Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

This Travel History Clause of "country of residence" is very confusing , Can somebody clarify it according to my situation:

since Dec 2012 ~ May 2015 . I was staying in Saudi on work visa --------- would this be consider as my "country of residence" Huh
Since May 2015 ~ Sept 2015 . I was on business visa in Canada --------- would this be consider as my "country of residence" Huh
Since October 2015 ~ until Present . I am staying in Canada on work permit --------- would this be consider as my "country of residence" Huh

I mostly traveled to my "country of origin" from Saudi and Canada , Do i need to mention all these traveling records I made during case 1 (stay in Saudi) and Case 2 (Business visit to Canada).

Please help me sort this out , I would really appreciate your Help .

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
kashjuni said:
Sorry to sound rude to you dear, but your CRS before the job offer looks like 368. There are many people between 400-469 in the pool since 1-2 years who haven't received the ITA and trust me they are more deserving.

To exactly check this, CIC changed rules. The alternative option for you now remains PNP.

Having said that, nobody can really predict the cut-off after changes, and you never know 418 might also get a call in near future draws. But keep your fingers crossed. And no, they will not see individual applications.

All the best.
How are the more deserving than me, I have secured a job and bringing value to the country which needs my experience

Deserving doesn't have anything to do with it, I add value, others don't.

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
Hi all,

I received my ITA on 16th November.

The problem is my ex-employer isn't ready to modify the job responsibilities to match as per my NOC(1112). They're ready to give me a letter mentioning the responsibilities as per the company's Job Description(JD). I'm afraid that won't match the stated NOC to a great extent.

What should I do now? I don't want my visa application to get rejected because of this silly thing. Thanks

uzumaki

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
Nomination.....
30-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
If I am you!! As I perform the duties as per NOC code 1112, I would request supervisor and colleagues to give a reference letters each and submit theirs visiting cards for ease of verification by IRCC(cic).
But the catch is your reference letter from HR should match to an extent and I didn't understand to great extent it doesn't match as mentioned.
Also with the above submit your work emails which displays your job code! And do not submit employer letter but if you plan to submit that as well, write an explanation letter.

ronakshah92 said:
Hi all,

I received my ITA on 16th November.

The problem is my ex-employer isn't ready to modify the job responsibilities to match as per my NOC(1112). They're ready to give me a letter mentioning the responsibilities as per the company's Job Description(JD). I'm afraid that won't match the stated NOC to a great extent.

What should I do now? I don't want my visa application to get rejected because of this silly thing. Thanks

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
ayamach said:
Somebody to answer my question please ?? thanks again :)
A mon avis, oui, tu peux faire une demande de résidence permanente et une demande de résidence temporaire simultanément. Tes circonstances en ce moment seraient déterminantes en ce qui concerne quel permis tu devrais demander.

Si ta demande de permis de travail (mobilité francophone) est soumise en avant que tu es invité à soumettre une demande de résidence permanente- c'est bon, pas de problème.

Au contraire, si ta demande de résidence permanente est soumise en premier- il vaut mieux obtenir un permis de travail transitoire (qui est ouvert- il n'y a pas d'employeur spécifique inscrit etc.). Ce permis est valide pendant un an et il est renouvelable si ta résidence permanente n'est pas accordé par sa date d'expiration.

Si ta demande de résidence permanente n'est pas soumise mais tu as reçu une invitation- il vaut mieux soumettre tes documents etc et ensuite demander un permis transitoire après.

Finalement, si ton permis de travail actuel est sur le point d'expiration puis tu as une invitation à soumettre tes documents de résidence permanente- et tu crois que le permis actuel s'expirera en avant que tu seras en mesure de soumettre la demande de résidence permanente- je dirais que tu devras déposer une demande de permis de travail (mobilité francophone) en avant que le permis de travail actuel s'expire- afin de garder un statut impliqué. Ça te permettra de continuer de travailler légalement pendant que tu prépares tes affaires pour la demande de résidence permanente. (Même si le permis francophone n'est pas encore accordé- il faut tout simplement que la demande soit reçue pour que tu sois en sécurité)

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I have the following questions while filling out EE form:

1) I am still awaiting my spouse ECA. While filling EE profile, what should I select for the question regarding spouse education..

Has xxxxx finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?

Actually she has finished, but ECA is not there. If Yes, we need to give ECA reference number. If no, then it would be not revealing what is there (misrepresentation ?). What needs to be given?

2) Can xxxxxx communicate in English and/or French? I gave English and selected she hasn't taken any exam for assess it. Is that fine? Or I should select neither for English or French communication as she doesn't have her language test yet.

3) Same for work history. I do not want to declare her work history as I am not getting any points for it. Is it okay to answer no to this question..

Does ..... have any work history?

