+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

muraleekrishnan

Jun 13, 2017
Hi Guys,

I got ITA and I am filling the forms and uploading documents.
In the upload documents sections "Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)", what all documents should I upload?

1. I have a home loan
2. I have a credit card
3. I have 2 savings bank accounts (I want to show the fund in one of these accounts for POF)
4. I have a mutual fund (I want to show this fund for POF)
5. Wife savings account (I want to show this fund for POF)
6. Wife's Fixed deposit (I want to show this fund for POF)

Following is mentioned as the instructions for this section

Code:
Express Entry - Permanent Residents

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
    list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
    be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
Appreciate your advise on this. Thanks.

link2gurdeep

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Hi Guys,

I got ITA and I am filling the forms and uploading documents.
In the upload documents sections "Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)", what all documents should I upload?

1. I have a home loan
2. I have a credit card
3. I have 2 savings bank accounts (I want to show the fund in one of these accounts for POF)
4. I have a mutual fund (I want to show this fund for POF)
5. Wife savings account (I want to show this fund for POF)
6. Wife's Fixed deposit (I want to show this fund for POF)

Following is mentioned as the instructions for this section

Code:
Express Entry - Permanent Residents

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
    list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
    be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
Appreciate your advise on this. Thanks.

Hello,

You will have to provide your financial statements that will include your liquid savings minus credit/home loans. In this you can jointly show your's and your wife's bank account statement. Note - mutual finds might not work however, balance in your account, Fixed deposit and PF will surely work.

If the Home loan and Credit Cards are from the same bank then I suggest you to show them. If not, you may skip them. Ask your bank to issue a statement which mentions your savings and outstanding debts. Home loan will not hinder your application. But make sure you have more than sufficient funds in your account.

hope this helps.

Reactions: muraleekrishnan

Amitchawla

Aug 15, 2017
India
Hi All,

For me, I need to send degree and CA Marksheets to WES. Transcript Marksheets will be send directly by ICAI to WES. Do I need to send copy of degree directly to WES or I need to send degree along with marksheet for transcription to ICAI and ICAI will directly send transcription along with copy of degree to WES?

Do I need to follow similar process for bachelor's degree wherein transcription is required from Panjab University?

Kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

paryant22

Mar 12, 2016
Hi all,

Need your help on the below query.

I have submitted my ITA application yesterday. My IELTS score is about to expire in Dec 5, 2017. I know that as I have submitted my ITA so my CIC score will not be affected. But my case is a bit different.

My wife got pregnant recently and due to this I have not done the X-ray test in medical examination (done all the remaining medical tests for my wife), as CIC provides a provision for pregnant women to do the X-ray test post delivery. I plan to do the X-ray medical test post delivery (expected Feb 2018).

My fear is that do I need to retake the IELTS test as the validity of my IELTS score will get over till the time of delivery? However, I have submitted the ITA and usually the IELTS score freezes once you submit your ITA application.

I am in two minds and not clear how should I go about this.

I request you all to please advise on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 25, 2017
Awesome! I had a question for some time and nobody (even the consultants) could address my concerns appropriately...herein you've furnished with a very handful information. Especially the links to CIC website for each segments authenticates your article...thanks a bulk!!!

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi all,

I have submitted my ITA application yesterday. My IELTS score is about to expire in Dec 5, 2017. I know that as I have submitted my ITA so my CIC score will not be affected. But my case is a bit different.

My wife got pregnant recently and due to this I have not done the X-ray test in medical examination (done all the remaining medical tests for my wife), as CIC provides a provision for pregnant women to do the X-ray test post delivery. I plan to do the X-ray medical test post delivery (expected Feb 2018).

My fear is that do I need to retake the IELTS test as the validity of my IELTS score will get over till the time of delivery? However, I have submitted the ITA and usually the IELTS score freezes once you submit your ITA application.

Thanks in advance.
You dont need to take IELTS again. Your profile is locked post ITA.

Amitchawla

Aug 15, 2017
India
Hi Guys,

Request for your urgent attention.

For me, I need to send degree and CA Marksheets to WES. Transcript Marksheets will be send directly by ICAI to WES. Do I need to send copy of degree directly to WES or I need to send degree along with marksheet for transcription to ICAI and ICAI will directly send transcription along with copy of degree to WES?

Do I need to follow similar process for bachelor's degree wherein transcription is required from Panjab University?

muraleekrishnan

Jun 13, 2017
Hello,

You will have to provide your financial statements that will include your liquid savings minus credit/home loans. In this you can jointly show your's and your wife's bank account statement. Note - mutual finds might not work however, balance in your account, Fixed deposit and PF will surely work.

If the Home loan and Credit Cards are from the same bank then I suggest you to show them. If not, you may skip them. Ask your bank to issue a statement which mentions your savings and outstanding debts. Home loan will not hinder your application. But make sure you have more than sufficient funds in your account.

hope this helps.
Mutual Funds won't work? For my Ontario nomination, I showed MF and there was no issues with it. Have they mentioned anywhere that MF is not acceptable?
My savings account (which I intent to show fund) and home loan are both from the same bank (HDFC) and my credit card is ICICI. As you said, I will not make any mention of my credit card. If I mention my home loan (which is 25 lakhs), do I have to show more funds than their standard amount?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
No, you do not have to retake the IETLS.

Reactions: paryant22

link2gurdeep

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Mutual Funds won't work? For my Ontario nomination, I showed MF and there was no issues with it. Have they mentioned anywhere that MF is not acceptable?
My savings account (which I intent to show fund) and home loan are both from the same bank (HDFC) and my credit card is ICICI. As you said, I will not make any mention of my credit card. If I mention my home loan (which is 25 lakhs), do I have to show more funds than their standard amount?
Hi,

I said earlier Home loan will not be an issue. However, in this forum, you can look for people who have home loans an still got PPR.

Even I have both home loan and credit card, but I didnt show anything except account statement and PF statement. I worked fine with me.

By sufficient amount I meant that for ex. you have to show 1000 bucks so I would recommmend to show a consistent balance of more 1000, even if your statement shows EMI going for home loan.

If you are worried, then another thing is to show your wife's account with sufficient funds to cross the bridge. You may transfer some of your money to her account, gift deed from parents or fixed deposits will surely work. For as long I have been studying the immigration process, I have an understanding that Mutual Funds are not considered as valid proof of funds.

Good luck!!

Reactions: muraleekrishnan

Amitchawla

Aug 15, 2017
India
Hello,

Mrnassaro

Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Gyus,

I just received ITA in the 70th draw. I have few questions regarding the invitation and the application:

1- For the Height and Eyes Color, Should we write what we know, or should we wait until the medicals and then copy the same?
2- For the address where you lived - I have been living all my life in Kuwait - Should I include any countries that I lived in for less than 6 months?

Reactions: Kamranghani