+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

axeans

Feb 2, 2016
Re: Spouse Accompanying Confusion

Stanlee said:
You can apply as married and spouse not accompanying to get more points. But I have heard that the process to sponsor your family later takes long and is a bit complicated than including her in your PR application.

Please note, even if your spouse/family is not accompanying you, you still have to get PCC and medicals done for all of them and even show funds for all family members. So, I am not sure whether you would want to pursue this option just for the sake of getting more points. Instead, you can get ECA done for your wife, you can claim upto 10 points for her ECA. With her ECA score added, you would get 465+ which is a good score to get ITA in the next few rounds of invitation.
Thanks Stanlee. I think your advice is good and should go for ECA rather not accompanying option for now and wait for a few draws to see if the cut off drops a bit. However its been a while since i created my profile and did not even receive Ontario PT till now.

pashka4281

Apr 20, 2016
Hello guys,

Does anyone know how to deal with this situation?

I'm filling my ExpressEntry profile and one thing that confuses me a lot is how to fill the section related to work experience.
I'm a freelancer (web developer) with 5 years of exp. (all of that is freelance, never worked as employee). If translate that into 1560 hrs/year than I have 3 years of exp.

Most of that was worked through oDesk/upwork but a few projects were done directly with clients.

so the questions is should I list all my projects in EE profile (there are really a lot of them since mostly they were pretty small) or I can just specify single entry - something like "self employed" or "freelancer" as my employer name and combine all the hours into that entry?

Thanks!

_modernnomad_

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Passport Req..
10-04-2017
Hi guys,

I have received the ITA today and starting to upload all docs.
My situation is: I've been working for the same employer in Canada and I'm invited to apply under CEC. I used to work under PGWP, which got expired and my employer made me LMIA. So, currently, I have arranged employment with the same company.
I'm a bit confused about the list of required documents for application to be submitted:

Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)
Education (diplomas/degrees) (required)
Digital photo (required)
Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)
Proof of medical exam (required)
Letter of Employment (required)
Employment Records (required)
Offer of Employment (required)

Should I upload the same doc for "Letter of Employment" and "Employment Records" since it's from the same employer, or is there any difference in these letters?

What about Offer of Employment?
Offer of Employment
You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)
The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address).

It seems to me like the same as 2 letters mentioned above...

Confused ::)

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Dear Experts,

I need to do document evaluation for my wife degree which is Bachelor of science (2 years). I think WES will do the evaluation, Please let me know the procedure of this evaluation. How much fee i need to pay, Which documents I need to send.

Thanks in anticipation.

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anwar01 said:
Dear Experts,

I need to do document evaluation for my wife degree which is Bachelor of science (2 years). I think WES will do the evaluation, Please let me know the procedure of this evaluation. How much fee i need to pay, Which documents I need to send.

Thanks in anticipation.
Hi Anwar01,

You can check the Degree Equivalency Tool on WES website and enter your details and find out what your wife's degree stands in Canadian Terms. Here is the link:

http://www.wes.org/evaluations/preliminary.asp?

Remember, it is not a final verdict as how your degree will be evaluated by WES which is subject to change after final evaluation. You can check required documents using below link:

http://www.wes.org/required/index.asp?

The fee for evaluation is CAD 200+Tax+Courier charges. You can get as many qualifications evaluated in the same charges as you want. You have to create a login id with WES and pay the fee which will generate a reference number and send the required documents in a sealed envelope mentioning the reference number on the envelope. You can find more details using the below link as it explains the step by step procedure:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/educational-credential-assessment-eca-from-wes-step-by-step-guide-t394160.0.html

I hope it helps.

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
anwar01 said:
Dear Experts,

Thanks in anticipation.
1. Go to this link http://www.wes.org/ca/application/apply_now.asp?
2. Select 'ECA Application for CIC'
3. Create an account, enter your wife's degree details and make the payment (The total would come to CAD 322)
4. Once the payment has been made, a reference number shall be assigned to you by WES. You shall also get an email with the list of documents that you need to send WES.
5. Get all the documents and send it to WES and they shall assess the educational credentials within 20 business days and send you the report.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
_modernnomad_ said:
Hi guys,

I have received the ITA today and starting to upload all docs.
My situation is: I've been working for the same employer in Canada and I'm invited to apply under CEC. I used to work under PGWP, which got expired and my employer made me LMIA. So, currently, I have arranged employment with the same company.
I'm a bit confused about the list of required documents for application to be submitted:

Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)
Education (diplomas/degrees) (required)
Digital photo (required)
Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)
Proof of medical exam (required)
Letter of Employment (required)
Employment Records (required)
Offer of Employment (required)

Should I upload the same doc for "Letter of Employment" and "Employment Records" since it's from the same employer, or is there any difference in these letters?

What about Offer of Employment?
Offer of Employment
You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)
The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address).

It seems to me like the same as 2 letters mentioned above...

Confused ::)
Letter of Employment - This refers to Reference Letter.
Employment Records - It refers to pay stubs, T4 statements, promotion letters, appraisal letters, increment letters etc, whatever is applicable.
Offer of Employment - This refers to the letter through which the offer of employment was made to you by the employer.

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016
i recieved ITA yesterday but i cannot find my personalised document checklist even after completing the final 3 question survey. Where can i find that info?

_modernnomad_

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Passport Req..
10-04-2017
Stanlee said:
Letter of Employment - This refers to Reference Letter.
Employment Records - It refers to pay stubs, T4 statements, promotion letters, appraisal letters, increment letters etc, whatever is applicable.
Offer of Employment - This refers to the letter through which the offer of employment was made to you by the employer.
Alright, for the Employment Records I'm uploading T4 and payrolls, for Letter of Employment HR will write me a reference letter with the info required.
Still not clear about the Offer of Employment. My HR will say in the reference letter that I've been working for the company since XXX and it's full-time etc etc position. Should I use the original offer letter I received when I was having PGWP (then it's not tied to LMIA) or she should write me a new one based on LMIA?

Subtan

Nov 28, 2015
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ITA: 22- Oct
Submitted application : 5-Nov-2015
Payment required : 20 Nov-2015
Medical Examination passed : 5 January 2016
Additional doc: : 1- March 2016
Submitted documents : 18-March 2016
Request of valid passport : 21-April 2016
Submitted Valid Passport : 21-April 2016

I applied passport having validity till feb 2016.

What could be next step of it? :eek:

lovedeeep

Apr 21, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Thanks Raj for such an informative post. I have a question if anyone could help me out, I have a Masters degree(graduated this month) in computer science from canada, i did 16 months of paid internship as well at IBM Canada, Toronto, can this work experience count as well? It does not count as canadian skilled working class but not sure about FSW. Also, I am in canada and looking for a job right now, in case I end up getting a job in say three or four months, can I update my profile, how can I update information on my profile and until when I can update, is there some lockout timing?
I am in Vancouver, if anyone from this blog decides to come to Vancouver, I would love to host and party :)

Thanks and regards,
Lovedeep Singh

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Thank you Dear...

_Aspirant said:
Hi Anwar01,

You can check the Degree Equivalency Tool on WES website and enter your details and find out what your wife's degree stands in Canadian Terms. Here is the link:

http://www.wes.org/evaluations/preliminary.asp?

Remember, it is not a final verdict as how your degree will be evaluated by WES which is subject to change after final evaluation. You can check required documents using below link:

http://www.wes.org/required/index.asp?

The fee for evaluation is CAD 200+Tax+Courier charges. You can get as many qualifications evaluated in the same charges as you want. You have to create a login id with WES and pay the fee which will generate a reference number and send the required documents in a sealed envelope mentioning the reference number on the envelope. You can find more details using the below link as it explains the step by step procedure:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/educational-credential-assessment-eca-from-wes-step-by-step-guide-t394160.0.html

I hope it helps.

Thanks

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
I appreciate your help Mr. Stanlee...

These forum are a great help for every one..

Stanlee said:
1. Go to this link http://www.wes.org/ca/application/apply_now.asp?
2. Select 'ECA Application for CIC'
3. Create an account, enter your wife's degree details and make the payment (The total would come to CAD 322)
4. Once the payment has been made, a reference number shall be assigned to you by WES. You shall also get an email with the list of documents that you need to send WES.
5. Get all the documents and send it to WES and they shall assess the educational credentials within 20 business days and send you the report.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Anybody from pakistan can guide me how to do document attestation in pakistan for WES evluation?

Following points are confusing me...

1- On website, it is written that HSSC result card & certificate should be sent directly from Board of intermediate & Secondary Education after verification from Controller. We have to send the original certificates/Result card or verified photocopies?

2- For university degree, Only degree & Marksheets are required or I need transcript from the university also.

Thanks in anticipation.