Express Entry in a nutshell

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sivapras said:
Hello Experts,

I need clarification regarding how to give experience details in Express Entry profile. I have overall 13 Years of IT experience from 4 employers.

From Jun 2010 - till date --> current company
Feb 2006- Jun 2010 -> company 3
Oct 2005 -Feb 2006 -> company 2
Feb 2004- Sep 2005-> company 1

1. Do I need to provide all these experience in Express Entry profile. Or only Last 10 years is suffice.
2. I have reliving and service letters from all these companies. I can get responsibilities letter from my current employer .Also I got responsibilities letter from my previous employer in March 2016. But this letter is addressing to OINP. I thought i can get OINP and requested the letter. is this letter from my last company is valid for CIC purpose if i get ITA in next draw or should i request a new one.
3. I don't know whether i get responsibilities letter from company 1 and company2.

Please clarify me.
In the work history just include your current job (as the maximum points you get is for 3 or more years).
The rest (10 years before now) you can mention in the personal history, after ITA.

ameerbil

Feb 10, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
Hi Everyone,

Could you please suggest when is the next expected Express Entry CIC draw date, as I am hoping to get my ITA this time as my current score is 428 and recent draw on 1st March had 434 as the cut off score, so based on the historicals if the score drops 6 point as it has been in the past, then I should get through.
However, I would like to know expected draw date so I can be prepared for it.
My guess is 15th or 16th March based on historicals, though would like to get someone to cross confirm on the same.

Thank you for all your help.

Regards,
Ameer

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Hi all,
Quick question for those of us that have done freelance work in the past.

I've obtained all the reference letters from my employers for the last 10 years BUT there was a period after my Masters
where I was freelancing for 2/3 companies working on stand alone projects for about 4-5 months before I got a permanent job.

A lot of these people I have worked with have moved on to different organisations or disappeared all together.

1) Would it be accepted to approach these organisation using proof of work done with their ex employees / superiors and asking for a 1 page letter confirming the project was done?
Alternatively would I approach these ex employees and ask them to please sign a reference letter based on the project work and include their current business cards? Then get this notarised?

2) I'm currently unemployed and have been looking for work seriously for the past 3 months. My Dad passed away suddenly in Jan 2016 and I worked briefly from March to June 2016
but majority of time was spent settling my Dad's estate and going to court to sort out legalities and being the main support for my Mum at home.
Do you think CIC would accept all email correspondence with the Fortune 500s I have applied to work with in that time till now to show I was looking for work but unable to obtain
it because of personal circumstances and due to these companies being unable to meet my current salary? I have emails inviting me for interviews for some and others confirmation
Ive applied to the role and others emails from the interviewer explaining why they cant hire me. Or is this too much info / not of interest to CIC?

Any feedback would be much appreciated as I couldn't explain the gap in employment otherwise.

Feb 1, 2016
Pittsburgh, United States
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends:

I am an Indian Citizen and currently a resident of US.
I have been in US since June 2011 however I did visit India on a vacation twice for 5 weeks each. So under my travel history, should I mention
10 June 2011 - Till Date USA
Or
10 June 2011 - 5th Sept 2013 USA
6th Sept 2013 - 15th Oct 2013 India (5 Weeks approx)
16th Oct 2013 - 15th Sept 2016 USA
16th Sept 2016 - 31st Oct 2016 India (5 Weeks approx)
1st Nov 2016 - Till date USA

Any suggestions, which one is the right way?

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
checkmimails@gmail.com said:
Hello Friends:

I am an Indian Citizen and currently a resident of US.
I have been in US since June 2011 however I did visit India on a vacation twice for 5 weeks each. So under my travel history, should I mention
10 June 2011 - Till Date USA
Or
6th Sept 2013 - 15th Oct 2013 India (5 Weeks approx)
16th Sept 2016 - 31st Oct 2016 India (5 Weeks approx)

Any suggestions, which one is the right way?

Thanks
Hi,

My understanding is that when traveling between your home country and any other country, the journey begins when you leave your home country and ends when you return.

I would enter it this way:

All the best.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
ameerbil said:
Hi Everyone,

Could you please suggest when is the next expected Express Entry CIC draw date, as I am hoping to get my ITA this time as my current score is 428 and recent draw on 1st March had 434 as the cut off score, so based on the historicals if the score drops 6 point as it has been in the past, then I should get through.
However, I would like to know expected draw date so I can be prepared for it.
My guess is 15th or 16th March based on historicals, though would like to get someone to cross confirm on the same.

Thank you for all your help.

Regards,
Ameer
Hi,

I agree with your prediction. It is normally every 2 weeks so the 15th is the likely date.

Look for a thread called Ray of Hope 57.

Best of luck.

khalid989

Mar 11, 2017
Hello guys,

I am new to this thread and needed some clarification regarding the FSW and PNP programs.

I have a total CRS score of 408 in the express entry pool and my profile was submitted in November 2016.

Based on the recent express entry draws, do you guys anticipate that the minimum cut off would reach the 400 mark within the next few months?

