+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

durag

Oct 26, 2016
Hi everyone, apologies if this has been asked before but I have two questions regarding setting up my profile under express entry to apply for ITA.

I am currently in Canada on a two year IEC work visa.

In Application and Profile details, under Immigration history and citizenships, it asks me if I have ever applied to immigration, refugee and citizenship Canada before. Does the IEC visa count as applying? Do I select yes or no here? I have never applied for express entry or anything previously.

Under work history, for my current job in Canada, it asks me which of the category's does my job fall under?

-No work permit required
-Work permit required, no LMIA required
-Work permit required and LMIA required

Like I said I am here on the 2 year IEC work visa, applied for a job and I got it. I am not sure which of the top two to select as I need a work permit to work in Canada obviously but my current job did not state that a work permit was required for the job.

Thanks in advance!

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hi guys,
I received ITA today! but I have a question: I and my husband are finishing up our Phds. While filling out the form, we entered our M.A. degrees but not our Phds because we were able to get ECA reports for only our M.A degrees. Should we include our current studies while updating our profile? We have been working as T.As for three years. I read somewhere that it is better not to include your degree if you don't have ECA report for it. Please help! Thank you!

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
babilon said:
Hi guys,
I received ITA today! but I have a question: I and my husband are finishing up our Phds. While filling out the form, we entered our M.A. degrees but not our Phds because we were able to get ECA reports for only our M.A degrees. Should we include our current studies while updating our profile? We have been working as T.As for three years. I read somewhere that it is better not to include your degree if you don't have ECA report for it. Please help! Thank you!
If you have got ITA points based on MA degree then its better to just upload ECA for that.

budhirar

Apr 23, 2016
Please suggest.
I got ITA yesterday. Cheesy
I want to understand
1) How soon can we do medical? There are some changes in rule which i don't understand.
2) What exactly to do for medical?
3) How much times does it take from filing application to final PR.

Thanks in advance.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
budhirar said:
Please suggest.
I got ITA yesterday. Cheesy
I want to understand
1) How soon can we do medical? There are some changes in rule which i don't understand.
2) What exactly to do for medical?
3) How much times does it take from filing application to final PR.

Thanks in advance.
Mate I already responded to you in the other thread.

Pinkhead

Aug 21, 2016
Hello All!

I received my ita in November and submitted my application on 7dec.

I know they say six months, but practically in your experiences, how long have you seen immigration get back on average for a single application?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pinkhead said:
Hello All!

I received my ita in November and submitted my application on 7dec.

I know they say six months, but practically in your experiences, how long have you seen immigration get back on average for a single application?

Thanks
6 months.

mzeeshanvs

Feb 4, 2017
I need help...
I have eca with Dual Bachelor degree (4 years)

B. Design= 4 Years
Bcom+2 year

But when i am filling my EE profile I didnt find the option for 2 or more certificate/degree...
what should i do?

add 2 educational records seperately and fill the same eca reference number ??
help me please...

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Well if WES clearly classified them as 2 degrees then yes you add a second record and use the same ECA ref.
However, my Undergraduate degree was a joint honors degree in Marketing and International Tourism Management and WES classified it as the equivalent of 1 Canadian Bachelors Degree. If that is the case with yours you should only enter 1 record.

Hope this helps.

mzeeshanvs

Feb 4, 2017
TanakaM said:
Well if WES clearly classified them as 2 degrees then yes you add a second record and use the same ECA ref.
However, my Undergraduate degree was a joint honors degree in Marketing and International Tourism Management and WES classified it as the equivalent of 1 Canadian Bachelors Degree. If that is the case with your you should only enter 1 record.

Hope this helps.

brijesh_shivnani

Nov 11, 2016
Hi Everyone,

congratulations to all who got ITA yesterday. I am also among the lucky ones :)

Have few queries regarding the Post ITA form.

1) In EE form I answered "NO" to having a relative in Canada( though I have my brother there but I am not claiming nay points so)
In PR form when you provide your family details it asks the same question again and also about family members.. their country and city of Residence.

If I answer "NO" again being consistent and then provide details about my brother's residence (Canada). It raises question.
If I answer "YES" and then provide details about my brother's residence (Canada). It would be contradicting to what I said in EE form.

Please suggest what to do.

2) In Address history section. What if you don't remember the addresses you have lived in. Is providing just the city and country sufficient?

Regards
Brijesh

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
brijesh_shivnani said:
Hi Everyone,

congratulations to all who got ITA yesterday. I am also among the lucky ones :)

Have few queries regarding the Post ITA form.

1) In EE form I answered "NO" to having a relative in Canada( though I have my brother there but I am not claiming nay points so)
In PR form when you provide your family details it asks the same question again and also about family members.. their country and city of Residence.

If I answer "NO" again being consistent and then provide details about my brother's residence (Canada). It raises question.
If I answer "YES" and then provide details about my brother's residence (Canada). It would be contradicting to what I said in EE form.

Please suggest what to do.

2) In Address history section. What if you don't remember the addresses you have lived in. Is providing just the city and country sufficient?

Regards
Brijesh
Please don't double post! Pick a thread and stick to it... here is your answer!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html;msg5764869#msg5764869

mzeeshanvs

Feb 4, 2017
HI again,
my NOC in 5241- Graphic Designer
I need help while creating EE profile, in work occupation section there is a disclaimer,
If the "primary occupation" is:
a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)

i started my job in 2009 and while in the first year of university. i did 6-week Graphic design course before joining. after that i did bachelor of design and completed my degree in 2013. so what should i answer for the above-highlighted question. 2009 or 2013 ? as this field do not require the degree as major qualification.

Description for Employment requirements for NOC 5241
A university degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art, graphic communications or cartooning
or
Completion of a college diploma program in graphic arts is required.
Experience or training in multimedia design at a post-secondary, college or technical institution may be required.
In addition to the arts, training in biology, engineering, architecture or a scientific field is usually required for medical, technical and scientific illustrators.
Creative ability and artistic talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, are required for graphic designers and illustrators.

Kindly help me with this...

Wwebmaster

Dec 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Everyone,
I have a question.
I received the ITA yesterday and I am planning to back hone next month.
If I get the PCC now and go back home next month will it be still valid after my visit.
or I have to get the PCC again?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
mzeeshanvs said:
HI again,
my NOC in 5241- Graphic Designer
I need help while creating EE profile, in work occupation section there is a disclaimer,
If the "primary occupation" is:
a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)

i started my job in 2009 and while in the first year of university. i did 6-week Graphic design course before joining. after that i did bachelor of design and completed my degree in 2013. so what should i answer for the above-highlighted question. 2009 or 2013 ? as this field do not require the degree as major qualification.

Description for Employment requirements for NOC 5241
A university degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art, graphic communications or cartooning
or
Completion of a college diploma program in graphic arts is required.
Experience or training in multimedia design at a post-secondary, college or technical institution may be required.
In addition to the arts, training in biology, engineering, architecture or a scientific field is usually required for medical, technical and scientific illustrators.
Creative ability and artistic talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, are required for graphic designers and illustrators.

Kindly help me with this...
Well, if you follow the instructions literally you should put 2013, as your 6 wk course does not count as a college diploma or university degree.

Is this Canadian Work Experience ou Foreign Work Experience?

If it's Canadian then I think you can only claim WE from 2013. If it's foreign then I think you can claim from 2009 as I've seen many people say that the minimum education requirements only count towards claiming Ex in Canada, not abroad.

To be on the safe side I'd put down 2013 an claim from 2013 onwards until someone else who is 100% tells you that you can claim from 2009... Independent of when you start claiming Ex, the date on that field should be 2013.