+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

ay238

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Hi All, I am turning 31 at the end of April. I am concerned that I will loose 5 (precious) points in the Age factor if I act late. The only thing that I have missing is Academic evaluation. I am going for WES, but I hear they are taking about a month and a half in completing the evaluation. With my ECA results at the start of April, I will create an Express entry profile.

• Now does my age get locked in when my EE profile is created? Or will I get points for age sometime later when an evaluation is done?
  • When my age increases, does the score reduce?
  • Also what happens if I get another degree completed in the meantime, can I get another ECA done, and resubmit it in the same EE profile?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ay238 said:
Hi All, I am turning 31 at the end of April. I am concerned that I will loose 5 (precious) points in the Age factor if I act late. The only thing that I have missing is Academic evaluation. I am going for WES, but I hear they are taking about a month and a half in completing the evaluation. With my ECA results at the start of April, I will create an Express entry profile.

No, they do not take that long, I got my done in 7 days, but again it depends on case to case. If you are considering the whole process of getting the transcripts and sending it to WES, evaluation etc, then yes, it can take up to a month.

• Now does my age get locked in when my EE profile is created? Or will I get points for age sometime later when an evaluation is done?
- No age does not get locked, you will get the score for your actual age, and it will get affected if birthday comes in between.
- Yes
  • Also what happens if I get another degree completed in the meantime, can I get another ECA done, and resubmit it in the same EE profile?
- Yes, you can provided it will get you more points. But it will be additional ECA cost if you are not submitting it as part of the first assessment.
[/list]

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ay238 said:

Adding to what stanlee has already said, age gets locked after you get ITA! If your points fall because of a birthday after you get ITA, there is no problem! You can still go ahead and apply!

KRMALIK

May 8, 2014
Hi any one come across that situation I m explaining below please help me out
As my wife was having closed work permit for Halifax Nova Scotia but company send us to Ottawa for work we lived out of province for 4 months and company realised we should not be there as they sent us back and now we filled the PR application last week we mentioned last ten years residence history we mentioned ottawa address also but I took lease n every thing on my name bcz I was having open work permit I can live n work any were in Canada and I have also Canadian born son as he was born in Halifax so he is Canadian national and my wife job and tax was shown in Halifax is that still effect our application that we lived out side province
After getting invite application was sent last Monday 1st Feb.
what are the impacts on our application of some body can describe briefly thanks

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
That's your spouse's decision and IRCC cannot force them to do otherwise. They cannot even question their decision. They can (and indeed do) only mandate that if you choose to list your spouse as 'non accompanying' now and get higher points because of that action, your points will be correspondingly decreased if you change that status to 'accompanying' at any other point of time during the application.

IRCC doesn't really care if your spouse accompanies you to Canada or not.
Dear asivad,

Thanks for ur answer, so u mean to say that i should choose married and non accompanying and have to be in that status until i receive my PR isnt? I should not change in any time during application r8?

And does married and husband non accompanying has higher points than married applications? Is there any options of married and husband non accompanying?

please suggest

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alvirahuda said:
Dear asivad,

Thanks for ur answer, so u mean to say that i should choose married and non accompanying and have to be in that status until i receive my PR isnt? I should not change in any time during application r8?

You can change that at any point in time. If you change it, your points will be recalculated.

And does married and husband non accompanying has higher points than married applications? Is there any options of married and husband non accompanying?

If spouse isn't accompanying, the PA is treated similar to an unmarried applicant and points are calculated accordingly.

please suggest

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Stanlee said:
If you are married, you will have to declare that in your Express Entry profile even if your spouse will not be accompanying you. Also, you will have to declare the amount of funds for 2 people which is CAD 15,143. You can check it out here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp.

Additionally, you will still need to get the medicals and police clearance for your spouse, even if they won't be accompanying you.
dear stanley
so u mean to say that there is option for married and spouse not accompanying ? and would it be ok if i show the fund in FDR or POST OFFICE BOND FOR TENOR OF 5 YEARS MATURITY? IS it required to show the fund during fill up express entry or its an issue after getting ITA? I mean from the date of getting ita previous 6 months isnt?

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Hi Seniors
Hav one query on EE profile.

When we create EE profile in my cic, do we need to declare all the jobs and NOCs that we have served from the time of starting our job or we need to declare only that job for which we have been declaring our points (by selecting NOCs)

For eg:

Job 1- NOC1- from **** to ****
Job 2- Noc-1 from ***** to ***
Job 3- NOC 2 from ****** to ******
Job 4- NOC 2 from ****** to ******
Job 5- NOC 2 from ****** to ******

If i want to select NOC 2 as my preffered NOC (as per above example), so do I need to submit the docs (appointment letter, roles responsibility letter etc etc) related to NOC 1 as well ??? OR can I go ahead with only mentioning Job 3,4 and 5 in my EE profile and not mention other jobs (Job 1, 2)

Please help

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
Our EE is almost ready and we would also like to apply to PNP. Is there a way to find the point requirements for each province? And how do we go about applying? Initially we thought Alberta would be a good fit for us, but is it true they no longer accept applications?

