+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
Per Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report, my spouse's Canadian Education Equivalency is 'Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year).
Can you please let me know how to enter this in my Express Entry application? The values in the drop down for 'Study and Languages' doesn't have the option of choosing "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees". This option is however in the CRS Calculator and also at the following page - w w w .cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp. Per this page, my wife should get credit for 'A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS Postgraduate Diploma.
Please help with my query as I am losing a point because of this issue.
Thanks,
Ritesh

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Nilkanth Lucky said:
Thanks. Do I need to upload Schedule A there or just explanation letter?
What should we select for CSE for first question to provide corrected schdule A?

Replacements of documents, amendments... etc...
or
Permanent residence online
or
In Canada Permanent residence

Thanks,

channa1408

Nov 18, 2016
Hi Guys,

I am applying for express Entry under Canadian Experience Class. I got Record of Employment and It is showing different number of hours (Insurable hours ) than my experience letter. Does Insurable hours are different from actual number of hours?

Please help me in this matter!

Thankyou.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
No draw this month? :(

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
C) Proof of funds (POF) is a very important part of your documentation. While you are awaiting your ITA, you can prepare to show your funds. You DO NOT need to get any bank letter/document at this stage but if you need to arrange funds (like selling a car or liquidating assets like selling gold etc.) you have to start planning on how you are going to show your funds. CIC requires that the funds be unencumbered by any debt or obligation to re-pay. These funds must be liquid (You should be able to convert it to hard cash whenever required). You can see what CIC allows you to show as POF in the link provided at the end of the section.

Hi,
Appreciate your replies on the following 2 questions with regards to Proof of Funds;
1) I'm planning to go alone first and after 6 months will start the process for my Spouse and children. In that case, is it okay if I show funds required for one person only to the Consular?
2) Can I present the Value of House, Gold and Land - by showing the valuation certificate of Charted Accountant OR Valuer - apart from Cash in the bank account?

Regards,
NRY

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
NRY said:
Hi,
Appreciate your replies on the following 2 questions with regards to Proof of Funds;
1) I'm planning to go alone first and after 6 months will start the process for my Spouse and children. In that case, is it okay if I show funds required for one person only to the Consular?

No. You have to show funds for all your family members (you + spouse + children) irrespective of whether they are accompanying you or not.

2) Can I present the Value of House, Gold and Land - by showing the valuation certificate of Charted Accountant OR Valuer - apart from Cash in the bank account?

No. Funds have to be liquid - Funds in the savings account, Fixed Deposits etc.
Regards,
NRY
Check this --->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Check this --->
Hi,
Thanks.
1) Checked the Link you provided and quoting the relevant portion hereunder

These funds could be in the form of:

cash,
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.), or
As I understand from the above, the Funds can be both in Cash & Documents that show property value. Please comment.

2) Quoting some other portion from the Link hereunder

Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada,
My question on the above is - one has to show these Funds after s/he receives ITA. If a person gets ITA having the Job Offer, can we say he does not require to show proof of funds since he is fulfilling both the criteria said above (Authorized to work as Received ITA & Job offer)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
NRY

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
NRY said:
Hi,
Thanks.
1) Checked the Link you provided and quoting the relevant portion hereunder

As I understand from the above, the Funds can be both in Cash & Documents that show property value. Please comment.

Yes, I see that comment however, I don't know anybody who has applied through the EE system and showed property valuations as POF. AFAIK, they are NOT accepted as proof of funds.

The monies have to be liquid.

I shared that link for you to determine how much you would need depending on the family size.

2) Quoting some other portion from the Link hereunder

My question on the above is - one has to show these Funds after s/he receives ITA. If a person gets ITA having the Job Offer, can we say he does not require to show proof of funds since he is fulfilling both the criteria said above (Authorized to work as Received ITA & Job offer)?

People who are invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class OR people who have an "arranged employment" do not need to show POF.

"Arranged Employment" means a job offer that is backed by a very-hard-to-get LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment). "Just another job offer" doesn't fall under the category of "arranged employment".

