+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) You can mention only job 4 and job 5 since you get maximum points for it.

After you get ITA, mention only job 4 and job 5 in your work experience section and retain the other jobs in the personal history section alone. This way, you need to submit reference letters for job 4 and job 5 alone.
Doesn't it raise suspicion? Won't they go "Hey, wait a second, this dude had only 1 of these jobs under work experience section, and here (personal history section) there are 2. What's going on here?!"

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
haznac said:
Doesn't it raise suspicion? Won't they go "Hey, wait a second, this dude had only 1 of these jobs under work experience section, and here (personal history section) there are 2. What's going on here?!"
No.

Why would you need to provide documentation for some job/degree that you are not claiming points for? How many people can get reference letters from all employers in the past 10 years? The work history section and the education history section are purely for the purpose of awarding points while the personal history section is to learn about your, well, personal history.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
NKV said:
I have one query regarding medical examination - If a person who had heart problem ( age 40) stents 3 years back will qualify in medical examination.
pls suggest.
If the medical condition is not contagious AND it won't be a burden on the Canadian healthcare system, then it is fine. I am not a doctor so I do not know the costs associated with the condition that you are mentioning.

Check this topic and see if you can find anything there --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-examinationmade-easy-t133692.210.html

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
No.

Why would you need to provide documentation for some job/degree that you are not claiming points for? How many people can get reference letters from all employers in the past 10 years? The work history section and the education history section are purely for the purpose of awarding points while the personal history section is to learn about your, well, personal history.
People went ahead with this approach you mention, and they got their PRs, right? I just want to double confirm :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
haznac said:
People went ahead with this approach you mention, and they got their PRs, right? I just want to double confirm :)
:) . This is perfectly fine! Haven't heard back from any applicant who complained that his/her application was rejected because of this.

You can confirm it with one of the senior most members "Asivad Anac" if you would like to!

Lemon Grass

May 10, 2014
Hi Raj
congrats. You are amazing. I have a question. I worked as a research and teaching assistant - noc 4012. for five years to complete my PhD. Can I add this experience for my EE? I read somewhere that "experience as a full-time student should not be counted" . Please let me know your kind judgment on this.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Lemon Grass said:
Hi Raj
congrats. You are amazing. I have a question. I worked as a research and teaching assistant - noc 4012. for five years to complete my PhD. Can I add this experience for my EE? I read somewhere that "experience as a full-time student should not be counted" . Please let me know your kind judgment on this.
You are correct experience gained on study permit is not considered for Express Entry.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
:) . This is perfectly fine! Haven't heard back from any applicant who complained that his/her application was rejected because of this.

You can confirm it with one of the senior most members "Asivad Anac" if you would like to!
Thanks raj, you are senior enough for me :D

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
NKV said:
I have one query regarding medical examination - If a person who had heart problem ( age 40) stents 3 years back will qualify in medical examination.
pls suggest.
IRPA38 - excessive demand is when your cost exceeds $6,387 per year which is the average cost pro capite in Canada

Panel physician will assess this and prepare a report on costs if any for future ...

Lemon Grass

May 10, 2014
Hi
Can someone tell if I am applying from USA (never stayed in Canada) and my CRS point is 420. Is there any possibility that I can get OINP invitation? I thought these invitations are only for those who are staying in Canada or applying from Canada. Please let me know.

adilkhan31

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. I got my ITA last week and late date of submission for documents is 10 Apr 2016. While I am uploading most of the documents, I have a few questions:

1. Should I get the bank letter now or do I wait till the last minute so I can upload the latest statement?
2. My current employer issued me the experience certificate in Oct 2015. Should I ask them to issue a new one or the old one will still be valid since I am still working with them?

TIA

canada19

May 21, 2015
Hello
My CRS is 323...can i abt French ....or ielts is d only option to improve and ..should i make a profile un quebec as i already have created account befire 26 jan.
Thanx

canada19

May 21, 2015
I more query ....i started as clerk in a bank then promoted as supervisor clerk now clerk NOC is under C and superviaor clerk 1212 is under B.am going to apply under 1212.in myreference letter period would be total period worked in bank bur experience as supervisor is less than total period.how should be it mentioned in refrence letter.and another query is if i apply in job bank or other search engines .and banks etc...i should apply as supervisor only or i can apply as clerk in bank...can u apply in other orgations or it should be bank only.
Plz guide .
Thanx.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
terki said:
IRPA38 - excessive demand is when your cost exceeds $6,387 per year which is the average cost pro capite in Canada

Panel physician will assess this and prepare a report on costs if any for future ...
+1 for this info!