+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry status (longer than 6months)

xadiqkahn

Feb 7, 2018
Hello All,

I received an ITA in Oct 2016 under the Express Entry system and I submitted my application in Dec 2016. I was asked to pay RPRF fees in May 2017 which I did in May 2017.

However, since then , I have not had any movement on my application. The application status still says that the "application is under review". I have emailed CIC multiple times but it has been impossible to get any helpful response out of them. It has been really frustrating and has left me very annoyed. In total I am it has been 14 months, and I am still awaiting a response. My medical has also expire.

Does anyone has any advise on what I could do next to at least get a response back?

Sending emails to them does not do anything.

Regards,
Kahn

Reactions: fahmi.mostafa

nataimages

Dec 13, 2017
Hello All,

I received an ITA in Oct 2016 under the Express Entry system and I submitted my application in Dec 2016. I was asked to pay RPRF fees in May 2017 which I did in May 2017.

However, since then , I have not had any movement on my application. The application status still says that the "application is under review". I have emailed CIC multiple times but it has been impossible to get any helpful response out of them. It has been really frustrating and has left me very annoyed. In total I am it has been 14 months, and I am still awaiting a response. My medical has also expire.

Does anyone has any advise on what I could do next to at least get a response back?

Sending emails to them does not do anything.

Regards,
Kahn
I went through the same process and still waiting... I am also about to have a baby without a medical insurance.... I have no idea what else could be done. Let me know if you find the way to get through to them that makes a difference. I also applied for an extension of my work permit as well which is about to expire and also waiting on that too...

Good luck to you

sachka02

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Hi All,

Anyone with experience and advice in having their express entry take longer than 6months would be greatly appreciated.I submitted my documents on the 24th of May 2017 and am still waiting for any update. My current status as follows:

Background check: we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more infromation.

Final decision: your application is in progress. We will send you a measage once the final decision has been made.

Note that i have passed my medical test.

I am just concerned that it has taken more than 7 months and the status is the same since more than 3 months.

Thanks in advance for your help. I would also appreciate if anyone has a contact number for cic for abroad applicants

Regards
Hi guys.did you have your ppr or are you still waiting ?

kanwar

Apr 21, 2012
I am about to enter 9 months and the whole things is starting to get me a bit frustrated . A month back I ordered GCMS notes so I will get a better picture once I receive them .

I am one of those guys whose application went to IP2 stage on 27th feb so I am bit optimistic but I have seen cases stuck in IP2 stage for a long time too .
I wonder how long can anyone wait . 14 months is a long time .
I hope our files go into hyperdrive soon .

capprriccio

Jan 11, 2018
i just ordered my GCMS this month, not sure what to expect, i was just hoping there was somewhere we could go or someone we could contact

Mojca

Apr 2, 2018
Hi, I am new here. We applied for PR on Jan 16, 2017, and still waiting. Is there anybody who can give me any advice what to do? Thanks

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi, I am new here. We applied for PR on Jan 16, 2017, and still waiting. Is there anybody who can give me any advice what to do? Thanks
you can't do anything. order your gcms to get a better idea on what's happening but from your side, no action can be done.

alnemeh82

Mar 10, 2017
Hi All,

Anyone with experience and advice in having their express entry take longer than 6months would be greatly appreciated.I submitted my documents on the 24th of May 2017 and am still waiting for any update. My current status as follows:

Background check: we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more infromation.

Final decision: your application is in progress. We will send you a measage once the final decision has been made.

Note that i have passed my medical test.

I am just concerned that it has taken more than 7 months and the status is the same since more than 3 months.

Thanks in advance for your help. I would also appreciate if anyone has a contact number for cic for abroad applicants

Regards
As per CIC, 80% of the applications are processed within 6 months. So I guess you are one of the lucky 20%. For me my application will hit the 6months mark tomorrow and there are loads of us here with applicants even from 2016.
Emails are useless as they have a generic response that doesn't tell much.GCMS notes will give a little comfort on what's happening with your application but again it could give false hopes like Due Dates. I will raise a CSE tomorrow but I doubt it will have any benefit to it....I guess we just sit waiting helplessly till Mr officer in London decide to open our papers

jainargas

Apr 5, 2018
Same here... My
AOR - 30 May 2017
Medicals Status Updated - 10 Aug 2017
File transferred to New Delhi VO - 22 Sep 2017

Since then no updates... 7 months 17 days passed after AOR... My future lurks in mid-air.
Hi Cian,

is there a way to track when the file moves to the New Delhi visa office..??

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Cian,

is there a way to track when the file moves to the New Delhi visa office..??
You can call canadian call centre and ask them regarding your applications current destination.
+16139444000
+18882422100
+18885768502

fahmi.mostafa

Dec 7, 2015
Good day all,

I applied on 6th Oct 17, AOR received same date, medical passed shortly and now i am one week past the 6 month so same boat too.

My question is, for those whom are waiting for 9 month or so... are you guys still waiting or there is a final decision been made already?

If its all about waiting then no big issue as long as applications are not getting refused after that long time of waiting...

Moreover, what is REALLY important to keep in mind is, what stream are you applying for and is it an INLAND or an OUTLAND application, and finally .. where you guys applying from to determine which visa office the application is at?

Can any one please share his or her xperience?

Last edited:

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
It's really encouraging reading your comments. I applied May 5, 2017 and still have not received my PR yet.
It's stuck at "Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. "

I'm not sure why they are still stuck at the background check stage because I submitted my work permit renewal August 1, 2017 (Afer I submitted my PR application), with the same documents. They approved my work permit renewal last month (March 2018) and said I passed the background check so I'm hoping to get it soon. It looks like everything takes long for me. The work permit application should take 35 days and mine took 7 months, while the PR should be 6 months and mine is now 11 months. Like most of you, I already emailed and called multiple times and only got a generic response, the agent said if they need anything they will let me know so all have have to do is wait.

See below for my application details:

Where is this application? Details Help
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. (I submitted fingerprints with my application)
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Questions:
1. Do you know why the eligibility is still being determined but they have checked the other documents? Is this standard?
2. Does anyone else profile look like mine?

Thanks guys and hang in there.

toppiri

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
It's really encouraging reading your comments. I applied May 5, 2017 and still have not received my PR yet.
It's stuck at "Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. "

I'm not sure why they are still stuck at the background check stage because I submitted my work permit renewal August 1, 2017 (Afer I submitted my PR application), with the same documents. They approved my work permit renewal last month (March 2018) and said I passed the background check so I'm hoping to get it soon. It looks like everything takes long for me. The work permit application should take 35 days and mine took 7 months, while the PR should be 6 months and mine is now 11 months. Like most of you, I already emailed and called multiple times and only got a generic response, the agent said if they need anything they will let me know so all have have to do is wait.

See below for my application details:

Where is this application? Details Help
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. (I submitted fingerprints with my application)
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Questions:
1. Do you know why the eligibility is still being determined but they have checked the other documents? Is this standard?
2. Does anyone else profile look like mine?

Thanks guys and hang in there.
Seniors can confirm, but I read that the "Review of eligibility" part stays this way until the PPR. You are in IP2 so that is normal as well. As for the final decision, it's the normal wording for an application in progress. My application details are exactly the same since August. Did you order GCMS notes?