+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry status (longer than 6months)

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Outland is a bit different. I don’t see how it would affect you negatively. I have a friend who applied for her husband and kids, and she got through weeks after the MP intervene.
I don’t think it would have a negative effect, it’s apart of the services MPs offer, if anything it speed things up because they have to provide them with why there is a delay.

I wouldn’t suggest writing them, I think it’s best you call their office and hear what they say. Which country are you in? And which province do you want to go to?

Reactions: sachka02

sachka02

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Outland is a bit different. I don’t see how it would affect you negatively. I have a friend who applied for her husband and kids, and she got through weeks after the MP intervene.
I don’t think it would have a negative effect, it’s apart of the services MPs offer, if anything it speed things up because they have to provide them with why there is a delay.

I wouldn’t suggest writing them, I think it’s best you call their office and hear what they say. Which country are you in? And which province do you want to go to?
My husband and i are from algeria and want to go to ontario/ottawa.we also have a little girl of 5 years old.actually we were looking for a phone number but all what we found is a mail address.do you have any contact to share please ? it will really help us.thank you in advance for all your support.
Please notice that we have already called cic but all that we got is basic answers like eligibility is passed and backround check is in process.and since we crossed the 6 months delay for almost 4 months now, we are planning to contact the minister of immigration but we dont really know how...

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Oh I see. I’m not sure how it work in Ontario. I’m in British Columbia. Also there are many MPs based on where exactly you live.

I have tried calling and emailing cic but they only tell me only generic information. I even paid for the notes on the account last week but I heard that will take about 30 days.

I’m not sure which MP you will need. If anyone here knows, please let us know. If you get a number I don’t mind calling to find out for you being that it might be expensive for you to call Canada.

mqc1986

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
United States
Hi All,

Anyone with experience and advice in having their express entry take longer than 6months would be greatly appreciated.I submitted my documents on the 24th of May 2017 and am still waiting for any update. My current status as follows:

Background check: we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more infromation.

Final decision: your application is in progress. We will send you a measage once the final decision has been made.

Note that i have passed my medical test.

I am just concerned that it has taken more than 7 months and the status is the same since more than 3 months.

Thanks in advance for your help. I would also appreciate if anyone has a contact number for cic for abroad applicants

Regards
Hi, just wondering have you got PPR yet? Thanks!

eghlima

Apr 22, 2018
Good day all,

I applied on 6th Oct 17, AOR received same date, medical passed shortly and now i am one week past the 6 month so same boat too.

My question is, for those whom are waiting for 9 month or so... are you guys still waiting or there is a final decision been made already?

If its all about waiting then no big issue as long as applications are not getting refused after that long time of waiting...

Moreover, what is REALLY important to keep in mind is, what stream are you applying for and is it an INLAND or an OUTLAND application, and finally .. where you guys applying from to determine which visa office the application is at?

Can any one please share his or her xperience?
HI
I have same situation here, like you applied on October 2017.
Any Changes on your application?

Reactions: fahmi.mostafa

Annie9188

Jul 15, 2018
It's really encouraging reading your comments. I applied May 5, 2017 and still have not received my PR yet.
It's stuck at "Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. "

I'm not sure why they are still stuck at the background check stage because I submitted my work permit renewal August 1, 2017 (Afer I submitted my PR application), with the same documents. They approved my work permit renewal last month (March 2018) and said I passed the background check so I'm hoping to get it soon. It looks like everything takes long for me. The work permit application should take 35 days and mine took 7 months, while the PR should be 6 months and mine is now 11 months. Like most of you, I already emailed and called multiple times and only got a generic response, the agent said if they need anything they will let me know so all have have to do is wait.

See below for my application details:

Where is this application? Details Help
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. (I submitted fingerprints with my application)
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Questions:
1. Do you know why the eligibility is still being determined but they have checked the other documents? Is this standard?
2. Does anyone else profile look like mine?

Thanks guys and hang in there.
Hey,
My application says exactly the same. I applied Dec 2017, within 2 weeks they sent me a request for information, which I submitted a few days later. Since then I haven't had any changes on my application, looks the same as what you posted. Have you had any luck with yours since you posted this?
thanks!

Annie9188

Jul 15, 2018
A friend of mine told me she contacted the MP and after they contacted cic, she got her application( open work permit for her husband and 2 kids) approved one week after. Plus a few others told me it helps. So I have an appointment today with my MP so I hope it helps. It’s been over one year now so i’m open to anything that helps. I also ordered the notes on my account yesterday, but I think that will take 30 days to come. I need to speed this up because my visa will expire the end of this year.
Anyone else here went to their MP?
How did it go with your MP? Have you gotten any advances?

fahmi.mostafa

Dec 7, 2015
HI
Hello

Am glad that there still people communicate in here : )
Well, no updates so far to be honest so i decided to send them a message ( through the form provided under processing times as an inquiry) and the 10 days reply time is now over without a reply... have you tried to send them an inquiry?
Let me know when you have updates please, thank you

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
How did it go with your MP? Have you gotten any advances?
He started calling them every 2 weeks. So far they told him that my paper was sent to Trinidad because the offices usually help each other out with work load (I was surprised my paper was there because i’m not from that place).
He called 2 times and then about weeks ago they told him that my application passed the eligibility and medical, now they are doing the criminality test (not sure if it’s called test), and then they will do security screening and he should give them 2 months. I’m praying they stick to this or earlier. That’s my update so far.
Anyone else went to a MP? What’s your experience?

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Hey,
My application says exactly the same. I applied Dec 2017, within 2 weeks they sent me a request for information, which I submitted a few days later. Since then I haven't had any changes on my application, looks the same as what you posted. Have you had any luck with yours since you posted this?
thanks!
Sorry for the delay, I’ve been sick, but I just responded above. Have you gotten any update since?

eghlima

Apr 22, 2018
Hello

Am glad that there still people communicate in here : )
Well, no updates so far to be honest so i decided to send them a message ( through the form provided under processing times as an inquiry) and the 10 days reply time is now over without a reply... have you tried to send them an inquiry?
Let me know when you have updates please, thank you
Hi

I had no hope to send another inquiry to them, so I decided to leave it until they ask me something.

I just received an update in my gmail account and in my express entry account on 17 July 2018.
I checked my PR application, and there was a request letter in messages names "Request for Submission of Passports (Residents of Iran)", and they stated in it that the final decision has not made yet and they need my passport and two pictures to continue.

I searched and I found that it is the last step. So I hope that It would go in same way for you. one day you receive that finishing email and be happy.

Thank you

eghlima

Apr 22, 2018
HI
I got "Request for Submission of Passports (Residents of Iran)" in my account.
Hope it helps others.

I had applied on October 11th, 2017.
I was stuck in background check for over two months.
Visa office was Paris.

Reactions: fahmi.mostafa

fahmi.mostafa

Dec 7, 2015
Hi

I had no hope to send another inquiry to them, so I decided to leave it until they ask me something.

I just received an update in my gmail account and in my express entry account on 17 July 2018.
I checked my PR application, and there was a request letter in messages names "Request for Submission of Passports (Residents of Iran)", and they stated in it that the final decision has not made yet and they need my passport and two pictures to continue.

I searched and I found that it is the last step. So I hope that It would go in same way for you. one day you receive that finishing email and be happy.

Thank you
Amazing, congrats mate and good luck with ya future life. And thanks for replying back as well ;)

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Congratulations! I’m very happy for you!

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Hello guys, I applied on Feb 22nd, 2018. its been 6 months no update my last one was on March 22nd. I applied through cec inland. I applied for GCMS notes R10 ok. agent mentioned review required for one of the contract job NOC. any suggestions??