Express Entry in a nutshell

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayamach said:
Hello,

I submitted my application for EE in January, and I am currently awaiting for their decision.

I've had to submit my French police certificate, because this is my country of origin

My concern is that it states that the police certificate must be issued AFTER you've lived there, HOWEVER I'm going back there in February for a week.

Can somebody confirm to me that this is not going to be a problem?

Thank you very much!
Not an issue as you've already submitted your eAPR.

myseneca

Nov 28, 2016
I had this email in my inbox

Dear my name,
Your job seeker profile has been deactivated due to inactivity. You will no longer be matched to jobs, and employers won’t be able to view your profile and invite you to apply.
To reactivate your profile and continue using Job Match:
1.Sign in to Job Bank.
2.Go to the “Profile settings” section, and click on “Modify”.
3.Go to the “Profile status” section, and click on “Activate profile”.
If you have any questions regarding this message, you can contact us.

I have currently have reactivated my jobbank profile again...
I submitted my ee profile and got an AOR around last week...will there be any issue because my jobseekers profile was deactivated as ones ee profile only gets activated once the jobseekers profile is active (as they are linked initially and it is mandatory criteria to activate ur ee profile)

Experts please help

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
myseneca said:
I had this email in my inbox

Dear my name,
Your job seeker profile has been deactivated due to inactivity. You will no longer be matched to jobs, and employers won’t be able to view your profile and invite you to apply.
To reactivate your profile and continue using Job Match:
1.Sign in to Job Bank.
2.Go to the “Profile settings” section, and click on “Modify”.
3.Go to the “Profile status” section, and click on “Activate profile”.
If you have any questions regarding this message, you can contact us.

I have currently have reactivated my jobbank profile again...
I submitted my ee profile and got an AOR around last week...will there be any issue because my jobseekers profile was deactivated as ones ee profile only gets activated once the jobseekers profile is active (as they are linked initially and it is mandatory criteria to activate ur ee profile)

Experts please help
No issues.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
I guess, for ECA, we are only required to send bachelors degree etc and not the schooling. So, post ITA, do we only need to submit scanned copies of bachelors degree or also the schooling certificates?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vaibhav007us said:
I guess, for ECA, we are only required to send bachelors degree etc and not the schooling. So, post ITA, do we only need to submit scanned copies of bachelors degree or also the schooling certificates?
Degree/Diploma photocopy + ECA report. 10th/12th certificates are not required if that's what you are asking.

Jan 26, 2017
This is extremely helpful. Thank you very much.

Is it possible to submit a separate permanent resident application or work permit to CIC even though you have an active EE profile?

If you points for EE are low - do you just sit and wait for your application to be selected, and how long should you keep renewing your EE profile until it gets selected

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
candiceweideman said:
This is extremely helpful. Thank you very much.

Is it possible to submit a separate permanent resident application or work permit to CIC even though you have an active EE profile?

If you points for EE are low - do you just sit and wait for your application to be selected, and how long should you keep renewing your EE profile until it gets selected
You can try to improve your score by getting better language scores (A CLB-9 in IELTS for instance (8777 LRWS) ). If your points are still low, then you can probably try securing a provincial nomination. This would award you 600 points.

First things first, please learn how the EE system works. Secondly, you can learn about the various PNPs here -->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212

Yes, you can submit work permit applications and "offline" PR applications (nominated by base streams) whilst having an active EE profile.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have recently (Jan 12) applied my eAPR and all the fields of application now says "not needed at this time" .... Its not moving ahead from this status...My IELTS expires on 9 May 2017 ,So should i retake my IELTS or will i be getting PR before that .....What is the time taken for processing eAPR ...I have 6 years of experience and now i want to stop working and have some time for myself sorting few personal issues ..will that effect decision making of PR ...

Thanks In Advance
Anil

swat007

Jan 28, 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
No issues. You can provide an approximate date.
Thanks Raj So much.

I have one more doubt.
I held two designations in my current employment. Should I created separate entries or only one entry.
for e.g.
1 jan 2015 joined as analyst
1 jan 2016 became senior analyst

should i make my entry as --> 1 jan 2015 till date as Senior analyst
OR
two separate entries--> 1 jan 2015 to 31 DEc 2015 as Analyst & 1 jan 2016 till date as Senior Analyst

kindly guide me.

Thanks

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
anil918918 said:
Hello Guys,

I have recently (Jan 12) applied my eAPR and all the fields of application now says "not needed at this time" .... Its not moving ahead from this status...My IELTS expires on 9 May 2017 ,So should i retake my IELTS or will i be getting PR before that .....What is the time taken for processing eAPR ...I have 6 years of experience and now i want to stop working and have some time for myself sorting few personal issues ..will that effect decision making of PR ...

Thanks In Advance
Anil
You can certainly take time-off and take a break from your profession, this will not have any impact on your application. As long as your application is complete and you have provided all the mandatory documents, then it is not necessary to retake IELTS. It is upto you if you want to retake it. No effort is ever wasted. All the best.

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hi Seniors,

I have Canadian experience (from Jan 2013 to June 25th 2015) and while filling EE (pre-ITA) it asks and I quote :

While legally in Canada during this time ?
A person must have:
1. been working on a valid work permit or exempt from needing one,
2. had legal status the whole time they were in Canada, and
3. not stayed longer than the approved time period.

What should I answer to this question(yes/no) as my visa extension application got refusal on 25th June 2015 and I travelled back to my home country on 1st July 2015 and I didn't work from 26th June to 1st July.

If there was an option to select the date, I would have given the exact date but its in MM,YYYY format.
I am thinking of answering YES and post ITA, I would include refusal letter.

Please advise?

Nov 12, 2016
Hi

We have submitted e-APR on 16- Jan - 2017. But have not seen any status update.
Application status - Open
Medical - not required at this time.

Till date no update.
Is that usual ??

Thanks in Advance!

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
shailja_jindal said:
Hi

We have submitted e-APR on 16- Jan - 2017. But have not seen any status update.
Application status - Open
Medical - not required at this time.

Till date no update.
Is that usual ??

Thanks in Advance!
It's pretty normal these days. Many applicants 2nd Jan AOR onwards are still waiting to see Medicals "Passed"