+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi Raj.

regarding proof of funds, if there is a FD in my spouse name , will this FD work for proof of funds..
Or shall i add myself as second holder of FD.

Also am working on reference letter , i have managed to get reference letters from previous employers which sums to 2.9 yrs work ex.
I am currently working and my current employer experience is 1.6 years.. problem here is that current company wont give reference letter.

u know na indian companies are reluctant to give if you are currently employed with them

what shall i do in such case for current employment.

motocheck said:
Thanks raj

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
rajkamalmohanram said:
As long as you can provide authentic and complete documents to conclusively prove that the funds came in as a gift from your uncle, you are good to go. No problem.

Get a gift affidavit made. Along with it, you would have to prove the debit from your uncle's account (photocopy of check/photocopy of his bank statement showing debit) and proof of credit into your account (photocopy of your bank statement showing the credit). The gift deed will clearly mention that these funds are being given as a gift and the person gifting it does not expect it back.

The gift from uncle is okay but try to get the funds from your parents. Getting it from uncle should be your last preference.
Thanks for the insight, Raj! I see. Just to be 101% sure, so it should be okay if the funds are debited/credited only after ITA has been received???

I'm afraid both our parents have passed away already... My uncle resides in Ontario by the way.

Thanks again!! +1.

A Nowa

May 17, 2016
Hi Stanlee,

Quick Question..to promote thru PNP ..I asked someone and he told me I can apply in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island only cause they don't require A job offer but the other does..
So do you have information about that?

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Dear Raj, thanks very much. I have read the earlier posts and have some clarity now. But, I would need your help in the following:

I am an Indian CA and working as Income tax consultant for past 10+ years. I classify under NOC 1111. However, the experience is in India and relating to India tax.

In which of the following questions it needs to be considered:

• How many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have? It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time)?

Does this require that the experience should be “in Canada”?

• How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation?

Regards

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi All,

I have a question on Police Certificate.

If you read the section "Who needs a police certificate?" on the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp it states that we need Police Certificate from those countries too, which we have visited in the past and stayed for more than 6 months. I had been to USA in 2007-2008 and stayed there for 7+ months. By subsequent visits to USA and UK were less than 2 months, but for this older one, will I need to get the PC ? Please let me know if someone has any idea.

Thanks.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi All,

I'm working in Uk since 1 year.

As a POF I provided a combination of below:

1) Bank letter for Indian account, which doesn't have much transactions in past 6 months. Bank didn't mention average balance as per their set practice so I provided the bank statement as well. I showed 11500 CAD in this account all transferred over last month by my parents. I provided gift deeds, transaction details, bank receipts, and statement from my account showing these transactions
2) My PF statement showing 7500 CAD, which can be withdrawn in 10 days of resignation, and held by my employer's trust.
3) MY PPF statement showing 950 CAD available to withdraw anytime.
All totalling ~ 20,000 CAD for a family of 3 (already more than the required 18,670)

My concern, is I've not provided bank statements from my UK account, do I need to worry. Does above documents suffice as POF?

And what is the way to pay RPRF now, If I didn't pay it at the time of submission, to avoid delay in processing?

A Nowa

May 17, 2016
A Nowa said:
Hi Stanlee,

Quick Question..to promote thru PNP ..I asked someone and he told me I can apply in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island only cause they don't require A job offer but the other does..
So do you have information about that?
Helloo All,,any reply plz?

tanvir_mech

Jan 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi All, I need some information. After creating Express Entry profile, can we update/change the NOC? If yes then how and any approval from CIC is required? :)

Jonims

Jun 8, 2016
Hi,
I have submitted my Express Entry application in the Month of November and by December I got Ontario PNP nomination. Then I have submitted my PNP application on second week of Jan 2016. After that I am not getting any update about my PNP approval. It’s almost 6 months by now that I am waiting for some response on PNP and invitation for PR application. Right now I am expecting get an ITA by July.
I have question related to our current condition .as my wife is two months pregnant she cannot do a X-Ray in order to complete the medical test even if we get an ITA during this month or next month?
How we will proceed with our medical check-up? Will there be an overall impact to the application if she cannot complete the medical test? We have already checked this with our doctor and we got an advice not to take X-Ray even with any shield!!

Please advise on this
Thanks,
Jonims

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Hi,

I want to understand work ex calculation.
You mentioned - 2.9 yrs as sum total - how many organisations are you calculating for?

I have an 18 month in one firm
6 month each in 2 other firms
and a 2 year assignment in current.

how will this sum up?

I was under the impression, work ex needs to be at least one complete year in any firm to consider calculation (hence I was not counting the 6 month stints)
Please advice.

motocheck said:
Hi Raj.

regarding proof of funds, if there is a FD in my spouse name , will this FD work for proof of funds..
Or shall i add myself as second holder of FD.

Also am working on reference letter , i have managed to get reference letters from previous employers which sums to 2.9 yrs work ex.
I am currently working and my current employer experience is 1.6 years.. problem here is that current company wont give reference letter.

u know na indian companies are reluctant to give if you are currently employed with them

what shall i do in such case for current employment.

A Nowa

May 17, 2016
Jonims said:
Hi,
I have submitted my Express Entry application in the Month of November and by December I got Ontario PNP nomination. Then I have submitted my PNP application on second week of Jan 2016. After that I am not getting any update about my PNP approval. It’s almost 6 months by now that I am waiting for some response on PNP and invitation for PR application. Right now I am expecting get an ITA by July.
I have question related to our current condition .as my wife is two months pregnant she cannot do a X-Ray in order to complete the medical test even if we get an ITA during this month or next month?
How we will proceed with our medical check-up? Will there be an overall impact to the application if she cannot complete the medical test? We have already checked this with our doctor and we got an advice not to take X-Ray even with any shield!!

