+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

express entry overall score 0 points

anedoyca

Mar 9, 2023
After I fill in my application profile, I received almost immediately the negative answer and in my profile appears that I have 0 points and it doesn't consider anything. (I calculate 350 points for express entry and I qualify for Federal Skill worker and Federal trade worker).

What is happening and what should I do to avoid this issue? This is the third time with this problem.

Thanks for your help

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
You either made a mistake somewhere in your application or you don't have enough points to qualify for EE in the first place. Did you score at least 67 points when you checked your eligibility? 350 CRS points is a very low score, way too low for FSW, not sure about FST.

What's your IELTS score, education, age, work experience, etc.?

anedoyca

Mar 9, 2023
Thanks for your answers. My information below:
Career: MBA and bachelor of engineering, both were validated by WES
CElpip: 9, 7, 9, 7
Current Job: Noc 83101, previous job: 80010 for. 10 years
Open work permit

anedoyca

Mar 9, 2023
Open work permit
CELPIP of my wife: 9, 8, 7, 6

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Open work permit
Do you have at least 67 points on the FSW point system?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Open work permit
Don’t think you have 67 points. If married, can you count points for spouse. Are you counting a job offer? If so answer is no unless you have LMIA.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For FST, do you have a job offer with LMIA or Canadian certification? Do you have a year with 83101? If not use 80100 which is not FST.

Last edited:

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Open work permit
Without your wife's language test results, I think you have 63 points so you're not eligible. After adding her points, it should be 68 so it should be fine.
Bear in mind that 350 CRS points won't be enough for FSW so your options are FST or getting a job offer.

amt123

Sep 7, 2023
Hello everyone.
I hope you can help me with my situation. I have the same situation. I had a very complex work experience so when I checked my eligibility I only put 2-3 years of work experience as an administrative assistant instead of 6 or more years. I did this because I was not sure about the NOC of my long time work which was an online ESL teacher. When I submitted my profile I was found ineligible and my score was zero. Then I figured it out. It was probably because I said yes to the question " Did I gain the study in Canada? under the section about my education back home. So maybe that's the reason why I was zero in all sections.

So my concern is, should I get new personal reference code? Because I only put 2-3 years there. I want to create a new EE profile and this time I want to include more than 6 years experience. I think the code for ONLINE ESL TEACHER is 41210, not so sure though since it is a language school.

Also I did two jobs most of the time which I worked for 44 hours as an administrative assistant + 32 hours/ week as an ESL teacher. Extreme I know! Hehehhe

Thank you everyone!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone.
I hope you can help me with my situation. I have the same situation. I had a very complex work experience so when I checked my eligibility I only put 2-3 years of work experience as an administrative assistant instead of 6 or more years. I did this because I was not sure about the NOC of my long time work which was an online ESL teacher. When I submitted my profile I was found ineligible and my score was zero. Then I figured it out. It was probably because I said yes to the question " Did I gain the study in Canada? under the section about my education back home. So maybe that's the reason why I was zero in all sections.

So my concern is, should I get new personal reference code? Because I only put 2-3 years there. I want to create a new EE profile and this time I want to include more than 6 years experience. I think the code for ONLINE ESL TEACHER is 41210, not so sure though since it is a language school.

Also I did two jobs most of the time which I worked for 44 hours as an administrative assistant + 32 hours/ week as an ESL teacher. Extreme I know! Hehehhe

Thank you everyone!
So did you study in Canada? What stream do you think you are eligible for? What is your profile?

amt123

Sep 7, 2023
So did you study in Canada? What stream do you think you are eligible for? What is your profile?

I studied in Canada and I am currently residing here. So I want to apply for PR using my foreign experience. I think the FSW. I had an administrative assistant experience which was from 2013-2015 and I was an online ESL teacher for 7 years. I am not sure though which NOC that is that's why I used my Administrative assistant background because I was not sure.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I studied in Canada and I am currently residing here. So I want to apply for PR using my foreign experience. I think the FSW. I had an administrative assistant experience which was from 2013-2015 and I was an online ESL teacher for 7 years. I am not sure though which NOC that is that's why I used my Administrative assistant background because I was not sure.
So if applying through FSW, do you have 67 points to be eligible.

amt123

Sep 7, 2023
So if applying through FSW, do you have 67 points to be eligible.
Yes, I think I am eligible. It's just that when I input everything it was zero. I am just wondering if I should get another personal reference code since I made a mistake in the education section and I only put 2-3 years work experience because I did not include my esl experience. I want to include it in my second profile. Thank you.