+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

monsier2186

Sep 15, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
TBD
Request info on Reference letter for work exp. & Funds proof

Dear Members,

I have continuous work experience in one of the NOC codes for only last 3 years out of a total 4 years. Rest of the work experience that i have is not available in any of the NOC codes.

Q. Should I only show the work experience that is applicable in one of the NOC & leave out the rest ? If yes, then will the CIC ask me about what I was doing during the gap .. i have total 4+ years of work experience. Will this go against my profile.

Q. The reference letters are one of the difficult things to get. I have seen the standard formats. Can someone who has already receiver the PR, please share the format they shared the reference letter in so that we can get it in that way.

Q. If i was not working for 5-6 months due to certain reasons, nor was I studying, will i have to give explanation & proof for those months that i was not doing anything. If yes, where & when will they ask me. i do not see any place where they have requested for such info in the forms. I do not want to be surprised at a rejection just becuz i did not know what to provide where :)

Q. Can someone please guide on the FUnds proof. My father is ready to provide the money to me as a gift. Will the CIC ask my proofs as to where my dad got that money. Or if Dad transfers the money to my account & says its a gift, that should suffice & CIC will not look into where my dad go the money from :)

Q. If I get an ITA & I apply with all the docs, I will also have to pay some about as cost of recovery. I know if they reject my application for incomplete documentation, they will refund the money. But please let me know if it goes for processing, what are the reasons that they can refuse my request since if the e-APR goes into processing, I will not be able get any refund if they reject my profile.

Sorry for asking so many questions but its a huge step i am taking & i would really need help of all other members if the forum.

Thank You & hoping for some responses !!
Q.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi guys
Can anyone help me ? Can I apply for the express entry without work permit because I have Approved Lmia and one year supervisor experience ?
Plzzzzzz help me

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
Re: Request info on Reference letter for work exp. & Funds proof

monsier2186 said:
Dear Members,

I have continuous work experience in one of the NOC codes for only last 3 years out of a total 4 years. Rest of the work experience that i have is not available in any of the NOC codes.

Q. Should I only show the work experience that is applicable in one of the NOC & leave out the rest ? If yes, then will the CIC ask me about what I was doing during the gap .. i have total 4+ years of work experience. Will this go against my profile.

You can show the experience that you want to claim the points for. You won't be penalized for not showing more than minimum required work experience. But make sure you have all documents to back up the work experience you declare in EE profile

Q. The reference letters are one of the difficult things to get. I have seen the standard formats. Can someone who has already receiver the PR, please share the format they shared the reference letter in so that we can get it in that way.

Not got PR yet. But each company has its own format. Make sure you get it on company letter head, signed by HR manager, include your duties, start and end date, full time/part time. If possible attach business card of your manager

Q. If i was not working for 5-6 months due to certain reasons, nor was I studying, will i have to give explanation & proof for those months that i was not doing anything. If yes, where & when will they ask me. i do not see any place where they have requested for such info in the forms. I do not want to be surprised at a rejection just becuz i did not know what to provide where :)

When you fill PR application after ITA, you are asked to declare activities for the last 10 years. There you will have to show something, you can say you were looking for job or waiting for joining etc. You are not asked to back that gap with any proof.

Q. Can someone please guide on the FUnds proof. My father is ready to provide the money to me as a gift. Will the CIC ask my proofs as to where my dad got that money. Or if Dad transfers the money to my account & says its a gift, that should suffice & CIC will not look into where my dad go the money from :)

Yes. Get a letter from dad saying the money is a gift to you, will stay with you forever and you are not obliged to return. Also add details of transfer including your dad's account debit and your account credit and bank statements. You should do all this while submitting PR application and not wait for CIC to ask you.

Q. If I get an ITA & I apply with all the docs, I will also have to pay some about as cost of recovery. I know if they reject my application for incomplete documentation, they will refund the money. But please let me know if it goes for processing, what are the reasons that they can refuse my request since if the e-APR goes into processing, I will not be able get any refund if they reject my profile.

check this for reasons of rejection - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html

Sorry for asking so many questions but its a huge step i am taking & i would really need help of all other members if the forum.

