+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
ik2016 said:
Thanks Tanmay , it was very helpful indeed.

Just another question :

I will make the profile with below details :
3 years - 2174
1 Year (recent)- 2171

And mentioning the primary NOC as 2171 .

Now , i am just concerned if in future , there is an opening in PNP for 2174 .In this case will i be eligible to apply and further can i change my Primary NOC to 2174 ?
unless in 217 series you should be able to explain the things... But i m in the same doubt as u r in...
i have written to them and waiting for NOC's reply
i m wondering around 2172, 2174 and 2171

developer115

Jun 16, 2016
Hi Seniors,
Please help, i had submitted my PR application online though express entry on Dec 31st 2016. Today i was generally checking my status of application.
And i just saw i had done a mistake.
By mistake i switched the files to upload for my employment records.
For Employment record 1 ---> submitted employment records 2
For Employment record 2 ---> submitted employment records 1

Are there are any repercussions?
How can i get back to CIC and tell them about this?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
developer115 said:
Hi Seniors,
Please help, i had submitted my PR application online though express entry on Dec 31st 2016. Today i was generally checking my status of application.
And i just saw i had done a mistake.
By mistake i switched the files to upload for my employment records.
For Employment record 1 ---> submitted employment records 2
For Employment record 2 ---> submitted employment records 1

Are there are any repercussions?
How can i get back to CIC and tell them about this?
Send a CSE explaining the mistake.

Blowtouch

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Blowtouch said:
Many Thanks rajkamalmohanram, Really appreciate your response.

I would prefer the combination of 2 & 4 as stated.

So this means I have to apply for PNP through MyCIC account (when I open one)?
or can I apply for a PNP separately and ahead of opening the MYCIC account to obtain a PNP certificate?

Thanks again
Found Answers here, in case someone else finds it useful:

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/2015/03/12/frequently-asked-questions-about-manitobas-use-of-express-entry/

How will provinces and territories use the Express Entry system?

Provinces and territories will be able to nominate a certain number of foreign nationals through the Express Entry system to meet their local immigration and labour market needs. If an applicant gets a nomination from a province or territory, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply for permanent residence at the next eligible draw of candidates.

Just as they manage their own Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) now, provinces and territories can set the criteria they use to nominate Express Entry candidates.

Express Entry candidates may either:

enter the pool first, and then be nominated by a province or territory; or
be nominated by a province or territory, and then complete an online Express Entry profile.
Note: All prospective candidates (whether PNP applicants or not) must meet the criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs managed through Express Entry in order to enter the pool, and must submit their application online.

Provinces and territories will also continue to be able to make nominations under their regular PNPs outside of Express Entry via the existing application process.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Blowtouch said:
Many Thanks rajkamalmohanram, Really appreciate your response.

I would prefer the combination of 2 & 4 as stated.

So this means I have to apply for PNP through MyCIC account (when I open one)?
or can I apply for a PNP separately and ahead of opening the MYCIC account to obtain a PNP certificate?

Thanks again
You should first be eligible for Express Entry, enter the pool and have an active profile before you can apply for any of the EE driven Provincial Nominee Programs. These programs have limited quota so the onus of keeping yourself updated about the program deadlines lies on you.

Go through the link I provided you with in my previous response to you and you will learn about various PNP available and how to apply to them.

Sep 24, 2016
Dear friends

I received my Ontario Provincial Nominee and as a result I have received 600 points and now I am out of pool sending my application. I have some very important questions:

1. In the customized required documents in the application page it is asking for:

Education Diploma/Degrees BUT NOT FOR TRANSCRIPTS. There is not any
It says: You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree.

But in the (Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check) (which is general) it says:

Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of

secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.

Should I upload my Transcripts along with my degrees?

2. Should I also upload my WES document? There is not any separate place for uploading, nor anywhere asking me to upload it. What do you think?

3. Also there is not any place to upload my IELTS exam result for them. What shall I do with my IELTS Test result?

4. There is also a place in the system asking for "proof of relationship". I have received some points in the PROVINCIAL program for my father living in Toronto. But as you know there is not any point for family in express entry system. Should I upload proof of relationship documents for this part?