It is unlikely that employers would be willing to spend time and money to get the LMIA done for foreign workers when there are PRs/citizens are readily available for work in Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
NRY

SKCanada2017

Dec 16, 2016
Hi, I got an ITA in Nov and Dec 1st week I have submitted all documents(PR application). Can someone tell how much time approx they are taking to process the applications and give PR?

digilka

Apr 30, 2013
I got ITA Under Nova scotia PNP, but when I login to EE, there is no option for payment of application fees...? why is this ..?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SKCanada2017 said:
Hi, I got an ITA in Nov and Dec 1st week I have submitted all documents(PR application). Can someone tell how much time approx they are taking to process the applications and give PR?
The claimed processing time is 6 months. However, the processing time varies case to case and is influenced by a lot of factors.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
digilka said:
I got ITA Under Nova scotia PNP, but when I login to EE, there is no option for payment of application fees...? why is this ..?
You will find the option to pay your fee once you upload all your documents and then proceed to submit the e-APR.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
INFONAVJOTSINGH - Your inbox is full. Hence posting the answer to your questions here -->

INFONAVJOTSINGH said:
Thanks for your response :D, it is helpful. Can you please tell me what is e-ARP, COPR and following is my plan so far. Please let me should this be the approach?

e-APR = Electronic Application for Permanent Residence (Self-Explanatory)
COPR = Confirmation of Permanent Residence (This is issued after your PR application is approved)

My Plan currently: -

1) Her IELTS Result will be available on 24th Dec.
2) wait and after getting OINP nomination> accept it
3) then accept ITA from CIC in next draw
4) Marriage
5) Then update EE Profile as married.

Once you get ITA, you cannot update the EE profile. You can directly update the spouse's details in the e-APR.

6) Send documents to the EE. (Medical, PPC, New passport of both of us)

You would be submitting documents to IRCC.

7) Leave my job in Hyd and spend some time in Punjab with family

I wouldn't recommend quitting the job until and unless you get your application approved. However, this is your personal decision.

Is this fine, order of the action need to be taken?

If possible can you, please tell me dates for each event form your experience.

Applied to OINP on November 5, 2015. AOR on Feb 22, 2016. Add. Doc. Request on 01 April. Nomination on 17 Oct. ITA on 19 Oct. Submitted e-APR on 2 Nov. Waiting.

I am nervous and in panic state not able to make decision :-\. can you please help me and make it simple in understanding on how to make decision?

Regards,
Navjot SINGH

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
INFONAVJOTSINGH - Your inbox is full. Hence posting the answer to your questions here -->

Once you get ITA, you cannot update the EE profile. You can directly update the spouse's details in the e-APR.
Correct, but if he has got a NoM from OINP then he could quite easily reject the ITA, change whatever he needs to change in his EE profile (so long as the points don't drop below 400) and then just wait for the next draw to get an ITA. Just trying to help Raj and not stepping on your toes here ;)

@INFONAVJOTSINGH - Just a work of warning, if you choose to do this them make sure your points don't drop below 400 (as OINP can then withdraw your NoM) and also make sure you profile wont expire before the next DRAW (so if it's close to expiring then better not risk it).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
g126 said:
Correct, but if he has got a NoM from OINP then he could quite easily reject the ITA, change whatever he needs to change in his EE profile (so long as the points don't drop below 400) and then just wait for the next draw to get an ITA. Just trying to help Raj and not stepping on your toes here ;)

Sure. Thanks for the assistance. However, IMHO, there is no need to reject the ITA just to input spouse information. Marital status can be changed in the e-APR by clicking on "Modify Family Information" button AFAIK. I see it as just another unnecessary step.

@INFONAVJOTSINGH - Just a work of warning, if you choose to do this them make sure your points don't drop below 400 (as OINP can then withdraw your NoM) and also make sure you profile wont expire before the next DRAW (so if it's close to expiring then better not risk it).

True. Please be aware of your points and the keep in mind the expiry of your documents prior to submitting your application.