+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry status (longer than 6months)

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Seniors can confirm, but I read that the "Review of eligibility" part stays this way until the PPR. You are in IP2 so that is normal as well. As for the final decision, it's the normal wording for an application in progress. My application details are exactly the same since August. Did you order GCMS notes?
Thanks for confirming, that’s good to hear that yours say the same. They haven’t message me since August either. I didn’t order the GCMS. I just started panicking because it looks like a lot of people around me getting it faster. My friend in Japan applied after me in June 2017and got it November 2017. Another friend here applied in January 2018 and got it last week. So those things made me wonder.
I did my masters degree here so I thought it would be easier, only thing is that I have my common law spouse on my application so i’m not sure if that’s slowing it down.

I emailed them again yesterday, i’m not sure if the answer will be any different, I hope it reminds them to look at my application. Did you order the GCMS, if yes what did it say?

toppiri

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
Thanks for confirming, that’s good to hear that yours say the same. They haven’t message me since August either. I didn’t order the GCMS. I just started panicking because it looks like a lot of people around me getting it faster. My friend in Japan applied after me in June 2017and got it November 2017. Another friend here applied in January 2018 and got it last week. So those things made me wonder.
I did my masters degree here so I thought it would be easier, only thing is that I have my common law spouse on my application so I’m not sure if that’s slowing it down.

I emailed them again yesterday, I’m not sure if the answer will be any different, I hope it reminds them to look at my application. Did you order the GCMS, if yes what did it say?
This is the standard response to every "what are they doing with my application" question here - you won't know unless you order GCMS notes. I email them every 2 months and get the same exact answer, even when I ask specific questions (the last time I asked if I have to redo my medicals as they will expire soon, and received the same "your application is in progress and will exceed normal processing times" response.)
At this point, GCMS notes will only tell you if you (or your spouse) are selected for the dreaded Security Screening, extensive background check taking anywhere between 6 - 18 months to finalize.
I ordered GCMS 3 times until now, there was absolutely no difference between the last two, we are in SS and don't know how long it will take.

Unfortunately at the end, there is no way to tell exactly what is slowing down the application, GCMS just provides a little more peace of mind than the usual "we appreciate your patience" email ;)

alnemeh82

Mar 10, 2017
This is the standard response to every "what are they doing with my application" question here - you won't know unless you order GCMS notes. I email them every 2 months and get the same exact answer, even when I ask specific questions (the last time I asked if I have to redo my medicals as they will expire soon, and received the same "your application is in progress and will exceed normal processing times" response.)
At this point, GCMS notes will only tell you if you (or your spouse) are selected for the dreaded Security Screening, extensive background check taking anywhere between 6 - 18 months to finalize.
I ordered GCMS 3 times until now, there was absolutely no difference between the last two, we are in SS and don't know how long it will take.

Unfortunately at the end, there is no way to tell exactly what is slowing down the application, GCMS just provides a little more peace of mind than the usual "we appreciate your patience" email ;)
Did you see Security Screening in your notes? All my notes under Security where blanked so I couldn't tell a thing

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017

Thanks, i’m going to look up the GCMS thing. But then again, i’m waiting and it won’t speed things up so I might as well just wait and pray for the best. My work permit will expire in December this year so I hope to get it before then. I feel like a prisoner to CIC, it’s so frustrating.

I really appreciate you guys sharing your experiences, it’s helpful.

toppiri

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
Did you see Security Screening in your notes? All my notes under Security where blanked so I couldn't tell a thing
Just on the first one as it was a long time ago. They started redacting SS in December 2017 I believe.

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Mine is 10 months and 16 days till now... Don't know how long more it will take...

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Are you guys applying single?

Mine is with my common law so I wonder if that’s the case. Plus also I live in 3 (including Canada) different countries so I had 3 background checks, but my partner only had 2 background checks. Not sure if that’s slowing it down too.
I wish one of us knew someone in immigration, so we could at least know what’s going on.

Also, my common-law spouse got the BC PNP nomination, so do you think that is affecting the timeframe?

Last edited:

alnemeh82

Mar 10, 2017
Hi guys,

I just received my GCMS notes, can someone please help me decipher them.

Regards,
Omer
Main part is on the 2nd page. Look under Assesemnt to see if you Passed Elig,Crim, Med, etc..Then read the written notes by the officers on the last pages of the report

ShivayO7

Jun 20, 2017
HI guys,
I am also from that Feb 27th Background Check in Progress Group.
My AOR is 30th September 2017. I have passed 7 Months and 8 Days.

My question is a bit different than others that As our Background Check in Progress, so Rest of the stages were cleared or not?

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
HI guys,
I am also from that Feb 27th Background Check in Progress Group.
My AOR is 30th September 2017. I have passed 7 Months and 8 Days.

My question is a bit different than others that As our Background Check in Progress, so Rest of the stages were cleared or not?
Not necessarily, Every case is different. But in my case eligibility is still not passed. I am at IP2. Nov 7 AOR.

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
A friend of mine told me she contacted the MP and after they contacted cic, she got her application( open work permit for her husband and 2 kids) approved one week after. Plus a few others told me it helps. So I have an appointment today with my MP so I hope it helps. It’s been over one year now so i’m open to anything that helps. I also ordered the notes on my account yesterday, but I think that will take 30 days to come. I need to speed this up because my visa will expire the end of this year.
Anyone else here went to their MP?

sachka02

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
A friend of mine told me she contacted the MP and after they contacted cic, she got her application( open work permit for her husband and 2 kids) approved one week after. Plus a few others told me it helps. So I have an appointment today with my MP so I hope it helps. It’s been over one year now so i’m open to anything that helps. I also ordered the notes on my account yesterday, but I think that will take 30 days to come. I need to speed this up because my visa will expire the end of this year.
Anyone else here went to their MP?
What do you mean by MP ?

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
I meant Minister of Parliament (MP). The meeting went well and he called them. They told him that my application was selected for secondary screening (but they didn’t tell him why), also it’s in another Caribbean country now and they are working on it. That was shocking because i’m from the Caribbean but that’s not the country it’s currently in plus I applied in Canada, but he says they said that the office share work load so other countries can sometimes have your documents. Anyway they told him they are working on it and will update him. He said if I don’t hear anything soon, he will call back June 1st. It’s not much information, but it’s much more than I knew before. Hopefully this works out soon.
You should try to visit your MP and see if it works, we are already waiting so it doesn’t hurt.

sachka02

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
I meant Minister of Parliament (MP). The meeting went well and he called them. They told him that my application was selected for secondary screening (but they didn’t tell him why), also it’s in another Caribbean country now and they are working on it. That was shocking because i’m from the Caribbean but that’s not the country it’s currently in plus I applied in Canada, but he says they said that the office share work load so other countries can sometimes have your documents. Anyway they told him they are working on it and will update him. He said if I don’t hear anything soon, he will call back June 1st. It’s not much information, but it’s much more than I knew before. Hopefully this works out soon.
You should try to visit your MP and see if it works, we are already waiting so it doesn’t hurt.
We wanted to contact the minister of immigration by mail, but our consultant told us to not do it.do you think that it could impact negatively on our application ? Our AOR is july 27 2017.our case is quit different Because we are applying under FWS outland program.
Thank you for your advice.