+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
vaibhav007us said:
I am a CA and working in India Big4. I have been rendering services for a reputed Canadian client for past 8 years but for its India matters. Would it qualify under "How many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have? It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time)."
No.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
vaibhav007us said:
Or "How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation."
To qualify for FSW under Express Entry, that is one of the requirements. Check this link for more details http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp.

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
DiNaV said:
Hi All,

I have a question on Police Certificate.

If you read the section "Who needs a police certificate?" on the link it states that we need Police Certificate from those countries too, which we have visited in the past and stayed for more than 6 months. I had been to USA in 2007-2008 and stayed there for 7+ months. By subsequent visits to USA and UK were less than 2 months, but for this older one, will I need to get the PC ? Please let me know if someone has any idea.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, CIC requires that you must provide the police certificate for USA since you have lived there for a total of six or more than six months..

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
A Nowa said:
Hi Stanlee,

Quick Question..to promote thru PNP ..I asked someone and he told me I can apply in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island only cause they don't require A job offer but the other does..
So do you have information about that?
OINP also does not require a job offer. For more details about each province would suggest you to check respective PNP pages (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp)

A Nowa

May 17, 2016
Stanlee said:
OINP also does not require a job offer. For more details about each province would suggest you to check respective PNP pages (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp)
Dear
I couldn't attached the screen shot but I pasted for you.

This what I found on Ontario website

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) offers an opportunity for skilled foreign workers with a job offer to permanently live and work in Ontario. Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program has a target of 5,200 nominations in 2015.

Prospective nominees (the applicant) can only apply if they have received an approved permanent full-time job offer from an Ontario employer, or from a business making an approved and endorsed investment in Ontario.

Important: Before Applying as a Nominee

In order to apply as a nominee, the applicant must have a job offer that has been approved by OINP.

To do this:
Ontario employers must first submit a Pre-screen Application to have the position they wish to fill approved by OINP. For information on the Pre-screen approval process for Ontario employers, visit the Employer section of the OINP website.
Companies making an investment in Ontario under the Investment Component of OINP must first have their investment approved and endorsed by an Ontario ministry. They can then submit a Pre-screen Application. For more information, visit the Investor section of the OINP website.
For applicants with a job offer from an Ontario employer, the nominee application fee is $2,000 for those with job offers in the Greater Toronto Area, and $1,500 for those with job offers outside of the Greater Toronto Area.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
A Nowa said:
Dear
I couldn't attached the screen shot but I pasted for you.

This what I found on Ontario website

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) offers an opportunity for skilled foreign workers with a job offer to permanently live and work in Ontario. Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program has a target of 5,200 nominations in 2015.

Prospective nominees (the applicant) can only apply if they have received an approved permanent full-time job offer from an Ontario employer, or from a business making an approved and endorsed investment in Ontario.

Important: Before Applying as a Nominee

In order to apply as a nominee, the applicant must have a job offer that has been approved by OINP.

To do this:
Ontario employers must first submit a Pre-screen Application to have the position they wish to fill approved by OINP. For information on the Pre-screen approval process for Ontario employers, visit the Employer section of the OINP website.
Companies making an investment in Ontario under the Investment Component of OINP must first have their investment approved and endorsed by an Ontario ministry. They can then submit a Pre-screen Application. For more information, visit the Investor section of the OINP website.
For applicants with a job offer from an Ontario employer, the nominee application fee is $2,000 for those with job offers in the Greater Toronto Area, and $1,500 for those with job offers outside of the Greater Toronto Area.
Yes, this is one of the ways you can get nominated by Ontario. But having a job offer is not mandatory under Ontario HCPS (Express Entry), but OINP is on a temporary pause till November 2016 as they have exhausted 2016 quota.

grooby

Aug 19, 2014
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 July 2014
Doc's Request.
Awaiting
Nomination.....
04 November 2014(CC Charge)
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-11-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
19-02-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon !!
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Eagerly Awaiting
hey guys ... good luck for your immigration process. Prepare yourselves in advance. Make contacts before you land because Canada is hiring!!

