+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
What happens if I'm an entrepreneur and therefore self-employed? Do I do in regards to ref letters?

Stanlee said:
As far as I know for the current employer, there is no need for any definitive date. Instead, most of them issue a letter saying that '....xxxxx is currently employed with this company....date of joining is....'. Get the letters from all your past employers (as it will be valid indefinitely), for the current one you can wait till you get an invite, so you can get it with a date close to the invite date.

AngadK

Mar 15, 2016
Hey buddy I just wanted to let you know server is back and up and running, I just updated my information!

Cheers!

Poten

Jul 15, 2015
Hi there,

My PNP was approved las month and with it I got this letter from my PNP case advisor:

The above-named applicant for permanent residence, a citizen of Spain, was approved as a B.C. Provincial Nominee on 04 FEB 2016. Her B.C. Provincial Nominee Certificate No. is xxxxxxx.
As Ms. xxxxxxx BC employer, xxxxxxxx, is urgently seeking to have her commence work for the company while she awaits the processing of her application for permanent residence, we request that her application for a work permit (to be submitted by the applicant) be processed without the need for Service Canada confirmation.
This request is in accordance with subsection 204(c) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and pursuant to the instructions outlined in section 5.27 of the Foreign Worker Manual.

Do I have to upload this letter on my APR application?

Can I get at the border with the letter and get the provisional work permit? or Do I have to apply for it before i move to Canada?

Thanks in advance :)

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
AngadK said:
Hey buddy I just wanted to let you know server is back and up and running, I just updated my information!

Cheers!
Hi,

I assume you are referring to the cic system instead of the Canada job bank one, right? Because I am still getting the error message.

Thank you.

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Stanlee said:
As far as I know for the current employer, there is no need for any definitive date. Instead, most of them issue a letter saying that '....xxxxx is currently employed with this company....date of joining is....'. Get the letters from all your past employers (as it will be valid indefinitely), for the current one you can wait till you get an invite, so you can get it with a date close to the invite date.
Hi Stanlee,

Really appreciate your help. So for the same situation, if I am not claiming my previous job experience for points, I dont need to collect the reference letter from them, right?

THANK YOU.

Abaker

Mar 2, 2016
Dear all
this is my first day here
I need your help, I would like to know and figure out whether I qualify for skilled worker program or not; then if not what would be the way

age 46
M Sc. Germany
PhD. in Materials Science (Greece) 2015
work experience =above 10 years
good CV

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Abaker said:
Dear all
this is my first day here
I need your help, I would like to know and figure out whether I qualify for skilled worker program or not; then if not what would be the way

age 46
M Sc. Germany
PhD. in Materials Science (Greece) 2015
work experience =above 10 years
good CV
To create and submit an Express Entry profile, you should have IELTS and ECA ready. Meanwhile, you can check your scores using any of the calculators given below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

To know more, you can refer to this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/migration-to-canada-through-express-entry-overview-and-quick-links-t397340.0.html

Abaker

Mar 2, 2016
o create and submit an Express Entry profile, you should have IELTS and ECA ready. Meanwhile, you can check your scores using any of the calculators given below.

Thanks a lot dear Stanle

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Abaker said:
o create and submit an Express Entry profile, you should have IELTS and ECA ready. Meanwhile, you can check your scores using any of the calculators given below.

Thanks a lot dear Stanle
For ECA refer to this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/educational-credential-assessment-eca-from-wes-step-by-step-guide-t394160.0.html

satishp1

Sep 17, 2015
Hello all ,

i am in express entry pool with 336 points pls suggest me to increase points and if u have a whats up group pls add me

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
satishp1 said:
Hello all ,

i am in express entry pool with 336 points pls suggest me to increase points and if u have a whats up group pls add me
Try improving your IELTS score. IELTS plays a very important role in boosting your CRS score. Ideally getting CLB 9 in IELTS (LRWS 8777) will give you the best points, You can try different values in the calculators here and see for yourself how much of a difference IELTS makes to your CRS score.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

All the best!

AngadK

Mar 15, 2016
megadesu said:
Hi,

I assume you are referring to the cic system instead of the Canada job bank one, right? Because I am still getting the error message.

Thank you.
Hey no I am talking about the job bank registration for express entry number and job seeker code, i was trying continually (every 2-3 hours) since 3 days and today morning around 8-830 it worked. Not sure if it is down again :(

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
AngadK said:
Hey no I am talking about the job bank registration for express entry number and job seeker code, i was trying continually (every 2-3 hours) since 3 days and today morning around 8-830 it worked. Not sure if it is down again :(
Hi,

Thanks for the info. Yes, it down again the whole day. I will try again tomorrow.