+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
I did my medical through one of the reputed panel physicians in my country. During the test, someone from the panel physician's clinic told me to write the UMI number on the IMM5419E form (medical report). That person also showed me the UMI number which I was supposed to write on the form. So I did. Now, I realized after getting my eMedical Upfront medical slip, the number she told me to write on my form is actually the UMI number for my spouse. (not mine). This is totally mistake done by her. In that case, anyone have any suggestions what CIC might do in such case?

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Hey, I just have a question that seems very simple but I have not been able to get a satisfactory answer. The question is that experience required for express entry needs to be post qualification or can be during qualification also.I have done Chartered Accountancy course that includes an inherent training/ article-ship for three years. So, now the question is that whether I can claim that experience or not.Please advise.

jassodhi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hey, I just have a question that seems very simple but I have not been able to get a satisfactory answer. The question is that experience required for express entry needs to be post qualification or can be during qualification also.I have done Chartered Accountancy course that includes an inherent training/ article-ship for three years. So, now the question is that whether I can claim that experience or not.Please advise.
hi,
if you go by the NOC codes (which you will eventually have to mention in your profile) your experience counts from the time you become qualified to practice that particular profession. that qualification can be either the attainment of a degree, completion of a course or obtaining a licence. I'm not sure how that works for a CA but I guess you need to complete the 'inherent training/articleship' to practice your profession.
but this is just my opinion.
Regards

simran.001

May 15, 2016
Visa Office......
New delhi
AOR Received.
30-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
It's an irrelevant question for this thread, but can anyone please advise if someone can get married after PPR or visa stamping ( before landing),
Please share your thoughts!!

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
hi,
if you go by the NOC codes (which you will eventually have to mention in your profile) your experience counts from the time you become qualified to practice that particular profession. that qualification can be either the attainment of a degree, completion of a course or obtaining a licence. I'm not sure how that works for a CA but I guess you need to complete the 'inherent training/articleship' to practice your profession.
but this is just my opinion.
Regards
Thanks a lot

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
I did my medical through one of the reputed panel physicians in my country. During the test, someone from the panel physician's clinic told me to write the UMI number on the IMM5419E form (medical report). That person also showed me the UMI number which I was supposed to write on the form. So I did. Now, I realized after getting my eMedical Upfront medical slip, the number she told me to write on my form is actually the UMI number for my spouse. (not mine). This is totally mistake done by her. In that case, anyone have any suggestions what CIC might do in such case?
You do not need IMM5419E if you have emedical slip with you. The IMM5419E form is for manual Medical center who are not submitting reports online to IRCC.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi Friends,

I am a single applicant and I have just around $12500 CAD to show against my POF. Will it be enough ? or my application would be much stronger if I can show a larger amount of money as a POF ? If it really does strengthen my case, I will try to arrange some extra amount as a gift deed.

Thank you so much for your reply.

link2gurdeep

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Hi Friends,

I am a single applicant and I have just around $12500 CAD to show against my POF. Will it be enough ? or my application would be much stronger if I can show a larger amount of money as a POF ? If it really does strengthen my case, I will try to arrange some extra amount as a gift deed.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Hi,

CAD $12500 will be just sufficient. Check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Though getting more than mentioned amount may not make your profile stronger but it certainly takes off chances of rejection due to "not sufficient" funds. My suggestions a couple of $1000 CAD more and i think u will be good....

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

Roxy04

Jul 18, 2016
Hi,

A quick question, Can I use a different account to evaluate my spouse's education from WES than the one I used for my evaluation.

Thanks

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi,

CAD $12500 will be just sufficient. Check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Though getting more than mentioned amount may not make your profile stronger but it certainly takes off chances of rejection due to "not sufficient" funds. My suggestions a couple of $1000 CAD more and i think u will be good....
Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. I ll follow your guideline and will add an another grand to the tally. thanks :)

Effer

Aug 1, 2017
1) Yes, you can, by all means, arrange for the funds before ITA.

2) A gift deed is an affidavit that is given by the person who gifted you the deed. It should mention that the money that has been given to you is an irrevocable gift and you are free to use it for any purpose.

3) "Borrow" or "Take a gift" ? ;) . If you are getting a gift from multiple people, then it is best to transfer all the funds into one account and then transfer that to your account. Multiple gift deeds would make your financial profile look weak. Transfer all the funds to one person (preferably parents) and then transfer that to your account and take a gift deed from your parents.

I got some money from parents and put it in a FD.. And this FD is not even a month old.. I plan to apply the moment registrations open again.. Do I still need a gift deed and if yes cam you help with a template?

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

A quick question, Can I use a different account to evaluate my spouse's education from WES than the one I used for my evaluation.

Thanks
Normally each person will use a different account to do their own evaluation, is common sense.