+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Lemon Grass said:
Hi
Can someone tell if I am applying from USA (never stayed in Canada) and my CRS point is 420. Is there any possibility that I can get OINP invitation? I thought these invitations are only for those who are staying in Canada or applying from Canada. Please let me know.
Incorrect understanding! OINP PT is country and NOC agnostic! You just need to have 400+ CRS! If you haven't got a PT in a while, consider recreating your profile!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
adilkhan31 said:
Hi guys. I got my ITA last week and late date of submission for documents is 10 Apr 2016. While I am uploading most of the documents, I have a few questions:

1. Should I get the bank letter now or do I wait till the last minute so I can upload the latest statement?
2. My current employer issued me the experience certificate in Oct 2015. Should I ask them to issue a new one or the old one will still be valid since I am still working with them?

TIA
1) Get bank letters close to the date of submission!
2) No, your current letter will do fine! You can submit it! Letters from current employer are considered valid for 1 year, AFAIK.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
canada19 said:
Hello
My CRS is 323...can i abt French ....or ielts is d only option to improve and ..should i make a profile un quebec as i already have created account befire 26 jan.
Thanx
You need to have a language test result in either English or French! I'm not sure about procedures pertaining to qubec immigration! Someone else can answer that!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
canada19 said:
I more query ....i started as clerk in a bank then promoted as supervisor clerk now clerk NOC is under C and superviaor clerk 1212 is under B.am going to apply under 1212.in myreference letter period would be total period worked in bank bur experience as supervisor is less than total period.how should be it mentioned in refrence letter.and another query is if i apply in job bank or other search engines .and banks etc...i should apply as supervisor only or i can apply as clerk in bank...can u apply in other orgations or it should be bank only.
Plz guide .
Thanx.
1) If you have at least 1 year, work experience in your primary NOC you are choosing (1212), you are good to go!
2) jobbank is just an eligibility requirement. You can apply to any any organization - not necessarily banks!

MASHUDANWAR

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 SEPTEMBER 2014
Nomination.....
09 JANUARY 2015
AOR Received.
13 FEBRUARY 2015
Med's Request
01 APRIL 2015
Med's Done....
02 APRIL 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
8 MAY 2015
VISA ISSUED...
GOT PP 11 JUNE 2015 (ISSUE 20/5/15)
LANDED..........
INSAALLAH
can anyone tell me is there any point of work experience in home country. In express point system I am not clear this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lucky777

May 5, 2011
express entry profile says ineligible although highly eligible

I got the following message although I have done everything. please help me what had gone wrong.

You are not eligible for Express Entry
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your
profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be
eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds

canada19

May 21, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) If you have at least 1 year, work experience in your primary NOC you are choosing (1212), you are good to go!
2) jobbank is just an eligibility requirement. You can apply to any any organization - not necessarily banks!
Plz also make it clear how should we enter in reference leter ...period....and i only can search with supervisor clerk or i can apply wigh clerk also.

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Dear Raj,

Can you please give the links of different pnps?
And also let me know about the prospects of PNPs..i mean which provinces can be applied with score 350?And my noc is 6235.

canada19

May 21, 2015
Dear Raj,
If i hav experience under two different nocs and i want to add points for both...is it possible.
Thanx.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Lucky777 said:
I got the following message although I have done everything. please help me what had gone wrong.

You are not eligible for Express Entry
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your
profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be
eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds
Did you check if you are eligible under FSW? For you to be eligible under EE, you need to be eligible under one of the economic immigration programs (FSW/CEC/FST).

Use the below link and check if you are getting 67 points out of 100.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
canada19 said:
Plz also make it clear how should we enter in reference leter ...period....and i only can search with supervisor clerk or i can apply wigh clerk also.
Your primary NOC should be one among them! If you have at least 1 year, continuous work experience in a single NOC, then, you can combine any other work experience that you might have gained too!

You get maximum points for 3 years of foreign work experience. If you have been a superviser for 3 + years, then, it is sufficient if you get a reference letter for that job alone (though getting both the letters won't do any harm).

Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
canada19 said:
Dear Raj,
If i hav experience under two different nocs and i want to add points for both...is it possible.
Thanx.
Yes! If you have at least one year continuous work experience in one NOC, then, you can add the the work experience gained under multiple NOCs over multiple jobs!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
alvirahuda said:
Dear Raj,

Can you please give the links of different pnps?
And also let me know about the prospects of PNPs..i mean which provinces can be applied with score 350?And my noc is 6235.
Check this post --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4958217#msg4958217

keepsmiling

Feb 1, 2016
Hello Raj,

I have created EE profile but have few (may be silly) questions from EE profile, but i thought its better to ask experts here:

1. How much money (in Canadian dollars) will XXXXXX bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?

As me and my spouse is applying, 15000 CAD is the expected amount. Is 15000 CAD is enough or should i enter more?

2. Date XXXXXXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation

Which date i should enter here? I am in IT but my engineering is in Mechanical. I had a training from my first Organization in IT and then i started IT work. So what date should i enter, the day i finished Engineering or the day my training is completed? Or this is not a significant question?

3. Education History: Field of study?
As I am a mechanical engineer there is no option to select in this category for this question. The only option i noticed is "Other". Is it OK?

Please Guide..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
keepsmiling said:
Hello Raj,

I have created EE profile but have few (may be silly) questions from EE profile, but i thought its better to ask experts here:

1. How much money (in Canadian dollars) will XXXXXX bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?

As me and my spouse is applying, 15000 CAD is the expected amount. Is 15000 CAD is enough or should i enter more?

For 2 people, you need at least $15,143. Enter an amount that is > = the aforementioned amount. Below is the link for your reference -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

2. Date XXXXXXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation

Which date i should enter here? I am in IT but my engineering is in Mechanical. I had a training from my first Organization in IT and then i started IT work. So what date should i enter, the day i finished Engineering or the day my training is completed? Or this is not a significant question?

I believe you can enter the date when you graduated. Your education background and your line of work need not necessarily match for the purpose of your PR application.

3. Education History: Field of study?
As I am a mechanical engineer there is no option to select in this category for this question. The only option i noticed is "Other". Is it OK?

Not very sure about this but I believe there is a category "Other Engineering fields"? I believe you can choose that!

Please Guide..