+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,
I had a Canada work permit and work visa to work at university that was for 2 years. However, I worked 5 months with salaries and after that I received a mandatory on leave so I return to my country. From here I contacted adviser but he never response my email. So, I did not go back to Canada. Though I worked remotely as my work was a research work. Recently I applied for express entry so my question is am I eligible to write 2 yeas work (I have a 2 years work contract and work permit)? Or I should only write months.

I have some other work that advisers in another country asked me to work freely for them, which I did. The result of those work is published. I do not know if these works calculate or not? Can I write it in my work experience or only eligible to write those duration of work that I got paid for?

Best regards,
So what stream are you applying for - FSW? You count the time you actually worked not the length of your contract. Unpaid work doesn’t count towards work experience.

Christ30

Jan 4, 2020
So what stream are you applying for - FSW? You count the time you actually worked not the length of your contract. Unpaid work doesn’t count towards work experience.
Thanks for your response.
Can I count those time to got invitation by work experience in Canada? Otherwise my points is not high enough to receive invitation.

Can I explain for immigration that I received a mandatory on leave from them to see if immigration consider my situation?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response.
Can I count those time to got invitation by work experience in Canada? Otherwise my points is not high enough to receive invitation.

Can I explain for immigration that I received a mandatory on leave from them to see if immigration consider my situation?
If you have a year of Canadian experience in Canada, it counts for CEC. If not, it counts as foreign experience for FSW. You cannot explain that to immigration. You have a year or you don’t.

Last edited:

cabouniray

Jan 1, 2020
Hello Guys,
I need some advise on my situation please.
I came to canada as ontario pnp in 2019. I landed in Montreal then stayed in Quebec with a friend of mine. I've looked for rent before going down to Ontario, but there was not much availablity and the prices were too high. under that pressure plus my kid I had to put at school that had already started, I stayed in Quebec.
2 weeks after that I wrote an email to Ontario immigration to explain this to them. They replied asking me if I got my permanent residency. I replied to confirm that I had, then they wrote be back stating that as PR I can live anywhere in Canada. A month after that I got me a job in Quebec

A year later (October 2020) I contact them by email and told them that I still have the intention to move to ontario, but I could not find a job after some unsuccessfull applications and also Covid cases are high in country. I asked them if I could still live in Quebec. They replied with the same answer (as PR you can live anywhere in Canada).

Now I'm moving next month to Ontario (After almost 27 months in Quebec).
Could this impact my citizenship application? When do you suggest I would apply for it ?
If I move now, would that still prove that my intention was geniune?
Should I inform them of my new address in Ontario once I'm there?
Could gcms notes show me if they sent any objection to IRCC about me?

Any tips and advices will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Christ30

Jan 4, 2020
If you have a year of Canadian experience in Canada, it counts for CEC. If not, it counts as foreign experience for FSW. You cannot explain that to immigration. You have a year or you don’t.
I have less than a year Canadian experience in Canafa. The rest job (I am a researcher) was remotely for them as I received on leave (mandatory) from them. Why I cannot explain it to the immigration?

They said they will refund the fee but I still did not received it yet. They should refund it in Auguest but they did not. How can I obtain refund from them?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have less than a year Canadian experience in Canafa. The rest job (I am a researcher) was remotely for them as I received on leave (mandatory) from them. Why I cannot explain it to the immigration?

They said they will refund the fee but I still did not received it yet. They should refund it in Auguest but they did not. How can I obtain refund from them?
Remote work outside for a Canadian company doesn’t count for CEC. It would count if they transferred you to a their Canadian officer overseas (if they have one). You need to talk to IRCC about refunds.

arash470

Nov 24, 2021
Any clues when IRCC will start processing OUTLAND FSW EE ? I have been waiting for a year 1.5 years, seems they are just processing inland ,CEC & PNP.

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
hello guys, new here. I have a couple question regarding Express Entry Profile.

Question 1. Is it possible to create separate profile on express entry for both me and my husband ? or is this against any rule ?
IE: Express entry profile 1 : Me as Primary and husband as secondary
Express entry profile 2 : Husband as Primary and me as secondary

Reason being, I have higher chances for FSW and CEC, whereas husband only have chance in CEC(but with low score). But husband might have a better luck to score an invite with Ontario PNP (still looking into this )so I am considering to have him place as primary too.

Question 2 : If my husband is here in Canada on ICT visa, exempted from needing an LMIA. Does he need to request the company to get a LMIA work permit or just a letter stating job offer after PR is issued in order to claim the extra 50 point for job offer? Assuming he has already worked for the company for minimum 1 year.

Question 3 : If I am working on a open work permit, do I need to request the company to apply for a LMIA work permit to replace the open work permit I have, or just a letter stating job offer after PR is issued in order to claim the extra 50 point for job offer? Assuming I have already worked for the company for minimum 1 year.

Appreciate all the help I can get and Thank you

Mrmotion

Dec 2, 2021
Hello,

I am a bit concerned cos I've heard nothing at all since confirmation of biometrics nearly 10 months ago. Even when I go onto the immigration page to use check application status tool and enter my details nothing comes up. So I'm worried they haven't been started processing it yet... How long is the general turnaround for this because from this forum it seems like mine is incredibly slow if it's not even being processed yet. There has been no updates on permanent residency page since February either. Nothing has changed. I remember a few months back seeing a service where you can pay for an update through a third party company... Did I imagine that or is it a possibility?

Dec 4, 2021
I have completed 3 year graduation degree in Journalism and mass communication from GGSIPU and 1 year PGDM in English journalism from IIMC. Which ECA should i pick for best results.

happypumpkin

Nov 4, 2021
Hi, I spent the last 2.5 years of my university working(part-time) in a company. I am graduated now and working at the same company full time(4 months).
My question is: can I apply for express entry with this work experience (2.5 part-time and 4 months full time)

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I spent the last 2.5 years of my university working(part-time) in a company. I am graduated now and working at the same company full time(4 months).
My question is: can I apply for express entry with this work experience (2.5 part-time and 4 months full time)
Yes. To be eligible you need continuous skilled work experience.