+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Sameer212

Jan 1, 2016
You don't need to submit any supporting documents while applying. Just fill the information they have asked for. Supporting documents will be asked for once you have received an ITA or if and when you are being nominated by a province.

Just make sure you have created your profile in the Job Bank and your EE profile is Open/Accepted.

max147 said:
I have filled the express entry profile, but i can not see any button or space where i can upload my initial supporting documents so that i can submit the profile along with documents.

Is there a need to upload the documents while building the profile?? I m so much confused that, it should be submitted with or with any document.

This is technical error or what?? Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

savy_c

Nov 2, 2015
Hi All,

Below is my profile,

Age - 29

Ielts - 8, 9,8, 7.5

Education - Diploma in Automotive technology (australia)
Bachelors in Mechanical engineering (canada)

Work - Project engineer (from january 2014 to current) ontario

Living continuously in canada for 6 years

Have below concerns

1.) Do I need CES for my australian diploma? or canandian degree is enough?
2.) please share any tips or advice to make my PR process bit smoother.

Thanks

Savy

shashank2k6

Jan 15, 2016
Hi Team ,
I am sending my documents for ECA .. Do I need to send the orginial orelse if I send the Photo copy is that fine ?

I have done my Masters in USA and Bachelors in INDIA and currently I am in INDIA now .

Do I need to send the orginal transcripts orelse just the photo copy ?

How long will it take for the assessment and what documents I need to send ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shashank2k6 said:
Hi Team ,
I am sending my documents for ECA .. Do I need to send the orginial orelse if I send the Photo copy is that fine ?

I have done my Masters in USA and Bachelors in INDIA and currently I am in INDIA now .

Did you request and get the transcripts from your university?

sid.r

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I created my EE profile about a couple of days ago and have received 444 points. I received a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario through MyCIC account. I am wondering whether should I start gathering documents for my application to OINP for nomination under the Human Capital Priorities Stream.. The application fee is $1500 which is non-refundable in any case.

My question is: Should I wait for the next draw and see which way the score moves or start gathering docs. for consideration under OINP?

Any help/suggestion would be much appreciated!

Vaidyy

Aug 5, 2015
Hi All,

Please let me know how to calculate Skill transfer ability factor section points. It shows as maximum 100 points.
------
Skill Transferability factors (Maximum 100 points)

Education Points per factor
(Maximum 50 points)
With good/strong official languages proficiency and a post-secondary degree 50
With Canadian work experience and a post-secondary degree 50
Foreign work experience Points per factor
(Maximum 50 points)
With good/strong official languages proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark [CLB] level 7 or higher) and foreign work experience 50
With Canadian work experience and foreign work experience 50
-------
I have 4 yrs of foreign exp and 1.5yrs of canadian exp, with M.tech degree outside canada.
With CELPIP scores >8 in all sections. Please confirm if i will get 100 points for section C skills.

Thanks !

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Vaidyy said:
Hi All,

Please let me know how to calculate Skill transfer ability factor section points. It shows as maximum 100 points.
------
Skill Transferability factors (Maximum 100 points)

Education Points per factor
(Maximum 50 points)
With good/strong official languages proficiency and a post-secondary degree 50
With Canadian work experience and a post-secondary degree 50
Foreign work experience Points per factor
(Maximum 50 points)
With good/strong official languages proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark [CLB] level 7 or higher) and foreign work experience 50
With Canadian work experience and foreign work experience 50
-------
I have 4 yrs of foreign exp and 1.5yrs of canadian exp, with M.tech degree outside canada.
With CELPIP scores >8 in all sections. Please confirm if i will get 100 points for section C skills.

Thanks !
Use this tool to calculate - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sid.r said:
Hi, I created my EE profile about a couple of days ago and have received 444 points. I received a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario through MyCIC account. I am wondering whether should I start gathering documents for my application to OINP for nomination under the Human Capital Priorities Stream.. The application fee is $1500 which is non-refundable in any case.

My question is: Should I wait for the next draw and see which way the score moves or start gathering docs. for consideration under OINP?

