+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

Can anyone who has applied under NOC Code:2147 Or Engineer, please help me?

I want to prepare an experience letter and sign it with my supervisor,will that be enough?What other documents do I need?Do I need a letter from HR and salary certificate?

I was working as an Assistant System Engineer and then got promoted to System Engineer.Do I mention it in my experience letter or just write about the current position?

I would be obliged if anyone can share there experience letter or just the part about the responsibilities how they have written in their Experience letter.

Thank you in advance for answering my queries.

Regards
Lifehack

kyle1024

Mar 28, 2017
Hello!

I went to the police service for the Criminal Record...the lady asked me do I want a normal Criminal Record or the one with a finger print (Paper or Electronic)....I went for the basic one....

Seems I made a mistake there....

so do I need a fingerprint for the Criminal Record? If need..which one??

Thanks!

canadabus

Apr 9, 2017
Hello. This is regarding the police clearance certificates.

i have lived in the USA before. Hence i need to apply for a FBI police clearance certificate as well. The fingerprinting for the same can be done through the passport office in India. Is that right?

Thanks.

BasitBangash

Apr 5, 2016
Dear All

In my document check list, they have not asked or provided uploading link for digital photo of my non accompanying daughter but on the official website they say that dependent/non accompanying children's photo should also be uploaded.

For expert advice please...

Thank you

BasitBangash

Apr 5, 2016
Dear All

In my document check list, they have not asked or provided uploading link for digital photo of my non accompanying daughter but on the official website they say that dependent/non accompanying children's photo should also be uploaded.

For expert advice please...

Thank you

bints

May 13, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hello guys,

I have a doubt.

I received the ITA on March 24, 2017. I am the primary applicant and I am pregnant with due date in mid of April which is near. Till now, we haven't added any informaion in express entry profile about the pregnancy or baby. But now we are thinking to apply for PR with the baby documents. So we are confused if we should add baby's information in E-APR? If yes, we have to wait until my delivery and add all the information again. Here, another question is do they give the option to add more dependents in E-APR if not added in EE profile? If not, we might have to attach an LOE explaining the whole scenario. In this case, where we will upload baby's passport and other documents?

Please suggest which is the better way to proceed.

Thanks,

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
TanakaM said:
Hi,

I'm sorry that you were a victim of the changes. At the same time, a large number of people feel it is now a fairer system that it was before.

Anyway, to answer your question, you have to work on your human capital skills. Re-take IELTS to improve your scores (at least L8 R7 W7 S7), improve education (get a masters degree), increase work experience (3years+ experience will significantly improve your points).

These suggestions are by no means exhaustive, therefore there may be more way for you to increase your points.

All the best
Thank you for your informative reply, I realise that even with job offer and low crs score less than 390 points, a person might not get work visa

Amaoge

Mar 31, 2017
Hi,

Please is there a particular format for writing the reference letters (showing work experience) from past and present employers, for e.g. Who should it be addressed to etc.

BasitBangash

Apr 5, 2016
Amaoge said:
Hi,

Please is there a particular format for writing the reference letters (showing work experience) from past and present employers, for e.g. Who should it be addressed to etc.
There is no specific format for reference letter. Anything will work provided it covers all the required elements. Some seniors have shared samples on this forum too. Normally it starts as To Whom It May Concern. Hope it helps

PortuGoan

Apr 9, 2017
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum. I have a question that you might be able to answer.

My girlfriend and I are trying to start our Express Entry profiles but her Come to Canada Tool simulation says "you appear to be ineligible". I do not know how is this possible since she:
- is under 30 years old
- holds a Master degree recognized by WES
- has more than three years of skilled work experience (Outside Canada)
- has IELTS Results above the 6 threshold: Listening 7 / Reading 6,5 / Writing 6,5 / Speaking 6 ---- Overall 6,5
- does not have a job offer.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Best regards

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PortuGoan said:
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum. I have a question that you might be able to answer.

My girlfriend and I are trying to start our Express Entry profiles but her Come to Canada Tool simulation says "you appear to be ineligible". I do not know how is this possible since she:
- is under 30 years old
- holds a Master degree recognized by WES
- has more than three years of skilled work experience (Outside Canada)
- has IELTS Results above the 6 threshold: Listening 7 / Reading 6,5 / Writing 6,5 / Speaking 6 ---- Overall 6,5
- does not have a job offer.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Best regards
how much did you put in funds ? needs to be more than 13k i think

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
I have a query.

My spouse Got ITA on 5th April 2017. I am not accompanying her. This information I am mentioning in EE profile; pre & post ITA.
Is CIC will raise red flag for this?

Please guide!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JackMa said:
I have a query.

My spouse Got ITA on 5th April 2017. I am not accompanying her. This information I am mentioning in EE profile; pre & post ITA.
Is CIC will raise red flag for this?

Please guide!
of course it raises a red flag - why arent you accompanying her ?

You need to give a proper explanation in LOE when submitting documents,

FYI - you will still need to give PCC letter, undergo medical checks and your spouse has to show funding for 2 dependents (provided you dnt have children) whether you accompany her or not

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
thestunner316 said:
of course it raises a red flag - why arent you accompanying her ?

You need to give a proper explanation in LOE when submitting documents,

FYI - you will still need to give PCC letter, undergo medical checks and your spouse has to show funding for 2 dependents (provided you dnt have children) whether you accompany her or not
thanks my friend.
I am in a contract assignment in India. I have furnished an employment bond for this to my employer. Will it help?