Also, my profile has been submitted as FSW and the PNP details show as "Not Met". Would I have the option to switch the FSW to PNP option (for instance, the Ontario Nominee Program) later on in coming months if the cut off does not seem to drop to the 400 mark?

I am sorry I am not very clear on this - would really appreciate if anyone could help.

Regards,

Khalid

Feb 1, 2016
Pittsburgh, United States
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
Hi,

My understanding is that when traveling between your home country and any other country, the journey begins when you leave your home country and ends when you return.

I would enter it this way:

All the best.
Thanks, appreciate it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mayfrias --> Your inbox is full. Please make sure you have space when you send a PM and are expecting a reply. Thanks.

Mayfrias said:
Thank you for this info sir.. sorry late reply, we've been checking our options in migrating to Canada. Would like to ask another question though.. What is Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC)? What are the criteria or qualifications and how can apply as FSWC? I really appreciate your help and understanding. Thank you
FSWP is Federal Skilled Worker Program. It is one of the economic immigration programs that is administered under Express Entry. To be eligible, you should score at least 67 points out of 100 in the FSW points grid.

Check the below link -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Please go through the links and get back if you have any questions.

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Hi Friends,

Could someone please help me to advise on 2 things am worried about.

I've been working in Canada close to 3 years now under ICT. I got my ITA under CEC on Dec 22nd and submitted the PR application on Feb 05th. I've utilized the 50 points that CRA has offered for the people with valid job offers which is exempt from LMIA. My WP expires on 14th April, 2018, so is my job offer validity.

1.) Now I read below in CIC websites which states that the job offer should be valid for atleast a year from the time CIC issues a permanent resident visa. I don't think CIC will be able to make a final decision by April 13th 2017 and also I need get my PCC from Sigapore which would take another 1 month.

So I wanted to know if my application gets rejected or CIC will consider it.

A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit.
A job offer from an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada does not count as valid.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

. made by one employer
. for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
. for work that is:
a. for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
b. not seasonal, and
. in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

. you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

a. are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
b. have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
c. have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

2.) My company has called for relocation and I've requested an extension till end of May this year. So, do I need to inform CIC that am leaving the country? or just be silent.
And what if I resigns my current company and be in Canada until a final decision is made and if all going well and the application gets approved, I can stay back.

Request seniors/anyone in this group help me as worried alot.

Thanks in Advance.

My Application status:
Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Note: Please don't mind seeing my post in couple of threads as am not sure who can clarify me.

ravs77

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Friends any idea, if we have to withdraw previously EE profile before creating a new profile OR we can create first a new one and then withdraw the old one ?

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Minx said:
Hi all,
Quick question for those of us that have done freelance work in the past.

I've obtained all the reference letters from my employers for the last 10 years BUT there was a period after my Masters
where I was freelancing for 2/3 companies working on stand alone projects for about 4-5 months before I got a permanent job.

A lot of these people I have worked with have moved on to different organisations or disappeared all together.

1) Would it be accepted to approach these organisation using proof of work done with their ex employees / superiors and asking for a 1 page letter confirming the project was done?
Alternatively would I approach these ex employees and ask them to please sign a reference letter based on the project work and include their current business cards? Then get this notarised?

2) I'm currently unemployed and have been looking for work seriously for the past 3 months. My Dad passed away suddenly in Jan 2016 and I worked briefly from March to June 2016
but majority of time was spent settling my Dad's estate and going to court to sort out legalities and being the main support for my Mum at home.
Do you think CIC would accept all email correspondence with the Fortune 500s I have applied to work with in that time till now to show I was looking for work but unable to obtain
it because of personal circumstances and due to these companies being unable to meet my current salary? I have emails inviting me for interviews for some and others confirmation
Ive applied to the role and others emails from the interviewer explaining why they cant hire me. Or is this too much info / not of interest to CIC?

Any feedback would be much appreciated as I couldn't explain the gap in employment otherwise.
HELP with this ANYONE? Need some guidance. Much appreciated thank you!!

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
ravs77 said:
Friends any idea, if we have to withdraw previously EE profile before creating a new profile OR we can create first a new one and then withdraw the old one ?
First Withdraw existing one and create new after.
Register with job-bank to validate.

gpsingh12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
Hello Guys,

I work with an MNC, and can only get reference letter from the online tool of my company.
We don't get any stamped letters but a digitally signed letter from HR.

The main issue is that, it only mentions your name, designation, date of joining and date of relieving/currently working but it doesn't provide any details regarding Roles and Responsibilities and its strictly written in the company website that only this information will be provided for reference letter and nothing else.

is there any way around and does CIC entertain that ?

Will highly appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

My work experience is as follows:
Employer A - 1 year with NOC X
Employer B - 1 year with NOC Y

I am currently working for Employer B and I do not wish to claim points for that. so do I have to state that in the EE profile? can I just ignore Employer B? will this be a problem as I would need to explain the reason for unemployment if I do not disclose employer B???