+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

jagpreet08

Jul 29, 2015
Hi,

I have done B-tech in electronics & communication (4 year course) in India.
I am thinking of ECA to be done from WES for Express Entry purpose. As they have mentioned on their website that for Profession Education ECA - it requires to submit- Certificate of Membership & Statement of Marks / Official Transcript. But as such I don't have any 'Certificate of Membership'. What can be done in this case. Is transcript alone won't be good enough for ECA? I tried to contact WES people for the same but didn't get any reply. Can anyone over here please guide me?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jagpreet08 said:
Hi,

I have done B-tech in electronics & communication (4 year course) in India.
I am thinking of ECA to be done from WES for Express Entry purpose. As they have mentioned on their website that for Profession Education ECA - it requires to submit- Certificate of Membership & Statement of Marks / Official Transcript. But as such I don't have any 'Certificate of Membership'. What can be done in this case. Is transcript alone won't be good enough for ECA? I tried to contact WES people for the same but didn't get any reply. Can anyone over here please guide me?
I'm fairly sure WES doesn't ask for certificate of membership to assess educational qualifications. They require transcripts (sent by the University directly or forwarded by the applicant, this requirement varies by the country) and degree/diploma certificate(s). Re-check your country specific requirements on WES and proceed.

http://www.wes.org/ca/required/

Mandeep.Atwal

Dec 31, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Learning french enough to score decently on TEF would take longer and there are 4 sections there as well. You'll have to score across all areas to get a max of 24 points which will still push your score only till 441 and that might not be good enough for an ITA.

A repeat of IELTS with CLB 9 on all 4 sections will help you score almost 470 which will virtually guarantee you an ITA. Even if it means waiting 2 months, that is still worth it.

Of course, you can learn French but looking at your IELTS scores, this option seems more practical and doable for now. All you need to do is push up the Speaking by half a point and maintain the same tempo in other sections.

Strongly recommend an IELTS repeat. All the best!
Thanks Asivad!

Just want to clear one more thing, EE will consider my latest IELTS score only? or I can use my previous valid one also?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mandeep.Atwal said:
Thanks Asivad!

Just want to clear one more thing, EE will consider my latest IELTS score only? or I can use my previous valid one also?
You can use the previously valid test as well. The test needs to be valid till you submit applications post ITA.

csesuji

Jul 29, 2015
I am bit confused here, when I went to first link i.e. CIC eligibility link, there its asks for ielts score. my overall score is 6.5 (S-6, W-6.5, L-8, R-6.5).. So it says iam not eligible..

But as per your reply, CLB 7 is enough, so I checked out the other link CLB Match that has been posted by you

The match shows I have scored CLB 7 in all areas compared to my IELTS score in each section.

In conclusion, I am quite confused about the eligible points. Please reply. I would like to you ask also one more question. I have finished my masters in network Computing from Staffordshire university, UK.. Does that carry extra points. or it weighs the same point like if i a get Msc in INdia.

waiting for your answer, your help will be much appreciated

Thanks
azad

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
csesuji said:
I am bit confused here, when I went to first link i.e. CIC eligibility link, there its asks for ielts score. my overall score is 6.5 (S-6, W-6.5, L-8, R-6.5).. So it says iam not eligible..

But as per your reply, CLB 7 is enough, so I checked out the other link CLB Match that has been posted by you

The match shows I have scored CLB 7 in all areas compared to my IELTS score in each section.

IELTS is just one of the eligibility criteria. Check here for all of them ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

In conclusion, I am quite confused about the eligible points. Please reply. I would like to you ask also one more question. I have finished my masters in network Computing from Staffordshire university, UK.. Does that carry extra points. or it weighs the same point like if i a get Msc in INdia.

Check here to get a free provisional assessment of your UK degree ---> http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

waiting for your answer, your help will be much appreciated

Thanks
azad

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
My qualification is MBA (Marketing) from University of Karachi in 2006 and I have ECA done as "Master degree of Business Administration (Marketing)" from CES (UT).

Now my job description has match with 0113 (Purchasing manager) and also with 0111 (Financial Manager).

I work in a company as a Manager, which purchase security CCTV Cameras, DVR, Scanners & Computers and install them on client places.

So, I am confused what NOC should I used 0113 and 0111 due to the reason Employment Requirements mentioned under both NOCs.

For 0113 (Purchasing manager) Employment Requirement are:- http://www30.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0113

A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is usually required.
Purchasing managers responsible for units purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related degree or diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasing managers responsible for purchasing industrial products.

The designation Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) or registration in the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada may be required.
Several years of experience as a purchasing agent or officer are required.

For 0111 (Financial Manager) Employment Requirements are :- http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0111

A bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, commerce or a related field is required.
A master's degree in business administration (concentration in finance), or another master's level management program may be required.
Several years of experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities are required.
Accounting and audit managers may require a recognized accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA).

Please let me know that using what NOC would be correct/safe for me to Express Entry.
Matching job description is not a problem. Please advice considering Employment requirement and my Education (MBA-Marketing) under both NOCs.

Rubel Ahmed

Jul 29, 2015
Hello sir/Madam,
I am Rubel, married, 29 years, have a 1 child(11 months). My ielts score is 6.5. I need to know one more information that is,
I am primary applicant, is my wife need to do IELTS for express entry canada?

I will be glad to know.

Regards,
Rubel Ahmed.
Bangladesh.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rubel Ahmed said:
Hello sir/Madam,
I am Rubel, married, 29 years, have a 1 child(11 months). My ielts score is 6.5. I need to know one more information that is,
I am primary applicant, is my wife need to do IELTS for express entry canada?

I will be glad to know.

Regards,
Rubel Ahmed.
Bangladesh.
Not mandatory.

priya_kan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Dear all,
I have got my PCC from Passport seva kendra (signed by the regional passport officer) office in bangalore. Can someone please let me know if this PCC has been accepted by CIC?
Thanks very much in advance,
Priya

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
Please also help regarding my spouse case!
She work in an insurance company as a Manager and her work is related with Insurance underwriting & claims and other insurance operations that comes under NOC 0121 (Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers).
We done with her ECA as "4 years bachelor degree in Information Technology", although she also has professional education in Insurance like FLMI and DipCII designations but we did not included this in ECA (from CES,UT).
As per matching with ECA education her job description comes under NOC 2172 or 2173, which also give her Skill Transferability points =50.

So to which NOC we should go for 0121 or 2172/2173.
Job description showing and verifying doesn't matter.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hello

Help on those two questions would be much appreciated:

1. Education - I got a masters degree, certified by WES. Do I need to upload (and therefore translate) any other educational levels (I mean highschool, bachelor...). Or is the documentation for the masters enough?

2. Work experience: When I started I used to have two separate slots for my two jobs. But one disappeared and isn't showing up anymore. Now there is only a slot for my current job to upload files. Is this normal? If not... what should I do?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mod2014 said:
Please also help regarding my spouse case!
She work in an insurance company as a Manager and her work is related with Insurance underwriting & claims and other insurance operations that comes under NOC 0121 (Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers).
We done with her ECA as "4 years bachelor degree in Information Technology", although she also has professional education in Insurance like FLMI and DipCII designations but we did not included this in ECA (from CES,UT).
As per matching with ECA education her job description comes under NOC 2172 or 2173, which also give her Skill Transferability points =50.

So to which NOC we should go for 0121 or 2172/2173.
Job description showing and verifying doesn't matter.
Always match NOC duties with the job roles. Choose 0121.

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
First question is for Express entry eligibility (to generate code) is under:-

Which province or territory do you plan to live in?

should we answer any Province (we want to go for FSW).

mentioning any small place will increase chance of success.