Please advise on this
Thanks,
Jonims
Hello...just a question..when u applied thru Ontario PNP did they require a job offer?

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
faithandhope said:
Hi can anyone tell me what to do after you get ITA for FSW. where to apply next
Procedure POST ITA:

1. Fill out the online form

When you sign in to your MyCIC account, there will be a link to apply for permanent residence under Express Entry. You can save the information in this online form and go back to it as often as you need to until you are ready to submit it.

Your Express Entry Invitation to Apply will be valid for 60 days.

All of your answers must be complete and true.

You must fill out all the mandatory fields in the form. You will not be able to submit your application until these fields are completed.

When you have completed the application, the system will generate a personalized Document Checklist for you. It will show all the supporting documents you need to upload.

In the case of work experience and police certificates, it will show each employer and country you need to get documents from. For the police certificates, there will only be one upload field so be sure to include them all together.
2. Get all the documents you need

Using your Document Checklist, get all the documents you need to include with your application.

You must be able to make electronic copies of your supporting documents using a scanner or camera.

Once you have your documents ready, upload them.

Some things you will need to attach copies of are:

your passport or travel document
your language test results
your valid written job offer from an employer in Canada, if you have one
your provincial nomination, if you have one
in some cases, proof that you have enough money to support yourself (and your family members in Canada, if any are coming with you)
any other documents on the Document Checklist, and
your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report, if you included the results in your Express Entry profile.

Note: you need an ECA if:

you are being invited to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (it will tell you this on your invitation letter) and you were educated outside Canada, or
if you were awarded points for your foreign education (no matter which program you were invited to apply under).

We need copies of these documents to support the claims you made in your Express Entry profile.
You will also need:
1. Medical exams

Do not complete any medical exam until you get an Invitation to Apply. You must have a medical exam before you can become a permanent resident. Your family members must also have one, even if they are not coming with you.

We will not approve your permanent resident application if your health:

is a danger to Canada’s public health or safety, or
would cause too much demand on health or social services in Canada.

When the panel physician completes the medical exam, they will either give you an information printout sheet, or an IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. You must provide a copy the document they gave you when you apply online.

Note: The results of your exam are only valid for 12 months. When you submit your application for permanent residence, the results of your exam must be valid for at least 6 months. If we approve your application, but you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident during those 12 months, you may need to have another exam. For this reason, it is a good idea to complete the exam as close as possible to the date you submit your online application.
2. Police certificates

To immigrate to Canada, you and any family members 18 and older must include their police certificates as part of the application for permanent residence.

If you have a criminal record, you may not be allowed to enter or stay in Canada. People who pose a risk to Canada’s security are also not allowed to come to Canada.

3. Pay your fees

You will have to pay:
a) The processing fee for you and your family members.

When you apply, you need to pay for everyone who will come to Canada with you on your application.

You must pay these fees online through your MyCIC account using a credit card.

If your application is not complete, we will inform you and return your processing fee.

We will not return the processing fee once we have begun processing your application.
b) The Right of Permanent Residence fee

The right of permanent residence fee is $490.00 per person. There is no fee for dependent children.

You will need to pay this fee if we approve your application.

Note: paying this fee early can help speed up the processing of your application, so it’ s a good idea to submit it when you apply.

If you don’t pay it when you submit your application, you must pay this fee before we issue any permanent resident documents to you.

We will refund this fee if you withdraw your application or if you do not use your visa.
c) Other fees

You may have to pay fees to third parties for:

language testing,
Educational Credential Assessments,
your medical exam,
police checks/clearances and certificates, and
translation of documents.

4. Submit your complete application

Make sure you:

have filled out all mandatory form fields,
paid your fees, and
included clear scans of all the supporting documents.

The system will not let you submit the application unless all required documents are included. Use the Document Checklist to make sure you do not forget anything.

Once you submit your application, we will start to process it. We will verify that all the information you gave us is true, that you are eligible to immigrate, and are admissible to Canada.

If we find you eligible, we will notify you and tell you what to do next.

Hope this helps..unfortunately I cant post links or websites..You can find all details and additional information on the CIC website and from this forum..All the best.!!

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
tanvir_mech said:
Hi All, I need some information. After creating Express Entry profile, can we update/change the NOC? If yes then how and any approval from CIC is required? :)
Hi,
It depends. You can make changes to your profile several times, however the impact may change based on whether the changes made are before receiving an ITA or after receiving ITA. You can make changes to your profile several times before you receive an ITA and in most cases, this should not cause a "rejection" once you submit your application (unless one of the changes makes you ineligible for the program).

However if you are making changes to the profile after receiving an ITA then you need to be much more careful.

In general, you should refrain from making changes to your profile after receiving an ITA as you were issued ITA based on the information you provided in your ITA. That being said, you may come across instances wherein you have to make changes. In most situations minor changes will not cause a rejection. You have to ensure that you still meet minimum entry criteria (MEC) for your program after making changes. Furthermore, the change should not reduce your CRS points below the minimum cut-off score for your draw.

If you have made changes to your profile after receiving ITA, then also ensure to add a Letter of Explanation explaining the rationale behind the change.

You can make changes as many times you want,PRE ITA and just follow the below steps:

Go to your submitted express entry profile. VIew submitted application.
Click on WORK HISTORY - > Then you will see the job experience and titles that you have submitted.
Click on MODIFY -> It is next to the job experience submitted in the same line.
Once you have clicked that -> Update the NOC CODE over there and then click save and exit.
E SIGN it again and click Transmit.

All the best.!!