+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Aug 11, 2015
Hi All,

Need help. One of my ex employer has refused to provide me a reference letter. I have the following:

1. Alumnus reply from the company stating that neither they nor any employee can provide such a letter
2. Email acknowledgement of my roles and responsibilities from my previous supervisor from his official(company) mail id
3. Service Certificate
4. Offer Letter
5. Last 4 months Payslips
6. IT return
7. Ad given by the company for recruitment of the same position and its role and responsibilities.

Is this fine as a substitute for Reference Letter.

Please advise

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Kinan said:
Hello guys,

The point is I intend to apply to 'Express Entry - Sub Category' in Saskatchewan nomination. For that reason, I need to apply first to the express entry system to get a number which can be used in the provincial nomination. The main problem is that after I 've applied to the online express entry it was written in the PDF link included in the application that;
Dear Kinan,
You are not eligible for Express Entry
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your
profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be
eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low

I got 7 in IELTS in last Sep 2015.

• not having enough relevant work experience
I have 7 years in Teaching at university which is related area to my career.

• not having the required education level
I have Master Degree.

• not having enough funds

I have much more than the amount they asked for?

Can anyone kindly guide me in steps what to do in my case? I am really frustrated !!

Did you check if you are first eligible under the FSW program? To be eligible for EE, you must be eligible under one of the economic immigration programs (FSW/FST/CEC).

Could you please tell me about the following :

1) Mention your individual IELTS scores. (LRWS)
2) Mention your age.
3) Your total number of family members. (Spouse/Kids only;no parents)
4) The total amount of available funds.
5) Do you have an ECA for your degree if the degree was not obtained in Canada?

If you could post the above details, I might be able to help you.

Kinan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Did you check if you are first eligible under the FSW program? To be eligible for EE, you must be eligible under one of the economic immigration programs (FSW/FST/CEC).

Could you please tell me about the following :

1) Mention your individual IELTS scores. (LRWS)
2) Mention your age.
3) Your total number of family members. (Spouse/Kids only;no parents)
4) The total amount of available funds.
5) Do you have an ECA for your degree if the degree was not obtained in Canada?

If you could post the above details, I might be able to help you.
First, thank you for your kind interest in my case.

1) Mention your individual IELTS scores. (LRWS) 7
2) Mention your age. 33
3) Your total number of family members. (Spouse/Kids only;no parents) 2 without me, and few months later the number can be 3 without me.
4) The total amount of available funds. 80,000 CAD.
5) Do you have an ECA for your degree if the degree was not obtained in Canada? NO

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kinan said:

2) Mention your age. 33
3) Your total number of family members. (Spouse/Kids only;no parents) 2 without me, and few months later the number can be 3 without me.
5) Do you have an ECA for your degree if the degree was not obtained in Canada? NO
To create EE profile,
you must have ECA number and IELTS TRF number..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Kinan said:

2) Mention your age. 33
You need to have an ECA for a foreign degree to be eligible for EE.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Kinan said:
Thanks for the prompt response. I read about that and I think it takes long time.
No. Took only 8 days for me. AFAIK, WES's standard processing time is 20 days.

The below link might be of help to you - It explains how to get a ECA from WES.

https://rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/how-to-educational-credential-assessment-from-wes/

ravs77

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Thank you for your answers. I understand the complete process and know that once I get ITA, I have to get medical etc done before packing by bags.
My question is post getting a PR:

- after getting PR for Ontario state, can we stay in India and not go to Ontario ? Would PR be still valid ? Or do we have to spend some minimum time in Ontario. For how long I can stay in India and keep on applying for job sitting here ? Is there any obligation to go to Canada once we get PR, if yes whats the time frame...

Jamaican_Chinese

Oct 27, 2015
Kingston, Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2015
Nomination.....
January 6, 2016
AOR Received.
January 30, 2016
Med's Done....
January 20, 2016
Passport Req..
March 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 23, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016
Hi All,

I have a few questions.

1) Does the Proof of Funds have to be cash only. I have the required amount in Cash and Bonds. The cash only total will not meet the require CAN$14,893 for single applicants. Do you think a letter with the value of the bonds will be sufficient? i see where it says bonds are accepted but someone pointed out that is for when you are landing.

2) I just realised that My NOC for my 3 year job was incorrect. I was given points for this in CRS. I also received an ITA 10 days ago. When i followed your instructions, i can not edit the NOC codes previous submitted. Is there another way to change my NOC after receiving ITA? It will still fall under O, A or B categories. I would not want to be refused for not stating the correct NOC.

3) I lived in China for 4 years so i need to get a Police Record from my city. A friend of mine went to the polices station this morning with a copy of my passport, and a letter from me giving her permission to act on my behalf. The told her i have to come in myself to request this Police Record. She even explained that i live on the other side of the world ( in the Caribbean) but he didn't flinch. I also contacted my University and my Country's Embassy, both claimed that they are unable to assist. Any suggestions? Anyone with a similar case?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ravs77 said:
Thank you for your answers. I understand the complete process and know that once I get ITA, I have to get medical etc done before packing by bags.
My question is post getting a PR:

- after getting PR for Ontario state, can we stay in India and not go to Ontario ? Would PR be still valid ? Or do we have to spend some minimum time in Ontario. For how long I can stay in India and keep on applying for job sitting here ? Is there any obligation to go to Canada once we get PR, if yes whats the time frame...
Ontario will NOT give you PR. It will give you a PN (Provincial Nomination). The purpose of securing a PN is to get an ITA. After you get an ITA, you should submit a complete application (e-APR) {With all the documents as mentioned in the checklist including medicals and PCC} to CIC. CIC will process it and tell you if your application is successful or not. If your application is successful, you will receive a PPR (passport Request). Your PP will be stamped and you will receive a COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) along with it. You need these 2 to land in Canada. After you get your visa, you MUST land before the expiry of your medical exam (validity of meds is 12 months) OR before your current passport expires, whichever comes first.

There is no legal "minimum stay" per say but if you just flee the province to move to another province without solid reasons, you might be in trouble. While applying for citizenship, this might come up and you must be able to convince them as to why you were not able to establish yourself in that province.

As for applying for the job; It is very unlikely for an employer to hire you because he has a BIG pool of people who have already landed in Canada and there are Canadian Citizens. Hiring you is a long shot because it is going to take a lot of time for you to be able to work for them. So, success is likely if you start searching jobs AFTER you land there.

I remember answering this question a few days back. Was it you who asked the same question in some other topic?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Jamaican_Chinese said:
Hi All,

I have a few questions.

1) Does the Proof of Funds have to be cash only. I have the required amount in Cash and Bonds. The cash only total will not meet the require CAN$14,893 for single applicants. Do you think a letter with the value of the bonds will be sufficient? i see where it says bonds are accepted but someone pointed out that is for when you are landing.

For single applicants, the minimum amount required is CAD 11,931 and NOT CAD 14,893.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

2) I just realised that My NOC for my 3 year job was incorrect. I was given points for this in CRS. I also received an ITA 10 days ago. When i followed your instructions, i can not edit the NOC codes previous submitted. Is there another way to change my NOC after receiving ITA? It will still fall under O, A or B categories. I would not want to be refused for not stating the correct NOC.

I guess you should decline this ITA and wait for the next one to avoid complications. This is only my opinion.

3) I lived in China for 4 years so i need to get a Police Record from my city. A friend of mine went to the polices station this morning with a copy of my passport, and a letter from me giving her permission to act on my behalf. The told her i have to come in myself to request this Police Record. She even explained that i live on the other side of the world ( in the Caribbean) but he didn't flinch. I also contacted my University and my Country's Embassy, both claimed that they are unable to assist. Any suggestions? Anyone with a similar case?