Thank You & hoping for some responses !!
Q.

monsier2186

Sep 15, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
TBD
Re: Request info on Reference letter for work exp. & Funds proof

Thank You Purohit for the elaborate response !!

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I created my profile some 12 hours ago. Created the job bank account as well. While the latter has become active and I'm getting job match results as well, the Express Entry 'Application/Profile Status' is still 'Pending Additional Criteria'. How long does it take for the profile to become 'open'? Is it normal or am I missing something?

devcanada

Jun 1, 2015
IndianJack said:
I created my profile some 12 hours ago. Created the job bank account as well. While the latter has become active and I'm getting job match results as well, the Express Entry 'Application/Profile Status' is still 'Pending Additional Criteria'. How long does it take for the profile to become 'open'? Is it normal or am I missing something?
Can you please tell me how to create job bank account?

TIA

abdulbasit001

Feb 23, 2015
Dear Asivad Anac

First i create account but missed to mention my ielts score which declared me ineligible.
after that i create another account with IELTS score and it worked and stated me eligible.
now i have two accounts and i am confused which account will be considered.secondly i am reciving message every day (from last two days) account updated..while there is nothing updated.

moreover how can one create job account. will they send invitation or there is some active link on the express entry profile and we one hgve to create it using that. and my Job bank status is "PENDING"
and it means that "Pending means that we are waiting for you to complete your Job Bank registration."

how should i complete it...PLz help and million of thanks ..

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devcanada said:
Can you please tell me how to create job bank account?

TIA
Once you create your profile, you receive a message from CIC in your myCIC. Read it carefully. It has all the details you'll need to create a Job Bank account.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdulbasit001 said:
Dear Asivad Anac

First i create account but missed to mention my ielts score which declared me ineligible.
after that i create another account with IELTS score and it worked and stated me eligible.
now i have two accounts and i am confused which account will be considered.secondly i am reciving message every day (from last two days) account updated..while there is nothing updated.

moreover how can one create job account. will they send invitation or there is some active link on the express entry profile and we one hgve to create it using that. and my Job bank status is "PENDING"
and it means that "Pending means that we are waiting for you to complete your Job Bank registration."

how should i complete it...PLz help and million of thanks ..
Ignore the ineligible profile - it doesn't matter now. Only the eligible profile matters.

Create the job bank profile here ---> https://seeker.jobbank.gc.ca/seeker/

abdulbasit001

Feb 23, 2015
Thanks you so much Asivad Anac

brother while creating account in job bank in Education form i am unable to add my education qualification

the details i got on the forms are ....

Education

Build your Job Match profile by adding your education.

Secondary (high) school graduation certificate

Education Program

_____________ Search Button

Continue button

i dont know how add my education ...

any idea... thanks ....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdulbasit001 said:
Thanks you so much Asivad Anac

brother while creating account in job bank in Education form i am unable to add my education qualification

the details i got on the forms are ....

Education

Build your Job Match profile by adding your education.

Secondary (high) school graduation certificate

Education Program

_____________ Search Button

Continue button

i dont know how add my education ...

any idea... thanks ....
Known technical bug. Others have reported the same.

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
shibaak said:
I had a similar problem. I mistakenly entered my husband's passport number for hist IELTS report form and later when I updated it, it didn't update. I noticed it after receiving the ITA and it was too late.
It seems that updating an application doesn't really take effect that good in some cases.
I advise you to create a new profile from the scratch. This will prevent any sirt of further complications.
Thanx

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IndianJack said:
Asivad?

abdulbasit001

Feb 23, 2015
Dear Asivad Anac,

Should i continue creating the job account with technical bug and will it affect my job account for searching job with out proper educational details ??...or should i wait ...

waiting for your kind response

Warm Regards