+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Chef Sumit said:
Dear Raj,

Please help. My wife is main applicant and crs is 470 so she will get an ITA however her birthday is 17th Jan so on 17th her Crs will drop to 465.

Can we still go ahead and apply or do we need to decline and wait for next draw.
If she has a birthday AFTER she receives an ITA, you guys can go ahead and apply - There is a public policy which exempts applicants from becoming ineligible because of drop in points because of age after ITA.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
If she has a birthday AFTER she receives an ITA, you guys can go ahead and apply - There is a public policy which exempts applicants from becoming ineligible because of drop in points because of age after ITA.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp
Thank you so much Raj!!

dhruvmehtani

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hi Guys,

I will need your expert opinion on this.

When I had submitted my profile to CIC, I didn't claim points for spouse and had her as non-accompanying.

Now I received a nomination from ontario and my score is above 1000 while ITA was at 497.

I am thinking of including her as accompanying now. Is it possible?

Please advise.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dhruvmehtani said:
Hi Guys,

I will need your expert opinion on this.

When I had submitted my profile to CIC, I didn't claim points for spouse and had her as non-accompanying.

Now I received a nomination from ontario and my score is above 1000 while ITA was at 497.

I am thinking of including her as accompanying now. Is it possible?

Please advise.
I'm not sure if you can do that if you mentioned her as non-accompanying to OINP. Your file was assessed based on the points that you had at the time of submission of your nomination application and I assume that you did not add your spouse earlier as accompanying because that would have brought you less than 400 points.

IMO, you might not be able to change that now.

You can send a query to OINP and see what they have to say.

dhruvmehtani

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
I'm not sure if you can do that if you mentioned her as non-accompanying to OINP. Your file was assessed based on the points that you had at the time of submission of your nomination application and I assume that you did not add your spouse earlier as accompanying because that would have brought you less than 400 points.

IMO, you might not be able to change that now.

You can send a query to OINP and see what they have to say.
Ok that makes sense. Thanks for the information.

Xmg2017

Jan 1, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, I don't think they will because the ECA details will be shared with IRCC only if you go for the correct ECA package AFAIK.
waaahh okay, that makes sense. i guess i better find a workaround with the school. thanks rajkamalmohanram!!!

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
I have completed job bank registration yesterday but status of job bank registration is still showing as pending in EE profile status. What could be the possible reason for this?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hassankhaliddar said:
I have completed job bank registration yesterday but status of job bank registration is still showing as pending in EE profile status. What could be the possible reason for this?
Have you "activated" the job bank account after you registered. If you have, then give it another day or so. This status update sometimes takes time.

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Raj one question:

While I was working in Sri Lanka, my wife visited me frequently on a tourist visa and in total her stay was more than 6 months but not in one stretch. So is Sri Lankan PCC required for her?
CIC website mentions the following for Sri Lanka PCC
If you do not have legal status, you are not required to provide a Sri Lankan police certificate. If you are asked for a Sri Lankan police certificate, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Sri Lanka because certificates are only available to people who have legal status.”

So living in SL on a tourist visa means legal status? Or if you are here on a residence visa then does that count as legal status only..

ranameraj

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I need to call cic to ask a few questions from US. Which number should I dial?

uzumaki

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
Nomination.....
30-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
I understand on the frustration part on OINP processing times, I waited for 1+years for it.
Hope you get PCC before Jan 10th to let go this doubt pricking you!

I had a chat with friend of mine who is getting her processing through Consultancy and didn't get good grade for the first time. According to the consultant, taking IELTS in a different place other than bangalore may get good points/grade, say Mysore, Hyderabad, Coimbatore etc. I didn't get into details as this seemed ridiculous but think about it to try your luck!

TLOU said:
My question was more about what happens after a nomination gets removed. Yes I retook my IELTS and the score got worst. I mean there might be cases where you keep on taking IELTS and you can't bring the score back. Or there might be other issues for whatever reasons why one can't keep the score above 400.

So it was just a question out of curiosity so one can better prepare if this happens. I currently booked another IELTS 21 Jan, just in case. But I am waiting for one last PCC so I can submit everything before my good IELTS expires on the 10th of Jan.

In my situation, I can't do IELTS in Feb as I am going on an important travel. So my very last attempt at IELTS would be early March and the results would come out right before the 90 days ITA deadline.

But thanks for your insight along with the others. Seems like my situation is quite rare but I believe you might see this case more given that OINP took such a long time to process things up.

Kumard21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Hi Friends,

I have one Question,

Present i am living in Canada, For the Police Clearance Certificate do we have to submit only from our Home Country
or
we have to submit home country PCC and from Canada police also.

Please help in this doubt.

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
IMO, Our EE account gets locked once we submit the application, so after that we do not need to worry about its 1 year expiry. Is it right?