No idea. May be you should try convincing the people in the embassy rather than trying to explain it to the police in China. If they want you to come there to get the PCC, they are idiots.

Dec 29, 2015
Hi all... i am new to this forum....

I intend to move to Canada.... I have already made some study for Express Entry from CIC website....

I have Evaluate my profile on website also and by 3rd party Consultant...its showing "ELIGIBLE" to apply...

I yet to apply for Express ENtry...
(I am married.. age 32 yrs... Qualification BE(ELECT), MBA(FIN), work experience 10yrs (power plant)... IELTS test is in FEB'16....Yet to apply for WES evaluation.)

I have evaluated my CRS scre through CIC website....I manged to get abou 335 CRS score ( with spouse profile , self IELTS score of CLB 7 and spouce scoer of CLB 4)

As per laetst Express Entry CRS score... cut-off is about 430....

It seems my score is low compared to Cut-off.....

How are the chances ....please suggest

is there any other ways to get Canada PR VISA except direct express entry merit....

I see following options open(don't know upto which extent it is possible) ....
-> I heard from consultant that from Jan'16 rules may change and CRS cut-off will go low further...
-> chances from Provincial Nominations....after getting into Express Entry Pool
-> To get registered into Express ENtry and then to CANADA Jobbank... and getting job-offer

How far it is possible for above options....

ANd are there any other options except these....

Thanks in advance.....

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ravitamakuwala said:
Hi all... i am new to this forum....

I intend to move to Canada.... I have already made some study for Express Entry from CIC website....

I have Evaluate my profile on website also and by 3rd party Consultant...its showing "ELIGIBLE" to apply...

I yet to apply for Express ENtry...
(I am married.. age 32 yrs... Qualification BE(ELECT), MBA(FIN), work experience 10yrs (power plant)... IELTS test is in FEB'16....Yet to apply for WES evaluation.)

I have evaluated my CRS scre through CIC website....I manged to get abou 335 CRS score ( with spouse profile , self IELTS score of CLB 7 and spouce scoer of CLB 4)

As per laetst Express Entry CRS score... cut-off is about 430....

It seems my score is low compared to Cut-off.....

How are the chances ....please suggest

is there any other ways to get Canada PR VISA except direct express entry merit....

I see following options open(don't know upto which extent it is possible) ....
-> I heard from consultant that from Jan'16 rules may change and CRS cut-off will go low further...
-> chances from Provincial Nominations....after getting into Express Entry Pool
-> To get registered into Express ENtry and then to CANADA Jobbank... and getting job-offer

How far it is possible for above options....

ANd are there any other options except these....

Thanks in advance.....
Welcome to the forum.

1) The lowest score till date is 450.
2) You do NOT need a consultant. You can do this yourself.
3) If you get a CLB-9 in IELTS (LRWS - 8777), your score will go up dramatically.
4) If you do not have a competitive score, you can always apply for a provincial nomination. The catch here is there is no guarantee that you will receive a nomination AND/OR the processing time is significantly increased.

You can refer the following links.

All about Express Entry :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

https://rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/express-entry-in-a-nutshell/

About getting a ECA done from WES :

https://rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/how-to-educational-credential-assessment-from-wes/

If you have any questions, feel free to post.

Good luck and all the very best!

AalbertaA

Sep 2, 2015
hello guys
Now after I received my Ielts score online , I think I'm now eligible to apply for EE , but I need a few advices from you out there
first my qualifications are
1- Masters in Electrical Engineering (approved ECA by WES)
2- IELTS overall score of 8 with ( l/r/w/s = 8.5/9/7/7)
3- four years of experience as a Control Room Operator
4- married with one child
5- about 30,000 CAD of funds
6- Canadian Relatives in Alberta
7- I'll be 30yrs next march
so what are my chances here , and also what NOC should I choose in applying , since the electrical Engineer (noc :2133 A) and Control room operator (noc:9241 A)
and do I have to wait for the paper results of the IELTS or just the scores I have with me right now?