+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi,

My brother has bachelors (4 years)+completion of college level certificate(one semester)- now my question is is it possible for him to claim two or more certificates? I saw a few people got PPR with the same combination and after claiming two or more certificates with it but still is it risky? & even if he applies with it what might be his chance to get PPR? Experts pls share your views with me. it will really mean a lot. thanks
If his ECA report counts his education as a bachelor plus a certificate, then sure he can claim the points for two certificates, if not, then he cannot.
Post a screenshot of your ECA here if you are still confused about it (you an blur out the personal details).

Cee35

Oct 24, 2015
What kind of assistance do you exactly need? Be more specific. I am sure someone will help you out.

I have just started reading about the express entry process. Is it different from the PNP or once you apply for EE you are automatically added to PNP. Do I need to have a job offer and a RN license before I apply?

Esspee4real

Jan 11, 2017
Thanks for this beautiful information, very explicit.
Is it possible to create two profiles for my wife and I, each of us as primary applicant to increase our chances of receiving an ITA?

Krugman

May 19, 2019
Hello seniors,
I have a question related to my travel history. I stayed less than 6 months cumulatively within the Schengen zone while I was on a long term visa in 2015. The list includes Hungary, Slovenia, Poland. The country with the longed stay was Hungary- less than 2 months. How should I mention them in the personal history? Should I get a police report?

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo- Transferred to NewYork VO
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-04-2012 to NY Visa Office
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012; Sent to CIC on Aug 3. Received by CIC on Sep 5
Passport Req..
1-10-2012 - Email; Passports sent on Oct 26 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
5-11-2012 - Received passports on Nov 6 2012
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
Hey guys,

I am a veteran now. I am new to these rules. I read through the first post in this blog to get a handle of new process.

My sis and brother-in-law are applying for Canadian PR, they have received the ITA on April 18th. gathered all the docs except for employer letter. The manager at his employer is not providing a letter with detailed responsibilities. He is getting a standard letter about this employment and title with the company.

So, what are his options now? Some one please help.

Thanks,
Satya.

zeigney

May 23, 2019
NGR
Category........
PNP
Hi Bosses,
I hope someone respond to my question.
I just wrote my Language Test and concluded ECA. I want to apply for EE. I did a diploma in food Technology and I have had about 6 years working experience in a field different from my academic line.
The NOC I qualify for i.e NOC 2211 and its not agreeing with my experience as in banking NOC 0211 ( Business admin, banking and finance etc) are the requirements. Kindly advise if I'm good to apply for the NOC I qualify for or the one that is based on my working experience even when it does not agree with the academic requirements.

Looking forward receiving a good response.. Thanks all

Priyanka_27

Jun 1, 2019
Hello Friends,

I am planning for apply for PR and started with the process.
I have a doubt regarding the ECA assessment - Do we have to get only the latest educational degree assessed or all of the education ?
For Ex - For a person with highest education as bachelor degree , will have to get assessed only Bachelor degree certificates and marksheets, right ?
And a person with bachelors and MBA, have to get only MBA degree qualification assessed and not both of them.
Can someone please clarify.

Thanks a lot for your guidance !!

Best Regards
Priyanka_mh

Krugman

May 19, 2019
Dear friends,
Could you help me figure out this: Last time I lived in my country of origin/citizenship for at least 6 months in a row was 2013. Since then I visit for a few weeks every year. I am visiting there soon again on vacation. Can I get a police report while I am there or it should be issued after I leave it? Immigration website states the following:

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submityour application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

If I understood correctly, my home country is not where I live currently. Even when I will visit for a few weeks, it should not viewed as a place I will be living. The country where I am temporarily living on work visa is considered the country of current live. So my country of origin falls under the “any other country” category? If yes, then could I get the police report issued while I am there- it says “ after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row” which is any time after 2013?

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
What would be the available PNPs for an Accountant who has no job offer?

Thank you

Jane2019

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
What is the 'Complete/full academic years' of study for someone who completed their program part-time? Thanks in advance.

Jane2019

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Also, if anyone is able to help me with this as well, that would be much appreciated. I took courses at an institution before I enrolled in their degree program. I then counted these credits towards the degree. What would be the official start date of the program? Would it be the date I was accepted into the degree program or I first started taking credits there? Many thanks.