Express Entry in a nutshell

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramansingh05 said:
Hi,

MY CRS is 407. I updated my study details but still its not updated to 422 as 15 additional pts for canadian education.
FYI - I have completed 1 year of Post Graduate Diploma in Project management from Canada. Could anyone please help me on this.
When I am checking pts in NEw calculator then its showing 422 as 15 Additional pts for 1 year study.

Rgds
Raman
It can take up to 48 hrs to update. Also, make sure you answered the questions correctly as a lot of people have answered incorrectly the ESL/FSL question.

Cheers :)

darpan.aneja

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Seniors, fellow gentlemen,

Quick question - I have done PGDM from a college which was awarded AICTE approval after I passed out.
Will this be evaluated as Masters or at least recognized as some Canadian equivalent, so that I can claim points for Two or more diploma, degrees.
Anyone who was in this situation and done ECA.
Thanks

Ndya90

Nov 9, 2016
How to show proof of family residing in Canada ? Do they have to write a letter explaining the relation they have with me ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ndya90 said:
How to show proof of family residing in Canada ? Do they have to write a letter explaining the relation they have with me ?
That isn't sufficient. You need the following:

Document requirements

This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.

Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.

Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

tyrist86

Dec 9, 2016
Hi everybody. I'm new on the site and in Express Entry and have a quick question.
I submitted my application December 3d. I got an email that my application has been updated but I still don't know if I'm eligible or not. So how long do you usually wait to be put into the pool and be given a score after you submit your application?
Thank you

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyrist86 said:
Hi everybody. I'm new on the site and in Express Entry and have a quick question.
I submitted my application December 3d. I got an email that my application has been updated but I still don't know if I'm eligible or not. So how long do you usually wait to be put into the pool and be given a score after you submit your application?
Thank you
Go to "check status and messages" your "application/profile status" should say "open"

Regarding eligibility - check what is says for Federal Skilled Worker or Canadian Experience class. If it says "Met" then you're good to go.

tyrist86

Dec 9, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Go to "check status and messages" your "application/profile status" should say "open"

Regarding eligibility - check what is says for Federal Skilled Worker or Canadian Experience class. If it says "Met" then you're good to go.

« Reply #3216 on: December 10, 2016, 08:42:53 pm »
Quote Remove

Thank you so much for your answer. The problem is that I don't have the button "check status and messages" under the submitted profile. Messages says "none" and details "updated". There is no option for actions. I hope that I did everything correct.
On spring I tried to make a profile and send an application. I got a respond about ineligibility in a few hours... That's why I'm a little bit concerned why it takes so long.
Thank you

Ndya90

Nov 9, 2016
Is the passport copy of family residing in Canada enough to show proof of family or their utility bills are important ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ndya90 said:
Is the passport copy of family residing in Canada enough to show proof of family or their utility bills are important ?
Passports show proof of relationship not that they currently reside in Canada.

Not sufficient.

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
1st Experience -- 27th May13 to 06th Aug15 ( 2years, 2months and 10 days)
2nd Experience -- 16th Nov15 to 13th May16 (6 months)
3rd Experience -- 26th Sept16 (current job)

Hi Experts,

Could you pl review my above mentioned experience details and confirm me with date of completion of 3 years.
Will it be 15th Jan17( day-wise) or 26th Jan17 ( month-wise) ? Reason behind highlighting it, if we have draw on 25th Jan17, can I accept ITA ( claiming 3 years of exp) ?

TIA

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narindersahib said:
1st Experience -- 27th May13 to 06th Aug15 ( 2years, 2months and 10 days)
2nd Experience -- 16th Nov15 to 13th May16 (6 months)
3rd Experience -- 26th Sept16 (current job)

Hi Experts,

Could you pl review my above mentioned experience details and confirm me with date of completion of 3 years.
Will it be 15th Jan17( day-wise) or 26th Jan17 ( month-wise) ? Reason behind highlighting it, if we have draw on 25th Jan17, can I accept ITA ( claiming 3 years of exp) ?

TIA
What 3 years has to do with ITA, there is a requirement to have 1 year experience and rest depends upon CRS score.
Your CRS score will be revised when one of the determining factors changes like Age increase, experience increase(auto-calculated based on your date inputs)

Ndya90

Nov 9, 2016
For proof of family residing in Canada, does it have to be a direct blood relation or any extended family member can be approached to provide their documents?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamy said:
What 3 years has to do with ITA, there is a requirement to have 1 year experience and rest depends upon CRS score.
Your CRS score will be revised when one of the determining factors changes like Age increase, experience increase(auto-calculated based on your date inputs)
Points are erroneously awarded by the system when it comes to work experience.

For instance, I was awarded additional points in the beginning of August while I should gained additional points for work experience only at the end of September. If one accepts the ITA (with the additional points) before one has "actually" completed 3 years work experience, then the application will be assessed only with 2 years of work experience (and one might end up getting rejected if the CRS falls below the cut-off of the draw in which the applicant received ITA).