+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry status (longer than 6months)

Feb

Jun 30, 2016
Hi All,

Anyone with experience and advice in having their express entry take longer than 6months would be greatly appreciated.I submitted my documents on the 24th of May 2017 and am still waiting for any update. My current status as follows:

Background check: we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more infromation.

Final decision: your application is in progress. We will send you a measage once the final decision has been made.

Note that i have passed my medical test.

I am just concerned that it has taken more than 7 months and the status is the same since more than 3 months.

Thanks in advance for your help. I would also appreciate if anyone has a contact number for cic for abroad applicants

Regards
Have they replied to you ?
I applied this year on May 9th, and still no Updates except medical passed, I'm afraid If it would take that long to get a reply.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Have they replied to you ?
I applied this year on May 9th, and still no Updates except medical passed, I'm afraid If it would take that long to get a reply.
it's all normal, don't worry.

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Guys

Any idea on how much more it takes after the application is transferred to a special unit. I am trying and emailing them to know as to when my application was transferred to special unit. But they don't reply to any of my mails.

Total time after application submitted: 1 year, 2 months, 28 days

Does anyone know how long more do I have to wait? Any experience of such situation?

Thanks
Cian

matper18

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hi everyone!
AOR: April 11, 2018
Eligibility Review since May

Approaching the 5th month and I'm afraid my application is going well over the 6 months mark. Its a little comforting to know there are more people in the same situation as I am. Wishing everyone luck in their process!

Aug 24, 2018
Beirut
Hi everyone!
AOR: April 11, 2018
Eligibility Review since May

Approaching the 5th month and I'm afraid my application is going well over the 6 months mark. Its a little comforting to know there are more people in the same situation as I am. Wishing everyone luck in their process!
Hello,
this is totally normal.
MY AOR is on Jan 22nd, and still havent received anything.
I will be requesting GCMS Notes, but after asking here and there, this delay seems Normal.

fingers crossed.

karan1987

Sep 8, 2018
What if it takes longer than one year to get your ppr since the time your application has commenced processing? Your medicals would have already expired by then. How do they decide the validity of COPR in such a scenario.

Durial321

Jul 8, 2018
Hello guys, first of all good luck to everyone in their process.

I have just submitted my application with a reasonably good CSR score, so starting my process.

I wanted to know if its now normal for every PR to now take more than 6 months, even years? Or is this just something on some special cases or specific countries?

Thank you!

Aug 24, 2018
Beirut
Hello guys, first of all good luck to everyone in their process.

I have just submitted my application with a reasonably good CSR score, so starting my process.

I wanted to know if its now normal for every PR to now take more than 6 months, even years? Or is this just something on some special cases or specific countries?

Thank you!
each case is different, some take 6 months or less and some others take 1 year or more

Uno94

Oct 17, 2018
Submitted and paid for my application Feb 15 2018. Passed my medicals in March. Got an email requesting for my passport October 15 2018. I had to wait 8 solid months. I submitted the case-specific enquiry and requested for my GCMS Oct 9 so maybe that made them notice my acocunt.