011
Awarded by: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of professional study in accounting
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential.

when completing my EE i selected Bachelor degree as my level of education for my degree and two year program for my ICAN certificate. Today i have gotten and ITA but am scared of accepting because some people said i should not have chosen the 2 credential. Please advise as i am confused and do not want to lose this opportunity or be banned for completing the wrong information.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
justhope said:
Are you sure, we have to? I was under impression that, any travel between origin and current residence countries, doesn't need to be mentioned.
You don't mention that you travelled back to your home country. You just mention the start date and end date of your stay outside of your home country.
E.g. If you are an Indian and stayed in UK for 3 years and visited India twice, then you need to break your stay in UK.
COUNTRY From date To Date
UK 01/DD/2015 08/DD/2016
UK 04/DD/2014 01/DD/2015
UK 01/DD/2013 03/DD/2014

This is the way to break your stay abroad. The in-between days is your time spent on vacation in India.

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can key in the year when you completed your final exams IMO.
Hi Raj,
Thank you for quick response.
I have another query. I am completing my 2 years of work on post-secondary work permit in March and I will be getting 25 points for the second year next month (as per CIC calculates 2 years) or in March. I travelled back to India in October for around 42 days. That was a paid vacation of 2 weeks and lieu days I accumulated which were paid too. Would it have any impact on calculating the time of work experience?. I am at 434 hoping to get 25 to make it to 459. In case, I am in luck and gets an ITA, should I accept it considering completing time of work?

Thanks