Also, is it possible to apply to multiple PNPs and hope that someone will select you?

Please advise.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mvmkr said:
Our EE is almost ready and we would also like to apply to PNP. Is there a way to find the point requirements for each province? And how do we go about applying? Initially we thought Alberta would be a good fit for us, but is it true they no longer accept applications?

Also, is it possible to apply to multiple PNPs and hope that someone will select you?

Please advise.
Check this post --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4958217#msg4958217

FYI, Alberta and British Columbia require job offer.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kakmam said:
Hi Seniors
Hav one query on EE profile.

When we create EE profile in my cic, do we need to declare all the jobs and NOCs that we have served from the time of starting our job or we need to declare only that job for which we have been declaring our points (by selecting NOCs)

For eg:

Job 1- NOC1- from **** to ****
Job 2- Noc-1 from ***** to ***
Job 3- NOC 2 from ****** to ******
Job 4- NOC 2 from ****** to ******
Job 5- NOC 2 from ****** to ******

If i want to select NOC 2 as my preffered NOC (as per above example), so do I need to submit the docs (appointment letter, roles responsibility letter etc etc) related to NOC 1 as well ??? OR can I go ahead with only mentioning Job 3,4 and 5 in my EE profile and not mention other jobs (Job 1, 2)

Please help
You need to provide documentation for all the jobs that you are claiming points for.

If you have 3 or more years of experience in NOC 2 (from Jobs 3,4,5), then, you get maximum points for work experience. Hence, you can mention only these jobs in the work history section and retain Job1,2 in the personal history section alone.

This way, you will have to submit reference letters from job 3,4,5 alone! You need not submit documents for jobs 1,2.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
alvirahuda said:
dear stanley
so u mean to say that there is option for married and spouse not accompanying ? - Yes.

and would it be ok if i show the fund in FDR or POST OFFICE BOND FOR TENOR OF 5 YEARS MATURITY? - You can show them provided it is in your name (primary applicant).

IS it required to show the fund during fill up express entry or its an issue after getting ITA? I mean from the date of getting ita previous 6 months isnt? - In the Express Entry profile, you need to mention the amount you have available for settling in Canada. In case you get a PT NOI from Ontario, then you would need to show proof of funds declared in the profile as part of the your application package you would send to OINP (MCIIT). If you have enough points for ITA and you get a direct invite, then you would need to provide proof of funds that you have declared.

TT222

Sep 21, 2015
Hi,

I have a query related to the NOC for express entry

I have 6 years 8 months of experience(Feb 2007 to Oct 2013) in NOC 2112 and

then another 2 years of experience(Dec 2013 to Dec 2015) in NOC 0212

1. Can i show my experience in both of these NOCs ?

2. Is it possible that if I show 2 years exp in NOC 0212 i wont get the full points for foreign work exp?( since it is the latest exp and less then 3 years)

Thanks in advance!!!

adilkhan31

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two question guys.

Question 1 - I have 5 job experiences so far:

Job 05 - NOC 2131 - 15 months (on-going)
Job 04 - NOC 2131 - 33 months
Job 03 - NOC 0711 - 14 months (no reference letter)
Job 02 - NOC 0711 - 30 months
Job 01 - NOC 0711 - 10 months (reference letter not in the required format)

In my EE profile which I created yesterday, I listed all 5 jobs. Though I gain full points on Job 05 & 04 (more than 3 years in my primary NOC), do I need to show this in the EE profile? I know people have suggested that post ITA you just show Job 05 & 04 in Work history and keep the rest in Personal History only. However this question is specific to EE profile pre ITA.

Question 2 - Proof of Funds
Since I am at 459 points, I am assuming I will get ITA this month (fingers crossed!). However, my bank statement was credited with CAD 19,000 (notarized gift deed and affidavit done) in November 2015. If by Mar 2016 I upload my bank statement, it will not be 6 months old, counting from Nov 2015 (since the account was also opened in Nov). Will that be a problem?

TIA

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
TT222 said:
Hi,

I have a query related to the NOC for express entry

I have 6 years 8 months of experience(Feb 2007 to Oct 2013) in NOC 2112 and

then another 2 years of experience(Dec 2013 to Dec 2015) in NOC 0212

1. Can i show my experience in both of these NOCs ? - Yes

2. Is it possible that if I show 2 years exp in NOC 0212 i wont get the full points for foreign work exp?( since it is the latest exp and less then 3 years) - The requirement is that your NOC should be under 0, A or B and you should have worked in this NOC for not less than 1 year(in the last 5 years), which you anyway fulfill. However for the purpose of point calculation, all your foreign work experience will be counted. I myself have 3 NOCs, I don't think my score was affected. In case your concern is to maximize your points, IELTS is the trump card, focus on getting CLB 9 (LRWS - 8777).

Thanks in advance!!!