+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

I might be leaving my job in 2 months.
How should I notify CIC and do they need something for this? I will be off market for a while only teaching private english lessons which are not regulated anywhere.

SKK18

Jul 2, 2014
Stanlee said:
The best way to improve your CRS score is by getting good scores in IELTS, at least CLB 9 (LRWS 8777). IELTS has a major impact on your CRS csore.

For Express Entry it does not matter whether your education and experience are related or not. What matters is you meet the requirement stated here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp.

Yes, when you apply for a job, based on the job requirement, then, it may or may not matter whether you have a related work experience.

Few questions
*If you just given academic IELTS... Is general easier.
* what kind of POF works pre ITA? Property in your name can be POF or you need to show cash because I'll be selling it in few months.
* If I'll get a visa for my pg diploma program in Ontario I'll be leaving India. That's why I'm trying to get the most crucial documents done before I leave India. What kind of police report you need? Either I can go to local police station and get it or one from collector? Can someone share thier experience from India.
*I have salary slip from my work... I have worked for 1.5 years and they paid me in cash. I never did a tax 16 form in India. What are other ways to show your proof of work in India?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
SKK18 said:
Few questions
*If you just given academic IELTS... Is general easier.

I have not given Academic, but I have heard people say General is easier than Academic

* what kind of POF works pre ITA? Property in your name can be POF or you need to show cash because I'll be selling it in few months.

Funds should be unencumbered and readily transferable. Property will not be considered as proof of funds, but the proceeds from the sale of property in your name can be considered as proof of funds (you need to provide documentary evidence for the same). Please refer to this link which mentions the proof of funds requirement http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp.

* If I'll get a visa for my pg diploma program in Ontario I'll be leaving India. That's why I'm trying to get the most crucial documents done before I leave India. What kind of police report you need? Either I can go to local police station and get it or one from collector? Can someone share thier experience from India.

You can get it from PSK. Check this link http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

*I have salary slip from my work... I have worked for 1.5 years and they paid me in cash. I never did a tax 16 form in India. What are other ways to show your proof of work in India?

Reference Letter from employer (mandatory), offer letter/appointment letter, appraisal letters, promotion letters, relieving letter etc.

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
vananhthai said:
Hello,

I'm still experiencing technical problem with job bank. I can't create an account with job match service. I got the alert message after putting in EE Profile number and job seeker validation code. Can you please let me know how you did it? What message did you get? Thank you!

Vi
HI,

I am still unable to receive the confirmation email. Did you try another email address to register? I believe you are one step ahead of me. I haven't got the step that need me to put validation code.

Thank you.

talkto_vinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2016
LANDED..........
21-12-2016
Hi Experts

1. Primary Applicant is working as Assistant Professor with University of Delhi which is fully Government-Aided University. All professors working in University of Delhi are called government employee and they enjoy all government benefits like pension, gratuity, health schemes etc.

http://www.du.ac.in/du/

Under Personal History section, in drop down menu of Activity Type, what should PA select?
Government or Employment ?

2. Secondary Applicant is working with Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Government of India. Its a central government job appointed by President of India (as written on Appointment letter) and SA enjoy all government benefits like pension, gratuity, health schemes etc.

http://www.dot.gov.in/

Under Personal History section, in drop down menu of Activity Type, what should SA select?
Government or Employment ?

Please suggest.

Thanks

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Stanlee said:
Yes, you can use it for cumulative work experience calculation, and if you are claiming points for it, you will need to submit documents related to that experience.
Hi,

I wonder if I am not claiming for the points for my other work experience( one contract, one part time), do I still have to put it under work history in EE profile?

Thank you.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
megadesu said:
Hi,

I wonder if I am not claiming for the points for my other work experience( one contract, one part time), do I still have to put it under work history in EE profile?

Thank you.
If you are going to claim points for the work experience mentioned by you, then you need to have all documents for the same, reference letter being the most important one.

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Stanlee said:
If you are going to claim points for the work experience mentioned by you, then you need to have all documents for the same, reference letter being the most important one.
Hi,

Thank you very much for the answer.

In other words, if I am not claiming for my part time and contract job, I dont have to put it in the work history, correct?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
megadesu said:
Hi,

Thank you very much for the answer.

In other words, if I am not claiming for my part time and contract job, I dont have to put it in the work history, correct?
Correct.

Sep 22, 2014
help required

Good afternoon,
I was updating my express entry profile when I came across travel history.
I entered Canada on 4dec 2012 as a student. Then I took the exit at border on 13 nov 2015. and I entered at coutts border on 13 nov,2015(same day) to get my new lmia work permit.
so the question is:
should I be entering Dec 4 2012 to nov 13 2015 as one history ?
and nov 13 2015 to ongoing as second history.?
another question is I came across was in statuary questions
two questions asks whether I was denied any visa or pr or tr anytime.
I had applied for extension of my work permit and that was denied as I didn't had LMIA or PNP at that time. So should I be entering YES to these two questions?

Thank you

AngadK

Mar 15, 2016
Hey guys!!

I just wanted to ask if anyone else is facing trouble in registration at Job Bank because of Technical Difficulties lately? My profile expired couple days back so made a new one, and following the steps as told by CIC, but every time i try to update my new Express Entry number and Job seeker code it does not accept in my active job bank profile and says Technical Issue found. If anyone else is facing or faced similar issue in past, please recommend what i should do? My score is now finally decent to get invitation, but my work permit is expiring soon so hoping to get an invitation in the next draw of March. Please Advice, i will really appreciate it!

Thanx in Advance!

Angad!

Ramniwas

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AngadK said:
Hey guys!!

I just wanted to ask if anyone else is facing trouble in registration at Job Bank because of Technical Difficulties lately? My profile expired couple days back so made a new one, and following the steps as told by CIC, but every time i try to update my new Express Entry number and Job seeker code it does not accept in my active job bank profile and says Technical Issue found. If anyone else is facing or faced similar issue in past, please recommend what i should do? My score is now finally decent to get invitation, but my work permit is expiring soon so hoping to get an invitation in the next draw of March. Please Advice, i will really appreciate it!

Thanx in Advance!

I am facing the same issue from past 3 days but still no solution.Yesterday i registered a complaint in help section, hoping for a prompt solution.
Angad!

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Stanlee said:
Hi Stanlee,

Sorry to bother you again. I saw in the forum the other day talking about reference letter. I know this is for after you get selected, but I prefer to prepare all the needed docs in advance. So for the reference letter, I read that even if that is your current job, you still have to put in definite date instead of from Jan 12-present, for example.

If I need to put in a definite date, can I just put the date that I am sure is pass one year work, or should I put in the latest date I work in the company? Cause I would like to have may supervisor to sign it in case there is any changes.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
megadesu said:
Hi Stanlee,

Sorry to bother you again. I saw in the forum the other day talking about reference letter. I know this is for after you get selected, but I prefer to prepare all the needed docs in advance. So for the reference letter, I read that even if that is your current job, you still have to put in definite date instead of from Jan 12-present, for example.

If I need to put in a definite date, can I just put the date that I am sure is pass one year work, or should I put in the latest date I work in the company? Cause I would like to have may supervisor to sign it in case there is any changes.
As far as I know for the current employer, there is no need for any definitive date. Instead, most of them issue a letter saying that '....xxxxx is currently employed with this company....date of joining is....'. Get the letters from all your past employers (as it will be valid indefinitely), for the current one you can wait till you get an invite, so you can get it with a date close to the invite date.