+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

dhruvmehtani

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hey Seniors,

I have a question:

I was refused PR application last month due to PCC from Delhi police. Now, I have received it from passport office and a new ITA from CIC.

While answering the following statutory questions, should I reply yes or no? Should I do the same for myself and for my spouse? She is not accompanying.

1. Has Dhruv been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2.Has Dhruv ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am in need of some advice. I was at 405 points until March 1 I got bumped up to 430. This was due to my foreign work experience which is actually 2 yrs and 11 months. The full 3 yrs will be on April 7 2017. The question is, if I get an ITA on March 15 would it be safe to apply for PR?

Note: I did 1 yr and 6 months at previous job 40 hrs a week
I currently have 1 yr and 5 months at current job

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Shivanker said:
Hi Seniors,

My work experience is as follows:
Employer A - 1 year with NOC X
Employer B - 1 year with NOC Y

I am currently working for Employer B and I do not wish to claim points for that. so do I have to state that in the EE profile? can I just ignore Employer B? will this be a problem as I would need to explain the reason for unemployment if I do not disclose employer B???
Hi,

You only need to enter what you are claiming points for in the EE profile. Post ITA you can enter your current employment in the personal history section of your PR application. No evidence is required in this section. Alternatively, you can base you application on previous experience, like you wish to do. You will not be asked to explain why you have been unemployed.

All the best

dholhin1

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-05-2017
Is it safe to apply with non-accompanying spouse option while keeping marital status Married?
Is there any risk of being consider as misrepresentation? (It should not as i'm not misleading them)
Thank you for your time.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
dholhin1 said:
Is it safe to apply with non-accompanying spouse option while keeping marital status Married?
Is there any risk of being consider as misrepresentation? (It should not as i'm not misleading them)
Thank you for your time.
Hi,

There is no risk as this is not misrepresentation at all. All you will be saying is I am married but my spouse is not coming with me.

All the best

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
santoshreddyc said:
Hi Friends,

Could someone please help me to advise on 2 things am worried about.

I've been working in Canada close to 3 years now under ICT. I got my ITA under CEC on Dec 22nd and submitted the PR application on Feb 05th. I've utilized the 50 points that CRA has offered for the people with valid job offers which is exempt from LMIA. My WP expires on 14th April, 2018, so is my job offer validity.

1.) Now I read below in CIC websites which states that the job offer should be valid for atleast a year from the time CIC issues a permanent resident visa. I don't think CIC will be able to make a final decision by April 13th 2017 and also I need get my PCC from Sigapore which would take another 1 month.

So I wanted to know if my application gets rejected or CIC will consider it.

A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit.
A job offer from an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada does not count as valid.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

. made by one employer
. for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
. for work that is:
a. for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
b. not seasonal, and
. in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

. you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

a. are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
b. have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
c. have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

2.) My company has called for relocation and I've requested an extension till end of May this year. So, do I need to inform CIC that am leaving the country? or just be silent.
And what if I resigns my current company and be in Canada until a final decision is made and if all going well and the application gets approved, I can stay back.

Request seniors/anyone in this group help me as worried alot.

Thanks in Advance.

My Application status:
Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Note: Please don't mind seeing my post in couple of threads as am not sure who can clarify me.
Hi Seniors,

Could someone please suggest me. Thanks.

arunkumarsachin

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Hi Team,

I have received NOI from Ontario on 27th Feb. Just want to confirm that the current EE profile where I got NOI is valid or not. Considering CRS reduction, I am hoping that there is a chance to get ITA directly. So, in this case, do I need to create new EE profile or I can use the existing one.

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
Hi,

You only need to enter what you are claiming points for in the EE profile. Post ITA you can enter your current employment in the personal history section of your PR application. No evidence is required in this section. Alternatively, you can base you application on previous experience, like you wish to do. You will not be asked to explain why you have been unemployed.

All the best
Thanks a lot

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Has anyone got an ECA evaluation for CIMA from any other organization other than WES.

WES is taking ages and their customer service is significantly poor

Aspiring CA

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am the Principal Applicant, do i have to get an ECA for my spouse? He only finished secondary schooling..

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

Can someone answer my queries:

For EE Application I know the only requirement is IELTS result and ECA Reference Number.

In the application do I need to fill in if I have relatives in Canada? I have an aunt(my Mother's Sister who is a Resident there and also I had another aunt who died who was a citizen but her children my cousins are citizens. So if I fill in in my relatives what papers do I need to show and if I am unable to show them can I drop their names?Do relatives add any extra value to my application?

Also the WES hard copy I have received do I need to keep it sealed or can I open it?

Thank you in advance to answer my queries.

Regards
Lifehack

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Aspiring CA said:
I am the Principal Applicant, do i have to get an ECA for my spouse? He only finished secondary schooling..
Not mandatory.

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi,

Is it alright if i enter NO for "Does XXX XXXXX have any work history?" and enter all the details in Personal History, as i am not claiming points for my spouse's work experience.

I m an FSW Outland and my spouse don't get points for work, unless its a Canadian work experience.

Am i doing it right?

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Aspiring CA said:
Just make sure you move his education to personal history so that the system won't ask you to upload anything for it. In fact, if it is more than 10 years old don't include it in personal history as well and just explain this in the LOE.

All the best