+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

saroj83

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have?

It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)

I have an experience of more than 2 years in one job with NOC 0212 and another 3 years in NOC 6141, so if i calculate my job experience as 3 years or more I get 456 but if i can only claim point for my job with 2 years experience its only 431 points.

I am confused.....

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
saroj83 said:

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have?

It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)

I have an experience of more than 2 years in one job with NOC 0212 and another 3 years in NOC 6141, so if i calculate my job experience as 3 years or more I get 456 but if i can only claim point for my job with 2 years experience its only 431 points.

I am confused.....
You can claim points for 3 + years in your case if you have at least one year of continuous work experience in one of those NOCs in the past 10 years.

Torque

Jan 13, 2017
NOC Code......
toben said:
Excellent write-up. Minor thing, the application fee applies to the principal applicant as well as the spouse.
I wish you could pin posts like this to the top.
me, my wife and my kid. do I need to pay 3 times the fee? 3* (550+490)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Torque said:
me, my wife and my kid. do I need to pay 3 times the fee? 3* (550+490)
For adults, it is (550+490) = 1040 CAD per person. For children, it is 150 CAD. So, for 2 adults and one child on application, it is 2080 + 150 = 2230 CAD.

saroj83

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can claim points for 3 + years in your case if you have at least one year of continuous work experience in one of those NOCs in the past 10 years.
Thank you rajkamalmohanram for your swift reply

That means I can be sure now that I have 456 points (I have more that one year continuous work experience and other factors considered) as I was worried that I need to have experience in just 1 job. And also I want to base my application on the job in which i have 2 years experience not the one in which i have 3 years. So, does it impact the points calculation?

Thanking you in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
saroj83 said:
Thank you rajkamalmohanram for your swift reply

That means I can be sure now that I have 456 points (I have more that one year continuous work experience and other factors considered) as I was worried that I need to have experience in just 1 job. And also I want to base my application on the job in which i have 2 years experience not the one in which i have 3 years. So, does it impact the points calculation?

Thanking you in advance.
No, it doesn't. As long as you have a combined FWE of 3 years, you get the same points.

toto888

Apr 21, 2016
BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-02-2017
Passport Req..
01/06/2017
Starting to get my letter of employment reference letters prepared.

Wondering with part-time work - my hours per week are variable and my wage is paid hourly (no set annual salary).

Is it sufficient to have something like this in the letter in reference to salary:
xxx employed on a part-time basis working 20 to 30 hours per week as xxx. His/her salary is an hourly wage of $20 per hour plus vacation pay.

Or should I include what the average annual amount would be? (I've only worked in the job for five months so I'm not sure what the annual average would be)

Thanks for any help!

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
Hi Seniors,

Do we also need to write down all the trips made between country of residence and country of origin in Travel History?

vkangaroo

Jan 7, 2017
A quick question: I have received the ITA and continued with the application. After inputting the application details (e.g. personal activity and travel history), I assume the system will generate a checklist for me. Can I then go back to change things I have input in the application details?

If I can, will a new checklist be generated to reflect the changes I have made! Thanks!

I just wanted prepare the documents in parallel with inputting the more complicated application details.

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Hi friends

Need advice,

just got married 2 weeks back, will go back to canada and apply for my wife.she is a working girl and have around 5 to 6 years experience in the field of web programing.

Should i go for spousal application or make her apply seperately through Express Entry to get her to canada quickly?

Regards

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hello Guys,
Need your help, my WES report says both bachelor's and master's but I have mentioned in my application only masters.
Will it be an issue?
Secondly, do we need physical copy of WES evaluation post ITA, as I have not received it yet.

brijesh_shivnani

Nov 11, 2016
Query Regarding Police Verification

I am thinking of getting it done in advance as I am expecting to receive an ITA soon( Fingers crosed :D )

My questions are

1) Is PCC required for infants?
2) I will be traveling to UK. Do I need PCC from there as well if I would have spent just a month there
3) Anyone knows a consultant/Agent who can get a FBI PCC done from UK?

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
brijesh_shivnani said:
Query Regarding Police Verification

I am thinking of getting it done in advance as I am expecting to receive an ITA soon( Fingers crosed :D )

My questions are

1) Is PCC required for infants?
No PCC for infants.
2) I will be traveling to UK. Do I need PCC from there as well if I would have spent just a month there
If you've previously stayed in the UK for 5 months and this month would make your stay 6 months, you'd need the PCC. If this is the first time you'd be visiting the UK and plan on staying a month there, you wouldn't need the PCC.
3) Anyone knows a consultant/Agent who can get a FBI PCC done from UK?
There are NO agents for FBI PCC. If you're a US citizen of PR, use channelers, if not; I'd suggest apply for FBI PCC asap as it may take 3 months to return and since you mentioned you're expecting an ITA soon. NOW is the time to apply for FBI PCC.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
One quick question.. Is there a section to fill spouse passport details in EE profile or there isn't one? Can someone please confirm? I just see a that they have rows for spouse name, date of birth, birth place in the personal detail section, and there is no place for providing passport number.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
One quick question.. Is there a section to fill spouse passport details in EE profile or there isn't one? Can someone please confirm? I just see a that they have rows for spouse name, date of birth, birth place in the personal detail section, and there is no place for providing passport number.
There no space to fill spouse passport in EE, it will be available along with many other forms when you fill e-APR after invitation