+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Newfoundland991

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hello,

I have seen before that this is required for express entry after receiving the invitation:

Work certificates: contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters.

However in the website now I don't see that its required anymore, only police clearance, medical certificate, fees and founds, am I right???
Hello, it should be, unless you filled up employment history under activities for last 10 years, but not in the work history itself

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah you will be eligible for one of the categories.

344 is a low CRS score considering the last draw had a cut-off of 469. I am assuming here that you can improve your IELTS score to score better. Also, based on your NOC you may try for a PNP.
Okay.

In the express entry profile: I selected 'All provinces and territories'. Was that selection correct?

How do I go about applying for a PNP? Do I need to go specific province's immigration portal for this?

Please guide.

Dec 14, 2020
HI MEMBERS,

I am trying to get a PR to Canada, but not sure I am eligible or not. My qualification is higher secondary and I have 10+ years experience in sales. In that 8+ years experience in Shipping and Logistics. in Kuwait. Also got IELTS with over all 7 and R-7, W-6.5, S - 7, L- 7. My wife qualification also higher secondary and we have a kid with 7 years old. Can anyone advise how much chances for me to get PR.

madybg

Nov 7, 2020
Hey every one,
I am new here. Thinking to apply for canadian immigration through express entry program. I am a bit confused and was wondering if I should do the whole procedure on my own from the scratch or shall I refer to a consultant?
I have my ECA report and IELTS results ready, CRS score is good enough to get ITA, but one thing I wanted to confirm, if I should renew my passport before making profile in express entry? as my passport is going to be expired in feb 2021. How would it reflect the whole procedure if I don't do it now and go on with creating the profile in EE? I know I would have to get it renewed sooner or later but it delay the whole process.

madybg

Nov 7, 2020
Has anyone got their police clearance certificate from Australia being offshore in any other country? can you please share your experience?

Dec 15, 2020
Hello, I have received my ECA from IQAS which states the following for my Engineering and PGDM degrees:

1. Four-year undergraduate degree program
2. Two-year graduate diploma program

Both degrees are from India.

Now while creating the profile in express entry portal, which option should I select in level of education:
1. Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years;
OR
2. Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

Please help which option my ECA lies in as this will create a difference of 7 CRS in my application.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello, I have received my ECA from IQAS which states the following for my Engineering and PGDM degrees:

1. Four-year undergraduate degree program
2. Two-year graduate diploma program

Both degrees are from India.

Now while creating the profile in express entry portal, which option should I select in level of education:
1. Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years;
OR
2. Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

Please help which option my ECA lies in as this will create a difference of 7 CRS in my application.
Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years;

Although it won't matter as the system will calculate the points based on the individual entries in your education section based on the ECA.

teas

Sep 22, 2020
Hello All, hope someone is able to help me with below.
during initial profile creation I have added work experience that is under different NOC that I am applying with. It is relevant, however it was in different country and 7 years ago.
post ITA, I have to add reference letter from employer, unfortunately I can’t get in contact with them.
Would you suggest I remove that work experience and leave it under activity, so that it is not triggering request of proof of experience, or it’s better to add LOE instead ?
I had a similar thing when I applied last year. I left the experience on and for the evidence of employment uploaded a text explaining that I couldn't get hold of any evidence and the reasons why (i.e. the company HR records didn't go back that far).

I did manage to dig out some old emails sent from the work email address to my personal one and uploaded that along with the explanation. You can check out how I worded the explanation and Express Entry supporting evidence upload here.

Hope this helps.

saranraj

Jul 21, 2015
I tool the CELPIP General Test on Dec-2-2020. While filling the application, the options are CELPIP-G and CELPIP General 2014. I also says that IRCC accepts only CELPIP-G when upon clicking the help icon.

I'm confused, which one should I select?

Priyank3344

Dec 17, 2020
Hello people ,

I have two questions:

My doubt is : 1. I am going to study for one year so my wife will get an open work visa , need to know that any type of work will count as work experience after a year for her on open work visa or she being a designer has to work in only design related fields to qualify as ' work experience' for gaining additional points?

2. I will study because of which my wife will get a one year work permit, but after a year if her work experience counts and she qualifies with a one year experience then can we apply for express entry with her being the primary applicant? Or is it not allowed because she got work permit because of my study visa?

Thanks

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hello,

Can someone help me to determine mine Canada working experience

I worked in Toronto on Work Permit from July-2013 to Sep-2015. Then I worked from Apr-2019 to Mar-2020. I was in Furlough from 15-April-20 to 15-Jun-20. I starting working from 15-Jun-20 onwards. Wanted to know whether I can quote of having 3 years or 4 years experience

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello people ,

I have two questions:

My doubt is : 1. I am going to study for one year so my wife will get an open work visa , need to know that any type of work will count as work experience after a year for her on open work visa or she being a designer has to work in only design related fields to qualify as ' work experience' for gaining additional points?

2. I will study because of which my wife will get a one year work permit, but after a year if her work experience counts and she qualifies with a one year experience then can we apply for express entry with her being the primary applicant? Or is it not allowed because she got work permit because of my study visa?

Thanks
The work experience will count if it's a NOC A, B or 0 role. The field doesn't matter. Note that it's not guaranteed the open work permit for your wife will be approved. Overall, if your aim is to get PR, then a 1 year program is a bad plan. Take a 2 year program so that you qualify for a 3 year PGWP. Many people who come here for only 1 year of study then struggle to convert this to PR.

Yes, she can be the primary applicant under EE.

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
I had a similar thing when I applied last year. I left the experience on and for the evidence of employment uploaded a text explaining that I couldn't get hold of any evidence and the reasons why (i.e. the company HR records didn't go back that far).

I did manage to dig out some old emails sent from the work email address to my personal one and uploaded that along with the explanation. You can check out how I worded the explanation and Express Entry supporting evidence upload here.

Hope this helps.
Quick question,
1) How many of years experience letter should be produced? Suppose if I have 20 years of working experience , is it OK to show experience letter for last 10 years or I need to get for 20 years. Whether the experience letter should be recent dated one or is it OK to be earlier dated one say signed 5 to 6 years earlier?

Priyank3344

Dec 17, 2020
The work experience will count if it's a NOC A, B or 0 role. The field doesn't matter. Note that it's not guaranteed the open work permit for your wife will be approved. Overall, if your aim is to get PR, then a 1 year program is a bad plan. Take a 2 year program so that you qualify for a 3 year PGWP. Many people who come here for only 1 year of study then struggle to convert this to PR.

Yes, she can be the primary applicant under EE.
Thanks,
Does the two year study program have to be in a specific field or the awarded degree or diploma has to be specific to surely get a PGWP for my wife? Also if I study for two years and get a 3 year work permit later then my wife will get a total of (2+3) 5 years of work permit for my stay in canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks,
Does the two year study program have to be in a specific field or the awarded degree or diploma has to be specific to surely get a PGWP for my wife? Also if I study for two years and get a 3 year work permit later then my wife will get a total of (2+3) 5 years of work permit for my stay in canada?
The two year program needs to be at a DLI that qualifies for a PGWP. Recommend you research DLIs and which programs qualify for PGWPs before selecting one. Stay away from private colleges.

Yes, your wife could qualify for 2+3 years. Keep in mind that approval of your spouse's OWP is never guaranteed. Also, in order for your spouse to extend her OWP once you are on the PGWP, you will need to have a NOC A, B or 0 role.

Reactions: Indian Voyager!