+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
You need to see what it equals to. If you know anyone with similar qualifications you can check with them. For certain degrees WES has free tool to assess.

Also, mindful when you complete degree, you won't loose marks for age.
That's the help I am looking for here :| that if someone with PG Diploma was given the score for two or more degrees here ?

Can you help me :(

Reactions: Leeron1983

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hi guys, While preparing Express Entry profile, from what levels of education do I need to enter my information in the EE profile. Do I have to start from Matriculation, Senior Secondary, Graduation, and finally Masters degree details?
Secondly, Assessment authorities like WES only evaluates graduation and post graduation degrees for equivalency as per my understanding. Do I need to get credentials assessment for our Matriculation and Senior Secondary levels of study also?
Please share your valuable knowledge and experience...

Plz plz help and guide...

May 13, 2019
Ethiopia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ethiopia
NOC Code......
No
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
No
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
No
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
No
LANDED..........
No
I am very glade to see this detailed explaination of EE and how it works.

May 28, 2017
Hi guys, if i call cic helpline and speak to an agent say once or twice a month to get an update on my application. Does it slows my processing or somehow affects it?

student413

Oct 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'll be applying for EE soon via CEC.

I have a 6-semester advanced diploma that is 3 year in length.

What Option should I select while assessing my CRS points?

"What is your level of education?

Enter the highest level of education for which you:

• earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been earned at an accredited Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning counts, but only if it made up less than half your study.

A. None or Less than Secondary Highschool
B. Secondary Diploma (High School Graduation)
C. One-Year Program at a University, College, Trade or Technical School, or Other Institute
D. Two-Year Program at a University, College, Trade or Technical School, or Other Institute
E. Bachelor's Degree (three or more year program at a University, College, Trade or Technical School, or Other Institute)

THanks.

May 16, 2019
Great help
I want to start the process.
I just want to ask that I haven't changed my wife surname in passport though we're having marriage certificate.
Can we apply with our different surnames or u have to change it

nikhil_pal

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
Hi, I am under confusion so please help in this-
I am 32 years old and have recently got married in April 2019 and my ECA & IELTS have just completed all looks good for the Express Entry but since I am married now so should I wait for my wife to complete ECA & IELTS as well and create or should I go ahead and submit EOI for myself first and later sponsor my Wife.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Iyad717

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
In CIC website it says PR card processing time is 13 days. However, the immigration officer gave me a paper after my PR interview/approval (COPR) and it says around 45 days. I am applying from Alberta, Calgary. Any idea on this?

juli.m

May 14, 2019
Belgium
I am 32 years old and have recently got married in April 2019 and my ECA & IELTS have just completed all looks good for the Express Entry but since I am married now so should I wait for my wife to complete ECA & IELTS as well and create or should I go ahead and submit EOI for myself first and later sponsor my Wife.

Thanks,
Nikhil
Hi Nikhil,
My husband and I are in the same situation. After carefully looking at the scores (and playing with the different situations), we decided not to present my ECA. Since I already have the IELTS results we ARE presenting those.
I would recommend that you use the CRS tool to see how many more points would you get if you add your spouse ECA and IELTS results. Also, check if you really need them.
We decided not to do my ECA because of the cost and because we believe that we won't need those extra points.

Hope this helped!

pritish kumar

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019

Thanks,
Nikhil

here is the tool link check it and decide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

mangoman99

May 13, 2019
Important Query. My and my wife's documents are with WES now. My wife is pregnant now (5th month). So by the time we get the WES report and apply for ITA she will still be pregnant. So my questions are below given:

1. Do we need to fill zero dependent/child in our CIC account under the personal details section?

2. Hopefully after receiving the ITA we could have our newborn baby with us then what exactly we need to tell and to whom regarding our updated profile.?

Ginish

May 21, 2019
Hi I would appreciate if you could help me with below questions.

1. My passport, education certificates, Ielts result does not contains the surname, but after creating the GC key account at express entry section, surname is mandatory for creating the profile, how to deal with this problem?

2. In my passport the address is different as that given in any other document containing the address for instance my bank account statement has a different address. Would it be an issue, if yes then how to resolve it.

3. In the WES, account name is with Surname but the educational credential they reviewed had my first name only and they have mentioned that the account name is different from the credentials name, though they have given the ECA. Would it be an issue going forward, if yes then how to resolve it?

Ginish

May 21, 2019
Hi I would appreciate if you could help me with below questions.

1. My passport, education certificates, Ielts result does not contains the surname, but after creating the GC key account at express entry section, surname is mandatory for creating the profile, how to deal with this problem?

2. In my passport the address is different as that given in any other document containing the address for instance my bank account statement has a different address. Would it be an issue, if yes then how to resolve it.

3. In the WES, account name is with Surname but the educational credential they reviewed had my first name only and they have mentioned that the account name is different from the credentials name, though they have given the ECA. Would it be an issue going forward, if yes then how to resolve it?