+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Jasinder

Apr 26, 2019
Hi every one I had received AINP letter of interest on 29 march. My file was delivered at there office on 25th April.
Has any one else received the nomination around this time?? How long I have to wait to receive nomination? Any one?

sujogeorge2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Guys, I need a clarification. I am from India. While applying for PCC in India, I provided this option " 'immigration purposes other than citizenship" is this option correct for Express Entry PR application? or is it "Resident Permit" Pls help. I have given immigration purposes other than citizenship and sent for verification.

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Guys, I need a clarification. I am from India. While applying for PCC in India, I provided this option " 'immigration purposes other than citizenship" is this option correct for Express Entry PR application? or is it "Resident Permit" Pls help. I have given immigration purposes other than citizenship and sent for verification.
It is for immigration purpose other than citizenship. Not resident permit

pritish kumar

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hi every one I had received AINP letter of interest on 29 march. My file was delivered at there office on 25th April.
Has any one else received the nomination around this time?? How long I have to wait to receive nomination? Any one?
hi jasinder

for AINP or other provinces is there other process or we just have to create EE profile and system will take care of it

thank U

Minion4eva

Apr 27, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I got a passport request on april 13th to submit copies of my passport by April 19th. I saw majority get at least 30 days to submit. But because my passport will expire on end of June, I had to request a new passport. I sent a letter explaining the reasons for not renewing ahead of time but now I dont know what the decision will be since no status has been updated. I am thinking once I receive my new passport which is by April 29th, i will submit that.

I am just curious, why I was only given 1 week to submit this. And since I couldn't submit anything, will this cancel my request? Last, the latter said.. if it is not received within that timeframe, my application will be assessed based on the information they have.

**I am in the US if that helps to answer anything.

Last edited:

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Hello Everyone,

I got a passport request on april 13th to submit copies of my passport by April 19th. I saw majority get at least 30 days to submit. But because my passport will expire on end of June, I had to request a new passport. I sent a letter explaining the reasons for not renewing ahead of time but now I dont know what the decision will be since no status has been updated. I am thinking once I receive my new passport which is by April 29th, i will submit that.

I am just curious, why I was only given 1 week to submit this. And since I couldn't submit anything, will this cancel my request? Last, the latter said.. if it is not received within that timeframe, my application will be assessed based on the information they have.

**I am in the US if that helps to answer anything.
In the passport request they say " if you are unable to submit passport within this time,please tell us how much time you need". Did you see something like that? Then you better contact and ask them for more time.

"Your passport should be valid for at least six months when you submit it."

Minion4eva

Apr 27, 2019
In the passport request they say " if you are unable to submit passport within this time,please tell us how much time you need". Did you see something like that? Then you better contact and ask them for more time.

"Your passport should be valid for at least six months when you submit it."
Thank you for prompt reply. Actually it doesn't say anything about extra time. I tried to upload the actual letter but looks like no option here? But the letter said, you must submit the documents by 4.19.2019. If they don't receive it , it will be assessed based on what they have on file which is my passport with 2 months left. I actually uploaded a written letter to them with my explanation for not applying for a new passport and with the receipt that I applied for new passport on 4/15 to give me more time. I am just not sure why 1 week time given. I applied on October 2018 and tomorrow is the last day for 6 month processing time.

Last edited:

Jasinder

Apr 26, 2019
hi jasinder

for AINP or other provinces is there other process or we just have to create EE profile and system will take care of it

thank U

This link will help you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=736&top=6

Some of the PNP programmes select the candidates from EE pool, like Ontario , Alberta for others you have to check the province site and create your profile at province's site like Saskatchewan, PEI etc. Any how EE profile is always must for PNP. Under PNP there are various programmes pls check each state website and occupation in Demand list for each state.

sujogeorge2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Hi Guys, I have received my ITA and I am currently filling the express entry application. I have a query. While I was filling EE profile in 'preview my score' I got a higher score(474) than the actual score(466). The difference was due to my education. I have completed my master but for this, ECA has evaluated as Post graduation diploma one year. So in the Level of Education should I give Masters and in the "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean:" should I give one year programme at university? Is this correct ?

Jaikrish

Apr 27, 2019
For FSWP, you need to score at least 67 points out of 100 to be eligible.

Can uoy explain a bit that will be useful.

Also help me with a link so that I can start checking for eligibility.

Minion4eva

Apr 27, 2019
For FSWP, you need to score at least 67 points out of 100 to be eligible.

Can uoy explain a bit that will be useful.

Also help me with a link so that I can start checking for eligibility.
Eligibility test : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

If you find your eligible, I would also use comprehensive tool which reflects more on the current score. It is a 1200 point system to calculate eligibility. As of now, the lastest score of draw shows 451. So you need at least 451 or more to be in the pool. Go to this link below and check your overall score. First check if you are eligible then you can create profile and enter into the pool depending on your score. Before doing so, you should know your IELTS/CELPIP and ECA results if you want an accurate score. However, when I first created my profile, I put a certain language score to see what is the score I need in order to get a passing score beyond the CRS at that time and I strive to get that score. 1 point extra in listening can bump your score to 30+ points. You will be surprise to go from not eligible to eligible when you score very high in language test. Therefore make sure to excel in language test.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Last edited: