+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sidlims said:
Hello House,
I just got a news from a friend that Canada has approved a Lottery Visa like that of the United States and that it would commence from 1st of March, 2017.
I want to know if that's true please.
Thanks
There is no such program.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/01/30/be-warned-canada-has-no-visa-lottery-program-johnson-babalola

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
I have received ITA again(I had to decline the first one). I have started my application. I see my ITA is valid till 22nd April 2017. However, my provincial nomination is set to expire on 26th March, and IELTS on 28th March. So What will be my actual deadline for submitting application- date before provincial nomination expires, or date before IELTS expires. If after receiving ITA, provincial nomination deadline does not matter, I plan to retake IELTS to buy some more time.

Please suggest.

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello

I worked in Afghanistan for two years and applied for PCC at their embassy in Delhi on Sep/30/2016. But even after four months I dont have anything. I do have the cash receipt of the fees I paid at the embassy.

My ITA came 11 Jan 2017 so the 90 days time period ends 10/April/2017.

Should I wait till end of 90 days before filing my application? Can I not ask the CIC to waive this PCC requirement as it is already more than four months and I have tried multiple contacts but no help. And no one knows if and when it comes at all...

I have email from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan saying they cannot ttell me how long it will take. So then again does it not make a case to send the applicaiton now and then submit pcc later if it comes? Anyone knows anything liks this? or should i strictly wait for the 90 days period after receiving the ITA?

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends
Greetings!

I am currently in the EE pool with CRS 388. Booked another IELTS date as i narrowly missed CBL 9 in my last one. I have double master's degree from Ireland. Earned from two different colleges. 1st completed in 2010 MSc in International Business Management and 2nd degree completed in 2015 MBA. I have ECA for my first degree but not for the second one.

Now i am in a proper dilemma. The eligibility requirement according to CIC - "A university degree or college diploma in human resources management or a related field, such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology". My first degree is specialized in Business Management however my second degree is Business Administration as indicated by the title of degree itself. The subjects i studied in my first degree which qualifies me to work as a HR professionals, i studied those subjects in my second degree as well. In a nutshell, both degrees are basically the same.

Should i do the ECA for my second master's, i.e, Master of Business Administration just because of the requirement for the NOC. However it also says "related field, such as business administration". I have already contacted WES, waiting for response. I have no problem spending couple 100 dollar to do that. The problem is my college where i completed my second degree. They are very un co-operative even when you go talk to them in the college. My application was returned twice by CIC when i applied in 2014, first time i did not include documents mentioning my duties and responsibilities for the occupation i applied for. And secondly, the quota was full by the time my application reached to their shore. So i do not want to take any chances. Immigration officers can reject or return application for smallest of the error.

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
KK

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Ndya90 said:
My spouse has relatives in Canada. Should I mention that as he s the accompanying applicant ?
You can, if the relatives meet the criteria mentioned here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=699&top=29

sohim001

Jan 14, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
Send a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) and attach your PCC
Thank you for your response, can I have the official link as well, whenever I google it comes with a page where there is no attachment option.

Thanks a lot in advance.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
KingKurly said:
Dear friends
Greetings!

I am currently in the EE pool with CRS 388. Booked another IELTS date as i narrowly missed CBL 9 in my last one. I have double master's degree from Ireland. Earned from two different colleges. 1st completed in 2010 MSc in International Business Management and 2nd degree completed in 2015 MBA. I have ECA for my first degree but not for the second one.

Now i am in a proper dilemma. The eligibility requirement according to CIC - "A university degree or college diploma in human resources management or a related field, such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology". My first degree is specialized in Business Management however my second degree is Business Administration as indicated by the title of degree itself. The subjects i studied in my first degree which qualifies me to work as a HR professionals, i studied those subjects in my second degree as well. In a nutshell, both degrees are basically the same.

Should i do the ECA for my second master's, i.e, Master of Business Administration just because of the requirement for the NOC. However it also says "related field, such as business administration". I have already contacted WES, waiting for response. I have no problem spending couple 100 dollar to do that. The problem is my college where i completed my second degree. They are very un co-operative even when you go talk to them in the college. My application was returned twice by CIC when i applied in 2014, first time i did not include documents mentioning my duties and responsibilities for the occupation i applied for. And secondly, the quota was full by the time my application reached to their shore. So i do not want to take any chances. Immigration officers can reject or return application for smallest of the error.

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
KK
One MASTER degree is enough, two will not get you any more points. So as long as your ECA for you first masters actually says it's equivalent to a Masters in Canada you're fine, don't bother with the second one.

Tmehta

Feb 1, 2017
Hi

I am going for WES to get ECA, I have done my Graduation, Post Graduation and Masters from difference Universities. My query is as per the WES Doc Guidelines for India, I am to provide;

1. Degree Certificate
2. Transcripts in sealed envelops as per the specifications given.

Please advice is it must to get the Degree to be in the sealed envelope too. I don't think so as that's not specified in the WES guidelines anywhere.

Looking forward to reliable response.

Thanks in advance
Toshi

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Tmehta said:
Hi

I am going for WES to get ECA, I have done my Graduation, Post Graduation and Masters from difference Universities. My query is as per the WES Doc Guidelines for India, I am to provide;

1. Degree Certificate
2. Transcripts in sealed envelops as per the specifications given.

Please advice is it must to get the Degree to be in the sealed envelope too. I don't think so as that's not specified in the WES guidelines anywhere.

Looking forward to reliable response.

Thanks in advance
Toshi
WES only requires that the transcripts be in a sealed envelope. In my case I just sent them a simple copy of the degree.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
One MASTER degree is enough, two will not get you any more points. So as long as your ECA for you first masters actually says it's equivalent to a Masters in Canada you're fine, don't bother with the second one.
Hi g126
Thank you very much for your advice. I know I will not get any extra points. I am just concerned that if the cic officer will not recognize that business management graduates can perform HR profession by qualifications although business administration and business management is basically the same degree and qualifications. It's just the employment requirement says related degree as business administration. I can't leave it for them to decide as if they feel it's not, that's all it takes for them to reject my application again.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
KingKurly said:
Hi g126
Thank you very much for your advice. I know I will not get any extra points. I am just concerned that if the cic officer will not recognize that business management graduates can perform HR profession by qualifications although business administration and business management is basically the same degree and qualifications. It's just the employment requirement says related degree as business administration. I can't leave it for them to decide as if they feel it's not, that's all it takes for them to reject my application again.
The CIC officer will judge whether or not you can perform what ever NOC profession you have chosen by the reference letters you submit and not by your education. Obviously, if you say you're a medical doctor and only have a degree in fine arts then there may be grounds for concerns, but this clearly isn't your case.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
The CIC officer will judge whether or not you can perform what ever NOC profession you have chosen by the reference letters you submit and not by your education. Obviously, if you say you're a medical doctor and only have a degree in fine arts then there may be grounds for concerns, but this clearly isn't your case.
Hello again
That actually makes world of sense. Much appreciated. Obrigado :) I assume you are originally from Brazil. I would like to bother you with a work related question if you don't mind.

In order to be in the pool I have inserted work commencement date of my primary occupation Oct 15. However i started working in May 2016. As my CRS is still very low and ielts date on March 4. I am expecting I will complete 1 year before my CRS will be close to getting ITA. My plan is to change the work commencement date immediately after its 1 year. Do you think it's going to cause any problems later if I made constant changes like that pre-ITA? Even if I get ITA now which is almost impossible unless CIC starts to invite 8000 applications per draw, my HR manager will make the commencement date as per my requirements. However, I wish I don't have to ask my HR manager to do that. Once again, I highly appreciate your input. Thank you very much in advance. Good day :)
Regards
KK

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
KingKurly said:
Hello again
That actually makes world of sense. Much appreciated. Obrigado :) I assume you are originally from Brazil. I would like to bother you with a work related question if you don't mind.

In order to be in the pool I have inserted work commencement date of my primary occupation Oct 15. However i started working in May 2016. As my CRS is still very low and ielts date on March 4. I am expecting I will complete 1 year before my CRS will be close to getting ITA. My plan is to change the work commencement date immediately after its 1 year. Do you think it's going to cause any problems later if I made constant changes like that pre-ITA? Even if I get ITA now which is almost impossible unless CIC starts to invite 8000 applications per draw, my HR manager will make the commencement date as per my requirements. However, I wish I don't have to ask my HR manager to do that. Once again, I highly appreciate your input. Thank you very much in advance. Good day :)
Regards
KK
What counts is what you have in your profile at ITA. Until you get ITA you can put what ever you'd like in there... But after you get ITA then you'll need to prove everything you're claiming points for.

Having said that my advice is always to keep your profile as correct and truthful as possible, you never know if they do analytics on the way people change their profile to spot patterns... If they do then you work experience will certainly raise a red flag!

And don't be fooled by thinking that a simple letter from you HR manager saying you started several months before you actual start date will work. What happens when they ask for pay slips, bank statements and tax forms to prove that you've been employed for a whole year? As soon as you don't produce them you'll be disqualified, if you falsify them you'll risk getting banned for 5 years due to misrepresentation.

Remember, they have years of experience in catching out people that try to misrepresent themselves, they are quite clever and good at it... They may not catch everyone, but sod's law states that YOU'LL be caught so think long and hard before trying something doggy!

greenberet

Jan 31, 2017
HI SENIORS,

I would like to request your opinion on a mistake that I believe I have made.

I recently got an ITA in Jan 2017. Upon receipt of this and as I was gathering work experience documents; I realised I have marked an occupation and work experience in NOC (Skill Level-A) which is around 60% of my usual work activities.

Whereas, another NOC (Skill Level - B) now seems more aligned to the reference letter and more importantly seems to match around 80-90% of the work I do. I am now in a conundrum as to what I should do. I face three routes:

1) Decline ITA. My score is 467 and I may get invited again after updating this seemingly more relevant NOC in EE profile

OR

2) Apply in this ITA, still change the NOC and explain via LOE why I feel the correct NOC was required and how it depicts what I do more relevantly.

OR

3) Proceed with the ITA and old NOC where around 60% of the work activities are aligned and risk judgement on IRCC.

Can anyone share their experience and/or if they have done a change in primary and work experience NOC and been successful at it? CIC says following: If you are invited to apply for permanent residence, you will need to show proof of the information you gave us in your Express Entry profile. We will refuse your application if the information in your profile is different from what you submitted in your application.

Please advise.