5. Last question. Should I also upload the "provincial nominee certificate" that Ontario sent me?

I would be thankful if you could give me a through response as I am a stroke of key away from submitting my application and I am very stressed!

Thank you very much :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
just_a_little_question said:
Dear friends

I received my Ontario Provincial Nominee and as a result I have received 600 points and now I am out of pool sending my application. I have some very important questions:

1. In the customized required documents in the application page it is asking for:

It says: You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree.

But in the (Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check) (which is general) it says:

Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of

secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.

2. Should I also upload my WES document? There is not any separate place for uploading, nor anywhere asking me to upload it. What do you think?

3. Also there is not any place to upload my IELTS exam result for them. What shall I do with my IELTS Test result?

In the placeholder for education documents, you can upload your degree/diploma, ECA report and the IELTS TRF. Unless you have a Canadian degree/diploma, you need not attach transcripts.

4. There is also a place in the system asking for "proof of relationship". I have received some points in the PROVINCIAL program for my father living in Toronto. But as you know there is not any point for family in express entry system. Should I upload proof of relationship documents for this part?

Which provincial nominee program is this?

Generally, if you are getting at least 67 points out of 100 in the FSW points grid even after you remove this relationship, you are free to remove this relationship from the profile AFAIK.

5. Last question. Should I also upload the "provincial nominee certificate" that Ontario sent me?

Optional. You can upload this in the LOE section along with Schedule 4.

I would be thankful if you could give me a through response as I am a stroke of key away from submitting my application and I am very stressed!

Please keep in mind that any document that is not in English or French has to be translated, notarized and you should both the original and the translated version.

revstocanada

Mar 19, 2016
sushsmart15 said:
I have answered in Red.
Don't mention your mobile number or file number or anything personal anywhere on this forum.
Thank you so much for the prompt response, sure i wont share my information in this forum.

In the required document link of WES it says doctoral program, if am not wrong that is not applicable to me right.

One more thing, i actually misplaced my degree certificate and got a duplicate from the university recently, in this case do i need an attested copy from the university or just the photocopy (cos it says duplicate on the certificate)

thanks.
Revathi.P.

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
just_a_little_question said:
Dear friends

when did you receive the nomination? in JAN 2017???

janecan

Nov 17, 2016
Hello everyone, I am about to submit my documents after ITA to the system. I have one question "The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR". I could not find anywhere in the form to write the number? Maybe it is after the payment page? Would appreciate any help

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
janecan said:
Hello everyone, I am about to submit my documents after ITA to the system. I have one question "The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR". I could not find anywhere in the form to write the number? Maybe it is after the payment page? Would appreciate any help
IME number is not asked anywhere in e-APR if you are submitting it for the first time. You do not need it.

faraz.hussain

Jan 11, 2017
Hi everyone, i am gathering informatoin to apply for express entry , first thing i need to know about degree assessment, i graduated from Preston University Karachi, Pakistan can any body tell me if the degree from preston university is accepted and will be verified.

Thanks!

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
faraz.hussain said:
Hi everyone, i am gathering informatoin to apply for express entry , first thing i need to know about degree assessment, i graduated from Preston University Karachi, Pakistan can any body tell me if the degree from preston university is accepted and will be verified.

Thanks!
u can refer WES website for clarity

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
revstocanada said:
Thank you so much for the prompt response, sure i wont share my information in this forum.

In the required document link of WES it says doctoral program, if am not wrong that is not applicable to me right.

One more thing, i actually misplaced my degree certificate and got a duplicate from the university recently, in this case do i need an attested copy from the university or just the photocopy (cos it says duplicate on the certificate)

thanks.
Revathi.P.
WES requires photocopies of your transcripts attested only by University authorities. A simple photocopy of your degree certificate (attested or non attested) is fine for submission. Photocopy of your duplicate certificate is fine.

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Dear friends and seniors,

I have a very small query. I have applied for re-issue of passport as it was going to expire. In the meanwhile suppose I receive an ITA on my EE profile which has old passport details, how will I inform/update cic about the same? Is there a particular way to do it?

Or should both the passport details to be uploaded while submitting the travel document details and the fact to be explained by LOE.

Thanks in advance.