Finance, Risk & technology sectors. Send resumes: talentseekinc@gmail.com

nhab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Dear Friends

If you have been working in Canada or have been international student and are struggling with the express entry score please sign this petition. We still need more signature to solve this issue

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system

tanvir_mech

Jan 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
pk910 said:
Hi,
It depends. You can make changes to your profile several times, however the impact may change based on whether the changes made are before receiving an ITA or after receiving ITA. You can make changes to your profile several times before you receive an ITA and in most cases, this should not cause a "rejection" once you submit your application (unless one of the changes makes you ineligible for the program).

However if you are making changes to the profile after receiving an ITA then you need to be much more careful.

In general, you should refrain from making changes to your profile after receiving an ITA as you were issued ITA based on the information you provided in your ITA. That being said, you may come across instances wherein you have to make changes. In most situations minor changes will not cause a rejection. You have to ensure that you still meet minimum entry criteria (MEC) for your program after making changes. Furthermore, the change should not reduce your CRS points below the minimum cut-off score for your draw.

If you have made changes to your profile after receiving ITA, then also ensure to add a Letter of Explanation explaining the rationale behind the change.

You can make changes as many times you want,PRE ITA and just follow the below steps:

Go to your submitted express entry profile. VIew submitted application.
Click on WORK HISTORY - > Then you will see the job experience and titles that you have submitted.
Click on MODIFY -> It is next to the job experience submitted in the same line.
Once you have clicked that -> Update the NOC CODE over there and then click save and exit.
E SIGN it again and click Transmit.

All the best.!!
Thanks

dflaw

Jun 9, 2016
Thanks for share nice information with us. If you want express entry need to clear immigration process.

yogi44

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
hi.. i created my EE profile in April 16 and scored 387. I recently got mail from CIC that my profile has become ineligible. I dont know why. I didnt register with job bank. Is that the reason ?

MargaretheG

Apr 1, 2016
Hi, We finally received PPR! Can someone please let us know if we need to attach the RPRF receipt or email it to MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca eventho we've already paid it months ago before the PPR was issued? Thanks!

P.S: We're planning to submit the passports in Manila (makati VAC)

tito1981

Jun 9, 2016
HI dear

This is a very valuable post. I have a question that i will be appreciated if u could help me in . my score is 67 which is equivelant to CRS 350 which is very low as the average draw CRS is more than 450 . Accordingly i been adviced that i have to find a job offer to raise My point. My question here is

1- Do really job bank is a usful tool to get job offer . is it easy ?

2- Do i have only to put my CV and they will get job for me ?

3 Do i need to check the job bank every day to check the job and apply for the sutible one by one ?

tito1981

Jun 9, 2016
HI dear

This is a very valuable post. I have a question that i will be appreciated if u could help me in . my score is 67 which is equivelant to CRS 350 which is very low as the average draw CRS is more than 450 . Accordingly i been adviced that i have to find a job offer to raise My point. My question here is

3 Do i need to check the job bank every day to check the job and apply for the sutible one by one ?

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
tito1981 said:
HI dear

Registering in the job bank is a part of the express entry process and its entirely upto you to do the necessary job hunting strategies to find a job in Canada that suits you.To be honest finding a job in Canada by a foreign worker is not an easy process,unless you have contacts there but there is no harm in applying for jobs through the job bank.

Well,that sounds simple,but you need to go the extra mile if you really need a job and it all depends on you. Most employers need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA),a positive LMIA will show that there is a need for the foreign worker to fill the job and that there is no Canadian worker available to do the job.You need to have an LMIA backed job offer.

Yes.

Your score of CRS 350 is not enough and the other option would be to get minimum CLB 9 ie, L-8,R-7,W-7,S-7 for IELTS and boost your score.