Actually she does have work history, but just that I don't want to declare as I don't want to take the pains of getting skill letter for her. Will saying no constitute misrepresentation?

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're not claiming points you need not declare it. You can add this information once you receive your ITA in the personal history section. It is not misrepresentation, you are simply deciding not to claim points for such factors.

If you're waiting for the ECA answer no and edit it later on. No a big deal.

Cheers :)

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thanks. I have had two jobs so far.. First job is 2008 - 2014 and second job is my current job from 2014.

I am also not declaring my current job in the EE profile as I have 6 years of experience in previous job itself. I don't want to take the pains of getting reference letter from the current job too.

Is it okay not to have my current job in the profile? My previous job time frame is between 2008 - 2014. I am hoping that I would not have any issues getting full points (I have CLB9 + Masters) for work experience as it is falling within last 10 years. Will there be any questions on gap in employment or would it be assumed that I am currently unemployed or something like? It's not just for EE, I am hoping that this wouldn't affect OINP too.. not declaring current job.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't talk about OINP as i'm not familiar with it but,

1 - For express entry it is perfectly fine to have gaps and not to claim points for current employment. Just make sure everything is properly added in the personal history section.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
I can't talk about OINP as i'm not familiar with it but,

1 - For express entry it is perfectly fine to have gaps and not to claim points for current employment. Just make sure everything is properly added in the personal history section.

Thanks! Personal history section becomes active only ITA right?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. If you're expecting an ITA any time soon get ready to declare everything you've done (studying/working/unemployment/volunteering) for the past 10 years or since the age of 18.

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Hello everybody

So, I am currently waiting for an ITA, but I don't know if I'll make the cut before my current temporary work permit ends

therefore, I would be interested in applying for a "mobilité francophone" temporary work permit (very easy and fast to get for french-speaking applicants, LMIA-exempt, so 50 more points for me!)

My question is this:
If I already started my application for the mobilité francophone, and I'm invited for PR, can I also continue with my application for the mobilité francophone temp work permit at the same time? I would like to get this "mob francophone" temp work permit anyway because that means I wouldn't have to ask for a bridge visa (my current one will end before getting a PR)

Basically, can I continue the process for mobilité francophone, or is it going to be cancelled if I submit my application for PR through EE?

thanks a lot!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Yamama said:
Hello Guys,

This Travel History Clause of "country of residence" is very confusing , Can somebody clarify it according to my situation:

since Dec 2012 ~ May 2015 . I was staying in Saudi on work visa --------- would this be consider as my "country of residence" Huh
Since May 2015 ~ Sept 2015 . I was on business visa in Canada --------- would this be consider as my "country of residence" Huh
Since October 2015 ~ until Present . I am staying in Canada on work permit --------- would this be consider as my "country of residence" Huh

I mostly traveled to my "country of origin" from Saudi and Canada , Do i need to mention all these traveling records I made during case 1 (stay in Saudi) and Case 2 (Business visit to Canada).

Please help me sort this out , I would really appreciate your Help .
Country of resident is where you're currently residing... So where you pay your income tax.

From the example above I'd risk saying this:

since Dec 2012 ~ May 2015 . I was staying in Saudi on work visa --------- if you're living there, getting paid locally and paying income tax there, then Saudi is your country of residence
Since May 2015 ~ Sept 2015 . I was on business visa in Canada --------- Business visa is not work, so you couldn't be working and paying taxes in canada, so Canada is NOT your country of residence
Since October 2015 ~ until Present . I am staying in Canada on work permit --------- again, seems like you're living and working in Canada and paying taxes there so Canada would be your country of residence

jumanirohan

Jun 23, 2016
Hi All,

I just wanted a clarification on documents that needs to be uploaded under Education Section post ITA.

CIC says you just need to provide the ECA reference number and not the ECA document. I wanted some clarification around this.

1) Should I upload only the ECA reference number + IELTS?

2) Should I upload only the ECA reference number + IELTS + ECA document?

3) Should I upload only the ECA reference number + IELTS + ECA document + all my education documents (both bachelors and masters)

Please help, as I need to upload my documents asap.

Thank You.

Regards
RJ.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jumanirohan said:
Hi All,

I just wanted a clarification on documents that needs to be uploaded under Education Section post ITA.

CIC says you just need to provide the ECA reference number and not the ECA document. I wanted some clarification around this.

1) Should I upload only the ECA reference number + IELTS?

2) Should I upload only the ECA reference number + IELTS + ECA document?

3) Should I upload only the ECA reference number + IELTS + ECA document + all my education documents (both bachelors and masters)

Please help, as I need to upload my documents asap.

Thank You.

Regards
RJ.
Go for 3 - remember that if your degrees are not in English you'll have to translate them. IELTS isn't necessary to upload as they can check the results with your test result number.