Any help/suggestion would be much appreciated!
1) If you are talking specifically about the next draw, I am not very optimistic the score will go down to 444.
2) 1500 CAD is non-refundable only after you get an AOR (For FSW applicants, this take around 8 - 10 weeks and for CEC candidates it is 4 - 6 weeks). If you choose to withdraw your application before AOR, you'll get a full refund.
3) I suggest you to start gathering docs and apply for OINP. If you get an ITA before you get AOR, you can withdraw your application. You don't lose anything!

Good luck!

sid.r

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) If you are talking specifically about the next draw, I am not very optimistic the score will go down to 444.
2) 1500 CAD is non-refundable only after you get an AOR (For FSW applicants, this take around 8 - 10 weeks and for CEC candidates it is 4 - 6 weeks). If you choose to withdraw your application before AOR, you'll get a full refund.
3) I suggest you to start gathering docs and apply for OINP. If you get an ITA before you get AOR, you can withdraw your application. You don't lose anything!

Good luck!
Thank you Rajkamalmohanram for your suggestion. Appreciate it!

This leaves me with a couple more questions:
1. Would I have to submit the same documents again for CIC to review my application, after I have received a nomination? Would I also have to pay $950 application processing fee to CIC?

2. I will be completing 2 years as a Logistics Analyst in April, that would add some more points to my profile. Should I wait for that? (My open work permit expires in February, 2017).

Thank you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sid.r said:
Thank you Rajkamalmohanram for your suggestion. Appreciate it!

This leaves me with a couple more questions:
1. Would I have to submit the same documents again for CIC to review my application, after I have received a nomination? Would I also have to pay $950 application processing fee to CIC? This time - electronically.

2. I will be completing 2 years as a Logistics Analyst in April, that would add some more points to my profile. Should I wait for that? (My open work permit expires in February, 2017).

Thank you!
1) Yes, you will have to submit more or less all the documents again to CIC after you get ITA (including PCC and medicals this time).

Yes, you will have to pay the fee ($550+$490 = $1040) for a single applicant. If your spouse is accompanying you, you will pay $2080. If you have any children, then add $150 per child.

2) How many points would it add to your profile. If your CRS would become 450 +, then yes, you could consider waiting. Otherwise, no, you can apply to OINP. This is only my opinion, of course!

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Seniors plz need ur help,,
As i have worked in company till 31/08/2015...
And i got experience letter including all details on it required by CIC...dated04/09/2015...now my question is for how long my experience letter is valid?
What if i apply july-august in this year ?
Plz help as my employer is not going to provide me experience letter again ,typing all details one more time..also i have left the job...preparing for IELTS..

sid.r

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) Yes, you will have to submit more or less all the documents again to CIC after you get ITA (including PCC and medicals this time).

Yes, you will have to pay the fee ($550+$490 = $1040) for a single applicant. If your spouse is accompanying you, you will pay $2080. If you have any children, then add $150 per child.

2) How many points would it add to your profile. If your CRS would become 450 +, then yes, you could consider waiting. Otherwise, no, you can apply to OINP. This is only my opinion, of course!
Thank you for your advice Rajkamalmohanram!

Ok so I will have to pay another $1040 as fees to CIC considering I have already paid $1500 for OINP. Getting a nomination seems to be quite expensive.

I have received 40 points for my current work experience in Canada, so I should be getting additional 13 points to my profile at the end of April since I complete 2 years then. This would bring my overall score to 457.

To be on a safer side, I am going to start gathering documents and see which direction the ball rolls in the next couple of draws.

Thank you again!

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
Seniors plz need ur help,,
As i have worked in company till 31/08/2015...
And i got experience letter including all details on it required by CIC...dated04/09/2015...now my question is for how long my experience letter is valid?
What if i apply july-august in this year ?
Plz help as my employer is not going to provide me experience letter again ,typing all details one more time..also i have left the job...preparing for IELTS..
If you have already resigned the letter will be valid and can be used anytime.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shashank2k6 said:
Hi Team ,

Copies only.

Original transcripts in a sealed envelope sent directly to wes or you can get the sealed envelope from your college and send it to wes along with a copy of degree.

20 working days is what they claim as the processing time.